2017 July Illinois Bar

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 2203
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby cron1834 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:53 pm

The dozen or so people I spoke to about the IEE pretty much just winged it on that one. Nobody knew anything about the above. I can't imagine the grading being absurdly harsh on that question...

Stalemated
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby Stalemated » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:34 am

cron1834 wrote:The dozen or so people I spoke to about the IEE pretty much just winged it on that one. Nobody knew anything about the above. I can't imagine the grading being absurdly harsh on that question...

Yeah, I winged a good chunk of that essay. Turned out to hit a lot of the substance of the rules without really knowing them, and I did say jury had legal right to instructions (guessed).

champloo
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby champloo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Have any of you received your c&f recommendation letter? I haven't received mine and was wondering if I should start worrying. :cry:

uhhuhjulia
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby uhhuhjulia » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:51 pm

champloo wrote:Have any of you received your c&f recommendation letter? I haven't received mine and was wondering if I should start worrying. :cry:


Yes I have and some of my friends have too but we all got them this week (one even today). So I assume this might mean they're still going through them

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 2203
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby cron1834 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:56 pm

I'm still waiting on mine, but I applied about a month after my friends who have received one. Not really stressing about this until I find out if I passed the exam anyway :lol:

User avatar
ndbigdave
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:25 am

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby ndbigdave » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:24 am

cron1834 wrote:I'm still waiting on mine, but I applied about a month after my friends who have received one. Not really stressing about this until I find out if I passed the exam anyway :lol:


Still waiting here too. Had some outstanding references and inexplicably was informed they didnt have my driving record and some other paperwork that was clearly uploaded to my profile - shakes head. I feel the same way though, dont particularly care until I know I have passed. I will then put pressure on some of these former employers who havent responded. Seems like nonsense.

Suprman37
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby Suprman37 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:42 am

ndbigdave wrote:Had some outstanding references and inexplicably was informed they didnt have my driving record and some other paperwork that was clearly uploaded to my profile - shakes head.

Same here. I went and paid the court clerk for a copy of an order that they said they needed, only to see it was part of the stuff that I previously uploaded to them.

uhhuhjulia
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby uhhuhjulia » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:39 am

Has the NCBE posted the national stats yet? Curious to see what the national rate was considering how difficult many people found it this year

User avatar
ndbigdave
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:25 am

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby ndbigdave » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:05 pm

uhhuhjulia wrote:Has the NCBE posted the national stats yet? Curious to see what the national rate was considering how difficult many people found it this year


I have been curious about this as well, I just another deep dive trying to find it - no luck. Nothing posted yet as to national MBE scores yet. Not sure when to expect it either.

Last July was 138.6 (median score) so for IL that would put you on pace to have "banked" 6 points towards the essays so you would need a 127 or higher. A 127 is not a particularly high score.

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 2203
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby cron1834 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:17 am

ndbigdave wrote:
cron1834 wrote:I'm still waiting on mine, but I applied about a month after my friends who have received one. Not really stressing about this until I find out if I passed the exam anyway


Still waiting here too. Had some outstanding references and inexplicably was informed they didnt have my driving record and some other paperwork that was clearly uploaded to my profile - shakes head. I feel the same way though, dont particularly care until I know I have passed. I will then put pressure on some of these former employers who havent responded. Seems like nonsense.

My outstanding employer references are really pretty laughable. One is my SA firm. Like, maybe the initial bar email went to spam or something, but if you spent even 5 seconds dialing the phone you could get someone. It's a large firm with a receptionist and an HR department ffs :lol:

User avatar
ndbigdave
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:25 am

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby ndbigdave » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:40 pm

cron1834 wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:
cron1834 wrote:I'm still waiting on mine, but I applied about a month after my friends who have received one. Not really stressing about this until I find out if I passed the exam anyway


Still waiting here too. Had some outstanding references and inexplicably was informed they didnt have my driving record and some other paperwork that was clearly uploaded to my profile - shakes head. I feel the same way though, dont particularly care until I know I have passed. I will then put pressure on some of these former employers who havent responded. Seems like nonsense.

My outstanding employer references are really pretty laughable. One is my SA firm. Like, maybe the initial bar email went to spam or something, but if you spent even 5 seconds dialing the phone you could get someone. It's a large firm with a receptionist and an HR department ffs :lol:


From what I can gather, mine are all in now. So just waiting to see if I have to come in for a meeting, part of me is expecting it (had a minor legal issue about 10 years ago and then had a few credit cards I fell behind on but have now completely paid off). I am not nervous about it, I am already licensed in Michigan (and was NOT called in for any follow-up at all) and I have disclosed everything so no real worries.

What is laughable is the longest outstanding reference was from my clerking days. I spent nearly 7 years as a judicial clerk, only leaving during my final semester of law school as the judgeg was set to retire. I gave phone numbers, names, email addresses, fax number and physical address yet it has taken almost 8 months to finally get the reference in.

That all being said, all I care about are the scores now and I am curious to see the national averages.

uhhuhjulia
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby uhhuhjulia » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:47 pm

ndbigdave wrote:
uhhuhjulia wrote:Has the NCBE posted the national stats yet? Curious to see what the national rate was considering how difficult many people found it this year


I have been curious about this as well, I just another deep dive trying to find it - no luck. Nothing posted yet as to national MBE scores yet. Not sure when to expect it either.

Last July was 138.6 (median score) so for IL that would put you on pace to have "banked" 6 points towards the essays so you would need a 127 or higher. A 127 is not a particularly high score.


Hmm looking at other state pass rates that have released so far, there doesn't appear to be a significant drop in pass rates from last year so maybe it'll stay pretty steady.

Southpaw89
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 12:43 am

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby Southpaw89 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:58 am

Anyone think results could be released today?

#hopeful

User avatar
BlendedUnicorn
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Postby BlendedUnicorn » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:09 am

Southpaw89 wrote:Anyone think results could be released today?

#hopeful


Not even a little.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carolinagc23, Google Adsense [Bot], hockeyman969, Kohawks, Thrive, Usa0523 and 24 guests