Toxic situation at home, considering airbnb or sublease for bar exam prep

gladiator0flaw11

Toxic situation at home, considering airbnb or sublease for bar exam prep

Postby gladiator0flaw11 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Failed multiple times and commute from an outter borough of New York City. I think my living environment is preventing me from focusing as my resentful toxic siblings see that I'm almost on my feet and have a law firm in NYC that I was a 1L SA at willing to take me back if I pass. I'm ADHD with depression and I think the antidepressant actually dumbed me down and I'm doing worse rather than better. Every time I try to come off I battle withdrawals and they laugh and aren't supportive at all. My Mother finally started telling me to do what I have to do. My 4 year relationship with a beautiful woman failed because of the mistreatment and toxic bs here with them.

I already took out my law school bar loan and Sallie Mae bar loan when I failed and not sure if there is a better lender for personal loan than PenFed (only took out 3k so far). I have to finish the job here and knowing there is a position waiting, I'll probably sit for Florida afterwards when I'm on my feet here. Has anyone used Airbnb or subleases for bar exam prep? dml

dredd16

Re: Toxic situation at home, considering airbnb or sublease for bar exam prep

Postby dredd16 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:09 pm

If you can afford to take out a loan and live away from how while bar prepping, sure. Go ahead and do that. But honestly for NYC prices, I'd just drive off to some remote part of New York and get an airbnb there. Be alone with my thoughts. Completely obsess over the specific solutions necessary to address the problems that you had with the bar exam.

Ideally, you'd just set up shop in Albany or Buffalo where the bar is administered. Get used to the city where you'll be taking the bar exam. Driving past the testing center once a week and visualizing the actual test date. Not that I myself have done this, but this is just an idea. Familiarity with your surroundings might make you more comfortable come test day.

kellyfrost

Postby kellyfrost » Sun May 14, 2017 6:49 pm

I agree with the poster above. Do this but get out of NYC.

Npret

Postby Npret » Sun May 14, 2017 6:55 pm

dredd16 wrote:If you can afford to take out a loan and live away from how while bar prepping, sure. Go ahead and do that. But honestly for NYC prices, I'd just drive off to some remote part of New York and get an airbnb there. Be alone with my thoughts. Completely obsess over the specific solutions necessary to address the problems that you had with the bar exam.

Ideally, you'd just set up shop in Albany or Buffalo where the bar is administered. Get used to the city where you'll be taking the bar exam. Driving past the testing center once a week and visualizing the actual test date. Not that I myself have done this, but this is just an idea. Familiarity with your surroundings might make you more comfortable come test day.

I'm not sure OP should go as far away as Albany or Buffalo. It sounds like OP needs to be able to see doctors and other people in the city. I'm wondering too if it's a good idea for OP to move where they don't know anyone if they have depression.

Maybe don't go so far or go somewhere you have other friends to at least be around. Don't stay at home if you know it's a bad situation. You need to pass and move on with your life.

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Gladiator didn't you pass the NY bar this past feb? I remember you from the NY thread...
Last edited by cnk1220 on Sun May 14, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dredd16

Postby dredd16 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Npret wrote:
dredd16 wrote:If you can afford to take out a loan and live away from how while bar prepping, sure. Go ahead and do that. But honestly for NYC prices, I'd just drive off to some remote part of New York and get an airbnb there. Be alone with my thoughts. Completely obsess over the specific solutions necessary to address the problems that you had with the bar exam.

I'm not sure OP should go as far away as Albany or Buffalo. It sounds like OP needs to be able to see doctors and other people in the city. I'm wondering too if it's a good idea for OP to move where they don't know anyone if they have depression.

Maybe don't go so far or go somewhere you have other friends to at least be around. Don't stay at home if you know it's a bad situation. You need to pass and move on with your life.

You do have a point. OP, I don't know your complete circumstances or your mindset or your relationships with people around you.

Let me clarify my comments and say that I don't the same medical setbacks that OP has. But when I failed the bar, I was completely embarrassed and depressed. I didn't even want to talk to anyone. As I started my bar process, I barely talked to anyone at home and my family understood that they had to leave me alone. I only hung out with friends in person twice (watched Rogue One and went to a low key NYE party). I only talked to my closest friends (less than 6) via text and even then my communications with them were only once a week) and my private tutor (4 times during the course of bar prep). This more-or-less self imposed loneliness might be extreme for some people. But I'm an introverted person by default and so I was fine with it. I made the bar process a very lonely process like the warrior in movies who climbs the mountain alone and at the top only trains and meditates alone. But I knew that I had a ton of people rooting for me and that was a comforting feeling for me. It also helps to be talking to people on online forums like TLS.

batmanandbaybreezes

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Sun May 14, 2017 7:15 pm

cnk1220 wrote:Gladiator didn't you pass the NY bar this past feb?

Gladiator WTF, you posted that you passed on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:32 pm. Check your own post history.

Come on guys, wtf.

Martin Brody

Postby Martin Brody » Sun May 14, 2017 7:43 pm

Ooo this just got interesting.

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:00 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:Image

Batman with the citation! Id at ___. lol

batmanandbaybreezes

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Sun May 14, 2017 8:09 pm

cnk1220 wrote:

Id. at Pathological Liars Can Fuck Off

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:19 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

I'm invested in tls again. This just got super interesting.

CPAn00b

Postby CPAn00b » Sun May 14, 2017 8:24 pm

^damn. Cold blooded.

But OP, I would move out of NYC and someplace cheap.

batmanandbaybreezes

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Sun May 14, 2017 8:27 pm

CPAn00b wrote:^damn. Cold blooded.

Why are you responding to his post like anything he says is real?

CPAn00b

Postby CPAn00b » Sun May 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Dude, he probably failed and was embarrassed about it, idk? Sounds like he already has some mental health issues to deal with, but I hope the best for him.

batmanandbaybreezes

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Sun May 14, 2017 8:36 pm

CPAn00b wrote:

Dude, he probably failed and was embarrassed about it, idk? Sounds like he already has some mental health issues to deal with, but I hope the best for him.

Maybe, but this is not the first time he's posted about this, or lied about things.

CNK wasn't there already drama about him opening up the results the first time.

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:42 pm

CPAn00b wrote:

Maybe, but this is not the first time he's posted about this, or lied about things.

CNK wasn't there already drama about him opening up the results the first time.

I could understand being embarrassed about failing and I 100% sympathize with mental health issues but he said he passed after he had others lookup his name by his initials and stated he was Anthony C. (Name was on the pass list, happyhour looked it up if you care to check out the NY bar thread)- Idk about you but I wouldn't want someone claiming they are me online and passed the bar, that's all- other than that, I absolutely wish him the best and I didn't mean to start anything by this but I came across this thread and was genuinely confused because I recognized the username from the group of Feb NY passers from when our thread was super active.

jchiles

Postby jchiles » Sun May 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Dude how many times are you going to start a thread like this

guyindfw

Postby guyindfw » Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 am

Get a therapist and talk to friends you trust. Change your ID and join TLS again.

Good luck.

maxmartin

Postby maxmartin » Mon May 15, 2017 10:46 am

cnk1220 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

Is Trump trolling in this forum?

texas2dclawchick

Postby texas2dclawchick » Mon May 15, 2017 3:09 pm

FAKE NEWS

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:28 pm

maxmartin wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

Is Trump trolling in this forum?

Not sure who you're calling a troll...we were just exposing the truth. If you took the time to look into the matter before blindly replying you'd have picked up on that. Other people on this thread have noted the duplicate/inconsistent posts from this person.
TLS has always been a super supportive environment for bar prep/waiting results/advice but no one has the patience for this.
Last edited by cnk1220 on Mon May 15, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batmanandbaybreezes

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon May 15, 2017 3:31 pm

I'm a troll for calling out someone who has made multiple posts telling a similar, but inconsistent story, and has claimed to both have failed and passed the February bar? Seriously?

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:32 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:I'm a troll for calling out someone who has made multiple posts telling a similar, but inconsistent story, and has claimed to both have failed and passed the February bar? Seriously?

AMEN.

Kalani111

Postby Kalani111 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:34 pm

This post made my day :D

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”