Bronze

Re: Best Laptop for MPT and MEE

Postby Neve » Tue May 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Dell or Mac

streetlawyer

New

Postby streetlawyer » Tue May 30, 2017 11:47 pm

I need to buy one and I only am familiar with windows. I use windows 10 daily so that is not a problem. I would prefer a dell. My boss said he would lend me his dell but then said that he won't let me take it home because I might get cat hairs on it. So I'm buying my own. I did great on the last MBE but screwed up everything else and think that my handwriting may have played a part so this time I'm playing it safe and using a laptop like everyone else.

Basically I just want something that will not let me down for one day

Leprechaun

Bronze

Postby Leprechaun » Tue May 30, 2017 11:52 pm

Just one that meets the minimum specs that the exam software requires and I'm not intending to be flippant.

The next most important thing is to make sure you have an extension cord in case your testing facility has the power strips farther away than the length of your regular power cord. For my state, it was recommended that we have at least a 6 foot extension cord just in case.

And users that had a Macbook Pro Touch Bar had to disable whatever feature that is.

Other than that, you should be set

Good luck!!

ndbigdave

Bronze

Postby ndbigdave » Wed May 31, 2017 10:04 am

streetlawyer wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations?

Honestly just about any new laptop will work, the only quirk I ran into and was aware of for February 2017 was that Exam Soft and certain state bar boards wont let you use the MacBook with touchbar, or if you can use it you must disable it (not difficult, but an added step to accomplish).

Otherwise my advice is to get a computer early enough to get comfortable with the track pad and most importantly keyboard.

I have used a Surface Pro 3 (with TypeCover) for one bar and had no issues and then later used a Surface Book which I liked even better due to the more traditional keyboard.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�