2017 July Illinois Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
adj

New

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Post by adj » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 pm

FYI. The location notices for the bar admission ceremony were sent via email today. If you passed C&F and did not receive a notice with the location and time of your ceremony, you should contact the Illinois Supreme Court clerk's office.

Suprman37

New

Post by Suprman37 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:48 am

adj wrote:FYI. The location notices for the bar admission ceremony were sent via email today. If you passed C&F and did not receive a notice with the location and time of your ceremony, you should contact the Illinois Supreme Court clerk's office.
Too bad they didn't delay 24 hours. I just got my certification letter this morning.

LawGCS

New

Post by LawGCS » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:36 am

I love how convenient IL is....I live extremely close to one venue yet was assigned to one almost 3 hours away. I don’t know how that makes any sense. They apparently did it by the address you most recently submitted. I’ve never changed mine. Weird.

Suprman37

New

Post by Suprman37 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:03 pm

LawGCS wrote:I love how convenient IL is....I live extremely close to one venue yet was assigned to one almost 3 hours away. I don’t know how that makes any sense. They apparently did it by the address you most recently submitted. I’ve never changed mine. Weird.
Contact the Court Clerk. They should be able to reassign you.

LawGCS

New

Post by LawGCS » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:17 pm

I did and they were actually very quick about it. God love ‘em.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

adj

New

Post by adj » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:00 pm

Suprman37 wrote:
adj wrote:FYI. The location notices for the bar admission ceremony were sent via email today. If you passed C&F and did not receive a notice with the location and time of your ceremony, you should contact the Illinois Supreme Court clerk's office.
Too bad they didn't delay 24 hours. I just got my certification letter this morning.
Congrats!!

jsanner2

New

Post by jsanner2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:55 pm

Just got a news posting from UIUC Law claiming they had a 96% pass rate for July '17. Other school data should be trickling out.

uhhuhjulia

New

Post by uhhuhjulia » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Does anyone know how long the swearing in ceremony lasts?

Suprman37

New

Post by Suprman37 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:32 pm

uhhuhjulia wrote:Does anyone know how long the swearing in ceremony lasts?
I've heard two hours max. Make sure you get there at least 30 mins ahead of time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

uhhuhjulia

New

Post by uhhuhjulia » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Suprman37 wrote:
I've heard two hours max. Make sure you get there at least 30 mins ahead of time.
thanks ! do you know what to expect to happen at the ceremony? is it like commencement?

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:49 pm

uhhuhjulia wrote:
Suprman37 wrote:
thanks ! do you know what to expect to happen at the ceremony? is it like commencement?
There will be a bunch of tables in front of the theater or wherever where you sign your oath or whatever, then you go inside and try not to fall asleep while a bunch of people talk at you, then you all stand up and promise to be good people or lawyers or whatever and then you leave.

midwestrocks

New

Post by midwestrocks » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:10 am

So I missed the payment deadline because I'm dumb. I paid today. Think they will still let me participate? I'm assuming the clerk of court number is the right contact to try and figure it out?

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:27 am

midwestrocks wrote:So I missed the payment deadline because I'm dumb. I paid today. Think they will still let me participate? I'm assuming the clerk of court number is the right contact to try and figure it out?
Correct. I would call and see what they say, no doubt you're on the list already, just a matter how Harvard they are with the payment date. You aren't the first and certainly won't be the last to be in this spot so they must know how to deal with the situation. Still a few days until swearing-in.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

itsme123

New

Post by itsme123 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:02 am

Anyone know if they’re super strict with guest count?

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:28 pm

So do we get a bar number or something like that?

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:38 pm

You'll get an ARDC number. Instructions for registration will come in the mail.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Congratulations to all of you!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:29 am

Nebby wrote:You'll get an ARDC number. Instructions for registration will come in the mail.
Like the snail mail? Any idea who I should contact if my address has changed in the last couple months (different than what it said on my envelope/when I took the bar)?

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:56 am

star fox wrote:
Nebby wrote:You'll get an ARDC number. Instructions for registration will come in the mail.
Like the snail mail? Any idea who I should contact if my address has changed in the last couple months (different than what it said on my envelope/when I took the bar)?
Yes, snail mail. I would call the bar and see if they know.

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Anyone else having trouble with ARDC registration? It still indicates that I have not taken my oath even though I did on the 9th. Is this normal, or should I give them a call?

MT Cicero

Silver

Post by MT Cicero » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Steve2207 wrote:Anyone else having trouble with ARDC registration? It still indicates that I have not taken my oath even though I did on the 9th. Is this normal, or should I give them a call?
Same here. I figured I'd give them another week or two to sort it out (maybe just catching up on data entry?), then fire off an email asking if they need anything else from me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:15 pm

MT Cicero wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:Anyone else having trouble with ARDC registration? It still indicates that I have not taken my oath even though I did on the 9th. Is this normal, or should I give them a call?
Same here. I figured I'd give them another week or two to sort it out (maybe just catching up on data entry?), then fire off an email asking if they need anything else from me.
Also same.

artorres

New

Post by artorres » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:37 am

BlendedUnicorn wrote:
MT Cicero wrote:
Also same.

My status finally changed to "Active and authorized to practice law." However, the "Last Year Registered" field is still empty even though I submitted the registration on 11/15.

MT Cicero

Silver

Post by MT Cicero » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:32 am

artorres wrote:
BlendedUnicorn wrote:
MT Cicero wrote:
Also same.

My status finally changed to "Active and authorized to practice law." However, the "Last Year Registered" field is still empty even though I submitted the registration on 11/15.
Same here. Guess we're good to go. I think the date thing is probably just because we're new admits, so the "last year registered" is never.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:40 pm

MT Cicero wrote:
artorres wrote:
BlendedUnicorn wrote:
MT Cicero wrote:
Also same.

Same here. Guess we're good to go. I think the date thing is probably just because we're new admits, so the "last year registered" is never.
Where are you folks seeing this info?
I still have not received my bar card and when I search for myself through the ARDC website the only thing that appears is an older pro hac vice admission.

Thanks in advance

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”