Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

User avatar
Asroma
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Asroma » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:33 pm

hipcatdaddio wrote:Passed NC with Kaplan...so if that offers any encouragement to anybody. NC doesn't release your score if you passed, so I can't be of any actual help except to drop by with a hopeful word. Y'all did great.

Congratulations! Being paranoid here, but do you remember your Kaplan's scores? Thanks!

User avatar
hipcatdaddio
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby hipcatdaddio » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:19 pm

Asroma wrote:
hipcatdaddio wrote:Passed NC with Kaplan...so if that offers any encouragement to anybody. NC doesn't release your score if you passed, so I can't be of any actual help except to drop by with a hopeful word. Y'all did great.

Congratulations! Being paranoid here, but do you remember your Kaplan's scores? Thanks!


Thanks! Yeah, on the diagnostic I got a raw score of exactly 50%. On the mid-term I got 62%. On the Final I got 68%. I practiced some more and got my 50 question practice sets to around the 71-72% by day of exam. I had steady improvement which was nice, but my friend had scores that were all over the board (78% on the midterm, 64% on the final) and she passed.

User avatar
Yugihoe
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Yugihoe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:50 pm

Damage Over Time wrote:
Yugihoe wrote:
Damage Over Time wrote:
Yugihoe wrote:Do we have to send our books back? I don't recall paying a deposit.


I never sent mine back and never got any sort of follow up email about it (july 2016 taker)


Does that mean we can sell it, or nah?


I don't remember reading anything about not being able to sell it, but you should probably check


Thanks, I checked and I see no restrictions for the psychical material (we just forfeit our deposit).
I'm going to sell mine since they are completely unused/unmarked.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2394
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Nonconsecutive » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:46 am

Since I was curious as well (and not as industrious as Yugihoe to do research) I asked a friend who was one of the Kaplan student reps. Per them there is zero restraint on reselling the books beyond losing your deposit.

I mean obviously don't copy them and sell multiple copies, :lol: , but you can sell the set you have without worry.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2394
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:24 am

Does anyone know if you can view your Kaplan quiz/test scores after the course is over? I've had a couple of people ask me what my diagnostics, etc. were in relationship to bar results and I wasn't sure if it was even possible to see your scores anymore.

User avatar
hipcatdaddio
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby hipcatdaddio » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:23 am

Nonconsecutive wrote:Does anyone know if you can view your Kaplan quiz/test scores after the course is over? I've had a couple of people ask me what my diagnostics, etc. were in relationship to bar results and I wasn't sure if it was even possible to see your scores anymore.


I can't access anything except the payment history for my course. It says that the course expired on 7/27/17.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2394
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:53 am

hipcatdaddio wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Does anyone know if you can view your Kaplan quiz/test scores after the course is over? I've had a couple of people ask me what my diagnostics, etc. were in relationship to bar results and I wasn't sure if it was even possible to see your scores anymore.


I can't access anything except the payment history for my course. It says that the course expired on 7/27/17.


Thanks, looks like we're in the same boat. Not a big deal, but figured I'd ask!

User avatar
dans1006
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby dans1006 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Any Kaplan folks who have received their results who would like to share their final practice MBE score vs their scaled actual score (for those jurisdictions that report)?

It appears to be a really big jump from last practice to actual MBE for the folks in the Barbri thread and the Themis thread. I'm just wondering how Kaplan stands up.

Thanks!

unlvcrjchick
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby unlvcrjchick » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:33 pm

dans1006 wrote:Any Kaplan folks who have received their results who would like to share their final practice MBE score vs their scaled actual score (for those jurisdictions that report)?

It appears to be a really big jump from last practice to actual MBE for the folks in the Barbri thread and the Themis thread. I'm just wondering how Kaplan stands up.

Thanks!


I received a 130 on the Kaplan practice MBE and a scaled 156.3 on the actual MBE for Utah. Coincidentally, this score is almost identical to my first MBE 9 years ago for NV, which was a 156.6, and then I used BarBri. So I think both courses are comparable in terms of preparing one for the bar, or at least on the MBE. But I say for the entire bar exam because I passed both on my first attempt.

User avatar
dans1006
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby dans1006 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:45 am

unlvcrjchick wrote:
dans1006 wrote:Any Kaplan folks who have received their results who would like to share their final practice MBE score vs their scaled actual score (for those jurisdictions that report)?

It appears to be a really big jump from last practice to actual MBE for the folks in the Barbri thread and the Themis thread. I'm just wondering how Kaplan stands up.

Thanks!


I received a 130 on the Kaplan practice MBE and a scaled 156.3 on the actual MBE for Utah. Coincidentally, this score is almost identical to my first MBE 9 years ago for NV, which was a 156.6, and then I used BarBri. So I think both courses are comparable in terms of preparing one for the bar, or at least on the MBE. But I say for the entire bar exam because I passed both on my first attempt.


This is really great to hear. I swapped focus during the last couple of weeks to work on the Essay portion of the test and by the time I did my final MBE practice, my score slipped back to a 121. Luckily, I'm in a state where I only need a scaled score of 132, so gauging the bump from final practice MBE to scaled score, I'm thinking I'm in the clear. But that's just baseless speculation.

We'll see at some point during the next two weeks.

Thanks for posting.

unlvcrjchick
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby unlvcrjchick » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:40 pm

dans1006 wrote:
unlvcrjchick wrote:
dans1006 wrote:Any Kaplan folks who have received their results who would like to share their final practice MBE score vs their scaled actual score (for those jurisdictions that report)?

It appears to be a really big jump from last practice to actual MBE for the folks in the Barbri thread and the Themis thread. I'm just wondering how Kaplan stands up.

Thanks!


I received a 130 on the Kaplan practice MBE and a scaled 156.3 on the actual MBE for Utah. Coincidentally, this score is almost identical to my first MBE 9 years ago for NV, which was a 156.6, and then I used BarBri. So I think both courses are comparable in terms of preparing one for the bar, or at least on the MBE. But I say for the entire bar exam because I passed both on my first attempt.


This is really great to hear. I swapped focus during the last couple of weeks to work on the Essay portion of the test and by the time I did my final MBE practice, my score slipped back to a 121. Luckily, I'm in a state where I only need a scaled score of 132, so gauging the bump from final practice MBE to scaled score, I'm thinking I'm in the clear. But that's just baseless speculation.

We'll see at some point during the next two weeks.

Thanks for posting.


No problem, and I don't think it's baseless speculation. Everyone I knew who took the bar exam has had his or her scores significantly increase on the real thing, so I'm sure that will prove to be the case with you, too. The wait really is the hardest part.

Good luck to you!




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kohawks and 6 guests