Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Slytherpuff

Platinum

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2017

Post by Slytherpuff » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:59 am

Optimist Prime wrote:Checking in. Go team free iPad.

Stupid question -- what/where are the final review outlines? I'm condensing the Don Ide outlines into my version of an attack outline so that I have a 2-3 page high level sheet of each topic that I can use to refresh old topics while i'm studying the new ones. Wondering if there is a better way...
They're in the very back of the outline books.

Optimist Prime

Bronze

Post by Optimist Prime » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:53 am

Thanks. That explains why I couldn't find it online -- my books arrived late and it looks like they forgot to include the MEE ones :roll:

ernie

Bronze

Post by ernie » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:02 pm

Optimist Prime wrote:Thanks. That explains why I couldn't find it online -- my books arrived late and it looks like they forgot to include the MEE ones :roll:
They are online, they sent them in a message as an attachment.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:55 pm

Checking in a little late. Pretty far behind at this point, about two-thirds of the way through property. Hopefully I can catch up now that I've ditched the full outline book and moved to 1.5 on the lectures. Stuff is so boring thus far that I'm legit having trouble concentrating :|

ernie

Bronze

Post by ernie » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:57 pm

cron1834 wrote:Checking in a little late. Pretty far behind at this point, about two-thirds of the way through property. Hopefully I can catch up now that I've ditched the full outline book and moved to 1.5 on the lectures. Stuff is so boring thus far that I'm legit having trouble concentrating :|
Dude same this sucks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SeewhathappensLarry

Bronze

Post by SeewhathappensLarry » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:06 pm

ernie wrote:
cron1834 wrote:Checking in a little late. Pretty far behind at this point, about two-thirds of the way through property. Hopefully I can catch up now that I've ditched the full outline book and moved to 1.5 on the lectures. Stuff is so boring thus far that I'm legit having trouble concentrating :|
Dude same this sucks
It gets a bit more manageable once you figure out what works for you and what doesn't. Once you can eliminate the worthless things it's a bit better

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Property is rough. The more I do it, the more I realize that I don't quite get it. I'm just trudging along. I think we'll keep picking up more later when we do more practice.

My school had graduation a week later than others, so we all got a week late start. We're all right there with you.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:50 pm

Thanks. It does occur to me that Ks and real property is probably the worst 1-2 punch you could construct...

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:16 pm

I don't think you're really that far behind! I'm maybe a day ahead of you at this point (I missed a couple of days over MDW and rushed through the rest of the property lectures yesterday so that I could take the graded essay on time). I think you can catch up quickly if you're concerned about it, but we still have tons of time until the exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:20 pm

Optimist Prime wrote:Thanks. That explains why I couldn't find it online -- my books arrived late and it looks like they forgot to include the MEE ones :roll:
They didn't ship your MEE books?! Ugh, that sucks. When you get the full set, all the MBE stuff is in your books (check the back of the outline book for the final review outlines, lectures are in a separate book) and then the MEE stuff is missing the workshop outlines (but they messaged us in the Themis portal with a PDF, like ernie said - the outline book should be complete at least). I haven't touched the other books we got yet.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:
I don't think you're really that far behind! I'm maybe a day ahead of you at this point (I missed a couple of days over MDW and rushed through the rest of the property lectures yesterday so that I could take the graded essay on time). I think you can catch up quickly if you're concerned about it, but we still have tons of time until the exam.
True, tho being in a non-UBE state complicates, because I have a bunch of dumb exceptions to learn in addition :lol:

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:44 pm

cron1834 wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:
True, tho being in a non-UBE state complicates, because I have a bunch of dumb exceptions to learn in addition :lol:
I was going to ask what state you're taking! I just looked up what MEE is. I didn't even know what that is. I'm in CA so I'm taking the exam end of July. I just realized some of you may be taking it at other times or have a different Themis schedule! Silly me!

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:50 pm

IL. More state-specific stuff to learn, but easier cutoffs than California, so I can't complain too much!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ernie

Bronze

Post by ernie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:30 am

Working part-time and having a hard time keeping up. I technically could fit everything in, but not enough discipline. :|

RLowry23

Bronze

Post by RLowry23 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:06 am

Every time I hear Sherman Clark speak, I want to throw my laptop. How does he make each video take so long? Why does he hate us all, so much?

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:20 am

RLowry23 wrote:Every time I hear Sherman Clark speak, I want to throw my laptop. How does he make each video take so long? Why does he hate us all, so much?
1.5 speed. It's almost normal talking speed.

SeewhathappensLarry

Bronze

Post by SeewhathappensLarry » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:55 am

yeslekkkk wrote:
RLowry23 wrote:Every time I hear Sherman Clark speak, I want to throw my laptop. How does he make each video take so long? Why does he hate us all, so much?
And 2x speed if you do his mini review lectures. I also found him really frustrating. He lectures as if he is coming up with the law and examples off the top of his head

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RLowry23

Bronze

Post by RLowry23 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:18 am

SeewhathappensLarry wrote:
yeslekkkk wrote:
And 2x speed if you do his mini review lectures. I also found him really frustrating. He lectures as if he is coming up with the law and examples off the top of his head
Currently have him at 2.1 speed...

Exactly, and then he proceeds to explain the examples over and over again - often making things more confusing.

All the other lecturers are much better, so he stands out for being particularly annoying. Plus, evidence is boring enough as it is.

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:11 pm

RLowry23 wrote:
yeslekkkk wrote:

Exactly, and then he proceeds to explain the examples over and over again - often making things more confusing.

All the other lecturers are much better, so he stands out for being particularly annoying. Plus, evidence is boring enough as it is.
I'm only on Torts right now with him. I'm really excited for Evidence now. YAYYYYYY

Jon_Snow

New

Post by Jon_Snow » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:54 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:
RLowry23 wrote:
yeslekkkk wrote:

I'm only on Torts right now with him. I'm really excited for Evidence now. YAYYYYYY
Evidence for me is with Schott.

I am studying for the bar now. That's what I do. I study for the bar every day.

ernie

Bronze

Post by ernie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:08 pm

Wait how is it possible we have different professors for evidence?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sesto elemento

Gold

Post by sesto elemento » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:25 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:
Also on property.

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:25 pm

Oh wait, I do have evidence with Schott. I don't know where I thought he did evidence also. I must have read something else. THANK GOD then.

but... how is Schott?

RLowry23

Bronze

Post by RLowry23 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:34 pm

ernie wrote:Wait how is it possible we have different professors for evidence?

They do state specific evidence instructions (at least for IL).

SplitMyPants

Gold

Post by SplitMyPants » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:41 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:Oh wait, I do have evidence with Schott. I don't know where I thought he did evidence also. I must have read something else. THANK GOD then.

but... how is Schott?
just started on his family law lectures. he's not bad.
he characterizes every single thing as "a side note," though, which irks me for some reason...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”