Bronze

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2017

Postby ernie » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:03 pm

It's up for me.

jennifer_42

New

Postby jennifer_42 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:15 pm

saywhat88 wrote:is the themis website down for anyone or is it just me?

Well, it's up for me.

robin600

Gold

Postby robin600 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:04 am

Some of these MBE questions make no sense. I read the question and lots of time I can state the rule in my head and then like none of the answer choices make sense. So I pick one, read the explanation, and the rule I stated is in there. Frustrating.

champloo

Bronze

Postby champloo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:14 pm

anyone know how to print the MBE PQs or the practice exams? i hate taking multiple choice questions on a computer since i tend to make a lot of marks/notes to help me break down the question. i also cross off wrong answer choices and this helps me a lot with time management. got the habit while studying for the lsat.

eta: if i don't currently have or have already used the book.

jennifer_42

New

Postby jennifer_42 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:41 pm

champloo wrote:anyone know how to print the MBE PQs or the practice exams? i hate taking multiple choice questions on a computer since i tend to make a lot of marks/notes to help me break down the question. i also cross off wrong answer choices and this helps me a lot with time management. got the habit while studying for the lsat.

You should have a book of practice exams. As for the other questions, I don't know of a way other than printing each question or copying each question to a Word doc.

champloo

Bronze

Postby champloo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:22 pm

jennifer_42 wrote:
champloo wrote:anyone know how to print the MBE PQs or the practice exams? i hate taking multiple choice questions on a computer since i tend to make a lot of marks/notes to help me break down the question. i also cross off wrong answer choices and this helps me a lot with time management. got the habit while studying for the lsat.

You should have a book of practice exams. As for the other questions, I don't know of a way other than printing each question or copying each question to a Word doc.

well that sucks. do you know of any bar study supplement that allows you to print question sets or exams?

jennifer_42

New

Postby jennifer_42 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:44 pm

champloo wrote:
jennifer_42 wrote:

well that sucks. do you know of any bar study supplement that allows you to print question sets or exams?

? Not sure what you're asking. There are lots of printed books on amazon, NCBE, etc.

champloo

Bronze

Postby champloo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:57 pm

jennifer_42 wrote:
champloo wrote:
jennifer_42 wrote:

? Not sure what you're asking. There are lots of printed books on amazon, NCBE, etc.

i meant online services that allow you to answer questions both online and allow you to print. doesn't seem like adaptibar allows you to print questions either.

Brobot

New

Postby Brobot » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:12 pm

champloo wrote:
jennifer_42 wrote:
champloo wrote:
jennifer_42 wrote:

i meant online services that allow you to answer questions both online and allow you to print. doesn't seem like adaptibar allows you to print questions either.

I do not recommend Adaptibar.

[Previous post edited after being contacted by Adaptibar.]
Last edited by Brobot on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

champloo

Bronze

Postby champloo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Brobot wrote:
There are a couple ways I've found to do this in Adaptibar, but I've only ever done it with questions I've already answered (to review missed Qs). For those, you can generate a PDF report of 300 questions at a time. Go to Performance tab >> Past Questions and set your filters.

Hope that helps.

yea, pdf files are perfect. thanks for the info

whats an updog

Bronze

Postby whats an updog » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:14 pm

MelaPela wrote:
J-english wrote:Did anyone do the Graded Torts Essay yet? Did you feel like there was no way to get all that information down within 30 minutes? I only got through the first 2 issues and then one sentence on the 3rd.... didn't even touch the 4th one. :shock:

I did it this morning and had a similar issue. I did get to the 4th but wrote literally 2 sentences before time ran out. In retrospect,
[+] Spoiler
probably shouldn't have done a full negligence analysis for the first two

Not trying to ruin it for anyone, but
[+] Spoiler
did you guys have the carbon monoxide/gas station question for your graded torts essay? I was irritated that this was the same question from the first intro essay workshop with Ide-Don.

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Postby yeslekkkk » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:37 pm

whats an updog wrote:
MelaPela wrote:
J-english wrote:Did anyone do the Graded Torts Essay yet? Did you feel like there was no way to get all that information down within 30 minutes? I only got through the first 2 issues and then one sentence on the 3rd.... didn't even touch the 4th one. :shock:

I did it this morning and had a similar issue. I did get to the 4th but wrote literally 2 sentences before time ran out. In retrospect,
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
did you guys have the carbon monoxide/gas station question for your graded torts essay? I was irritated that this was the same question from the first intro essay workshop with Ide-Don.

I thought that it was odd that they chose that one to be the graded essay. I could understand having us writing out the workshop one anyways, but it doesn't make sense to have that one be the graded essay. Surely, they could have caught that. OR, is it because the Chris thing is geared towards California, but the graded essay was geared towards the whole country? They should have caught that regardless. Does everyone get Chris or is just California?

whats an updog

Bronze

Postby whats an updog » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:14 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:
whats an updog wrote:
MelaPela wrote:

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

I thought that it was odd that they chose that one to be the graded essay. I could understand having us writing out the workshop one anyways, but it doesn't make sense to have that one be the graded essay. Surely, they could have caught that. OR, is it because the Chris thing is geared towards California, but the graded essay was geared towards the whole country? They should have caught that regardless. Does everyone get Chris or is just California?

Ahhh, good call, it hadn't occurred to me that he's only for California, but now that you mention it, I bet you're right. Still, considering how many people are taking CA bar, I agree they should've caught it.

Bobzilla

New

Postby Bobzilla » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:02 am

So I'm running behind, but did anyone answer the Torts Practice essay with the snowmobilers (Question ID: 2147)?

In the sample response, the neighbor who knocked over the equipment that set the cabin on fire is not found liable because a reasonable person would have run to the cabin to get help. And that's all it said. I mentioned that given that it's an emergency situation he would be held to the standard of a reasonable person in such situations, which may be lower, but his earlier drinking could have led to him being intoxicated and but-for his intoxication, the fire would not have occurred.

I didn't really know how to come out on that issue (which makes me think my points were inapplicable), but did I just see rules that simply weren't there? I thought they were relevant...

J-english

New

Postby J-english » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:22 am

whats an updog wrote:
MelaPela wrote:

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

No.... that was not the question I had. I had one about a girl in the Dorms getting attacked by someone who got in through a door with a broken lock.

I'm taking the UBE.... wonder if that's the difference.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Postby Slytherpuff » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:33 am

Let's try to keep those in spoilers for now! I'm waiting on the graded essay until later this week since I need to master Torts a bit more first. :?

ernie

Bronze

Postby ernie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Weekend bar prep. Someone please stab my eyes out.

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Postby yeslekkkk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:20 pm

ernie wrote:Weekend bar prep. Someone please stab my eyes out.

I've lost track of what day of the week is. They all appear the same.

bmmccb223

Bronze

Postby bmmccb223 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:53 pm

How are you all reviewing the outlines? I feel like there is too much information to process. Is anyone making their own outlines for the MBE subjects?

jennifer_42

New

Postby jennifer_42 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:53 pm

bmmccb223 wrote:How are you all reviewing the outlines? I feel like there is too much information to process. Is anyone making their own outlines for the MBE subjects?

Some of the really long ones are just awful -- I get lost. So what I do is either just read the final review outline, or keep my place in the final out line while I flip back to the long outline for more detail. Sometimes I keep a pencil in both places to help me flip back and forth.

I do not have time to make my own outline, but if I feel like neither outline concisely points out what I need to know, I'll write it out and attach it to the lecture notes so I see it every time Themis tells me to review the lecture notes.

whats an updog

Bronze

Postby whats an updog » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Can someone give me a heads up as to how long the first practice essay exam is?

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Postby Slytherpuff » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:18 pm

whats an updog wrote:Can someone give me a heads up as to how long the first practice essay exam is?

I think the one tomorrow is just 90 minutes (three 30-minute essays).

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Postby yeslekkkk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:15 pm

whats an updog wrote:Can someone give me a heads up as to how long the first practice essay exam is?

Mine was 120 minutes. Two essays. 1 hour each. I think it probably depends on what state exam you're taking.

Fireworks2016

New

Postby Fireworks2016 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Is there a magic # of MBE questions to hit? I'm at 750, with 75% accuracy so far, feeling much less confident about the essays.

Bluem_11

Bronze

Postby Bluem_11 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Fireworks2016 wrote:Is there a magic # of MBE questions to hit? I'm at 750, with 75% accuracy so far, feeling much less confident about the essays.

The more you do the better obviously, but when I studied for the bar, I felt the marginal benefit start to hit a sharp decline around 1,500. However it took me that long to get up to 70's with consistency. If you're still hitting that consistently by 1,000 start diverting more to MEE subjects.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?