PA Bar Exam - July 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
HoneyPot

New

Re: PA Bar Exam - July 2017

Post by HoneyPot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:20 am

3 hours. Dying at work. Can't focus to the point of seriously contemplating taking the rest of the day off after lunch.

402jk

New

Post by 402jk » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 am

HoneyPot wrote:3 hours. Dying at work. Can't focus to the point of seriously contemplating taking the rest of the day off after lunch.
You're not alone! I am leaving at lunch for the day. There is no way I could find out, good or bad, at work!

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:40 am

I was surprised they said results will be posted after 1 P.M. I think that it's usually after 4 P.M. Plus I figured they'd want to be on their way out of the office for the holiday weekend when the results go live lol.

craftyboat

New

Post by craftyboat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:55 am

This is horrible.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:36 am

Will we find out by refreshing this page?
http://www.pabarexam.org/pdf/release.pdf

Or will the list be posted elsewhere?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bartaker75

New

Post by Bartaker75 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:41 am

http://www.pabarexam.org/bar_exam_infor ... esults.htm

This is the link I'm planning to follow, but I'm not sure either.

OnTheRise

New

Post by OnTheRise » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:46 pm

The list will be posted on the PA Bar exam website. It will not be posted elsewhere. Good luck everyone.

HoneyPot

New

Post by HoneyPot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Congrats to everyone that passed!!!
I'm so happy for you guys :)

I failed again (third time). I think I'm done. Any suggestions for alternative career options/ JD-preferred routes?

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:30 pm

HoneyPot wrote:Congrats to everyone that passed!!!

I failed again (third time). I think I'm done. Any suggestions for alternative career options/ JD-preferred routes?
Go to a much easier UBE state, if you don't mind moving or you don't do state law

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bartaker75

New

Post by Bartaker75 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Yeah my plan was to take NJ if I failed.

Part of me a still a little paranoid that the name on that list is someone else with the same name as mine. Anyone know what they do in cases like that?

Bimmerfan

New

Post by Bimmerfan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Bartaker75 wrote:Yeah my plan was to take NJ if I failed.

Part of me a still a little paranoid that the name on that list is someone else with the same name as mine. Anyone know what they do in cases like that?
They probably would've asked for a middle initial or middle name. i think you're okay.

Bimmerfan

New

Post by Bimmerfan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:28 pm

HoneyPot wrote:Congrats to everyone that passed!!!

i would definitely look into management consulting firms like Accenture, Deloitte, etc., or Big 4 like PWC or E&Y.

ACDC- good news?

accountant

New

Post by accountant » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Failed. For future reference, the C&F committee reached out to me throughout the process (for missing items and information).

Planning to retake in February.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

js101149

New

Post by js101149 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:06 pm

accountant wrote:Failed. For future reference, the C&F committee reached out to me throughout the process (for missing items and information).

Planning to retake in February.
You'll get it in Feb. You'll know what to expect, and won't have the nerves that surely affected you this time around.

Not sure if you saw the question about C&F that I posted earlier in the week, but I passed, and still haven't heard anything from C&F. Because of what I disclosed, I certainly expected to hear from them at some point. To me, it seems like they contact between exam and results release solely for "missing" information, and (I assume) will conduct/complete the full investigation now that they know who passed.

Just throwing my unsolicited two cents out there on this topic...

Again, good luck in Feb. Obviously, by getting to this point, you know you're capable of passing. Don't psych yourself out.

Ijustpassedthepabar

New

Post by Ijustpassedthepabar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:31 am

Hey all,

I’m happy to report I passed on my first try coming from a different jurisdiction. I am also selling the Themis books I used for the July 2017 PA bar exam. Most of them have no markings whatsoever and look like new. The only one with pencil markings is the one you use for filling in lectures. PM me for more details, pickup available outside of philly

Statu$studios

New

Post by Statu$studios » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:38 am

Hey. Odd question. Does anyone know if the examiners release the names of examinees whose answers the examiners used to create the sample answer? I’m probably crazy, but one of the samples seems very familiar to me.

Bimmerfan

New

Post by Bimmerfan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:57 am

Statu$studios wrote:Hey. Odd question. Does anyone know if the examiners release the names of examinees whose answers the examiners used to create the sample answer? I’m probably crazy, but one of the samples seems very familiar to me.
Nope

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LandEsquire

New

Post by LandEsquire » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:57 pm

Did anyone receive their scores in the mail yet? Also, how does the swearing in work? Can we have a notary do it or does it have to be a judge in PA?

Bimmerfan

New

Post by Bimmerfan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 am

LandEsquire wrote:Did anyone receive their scores in the mail yet? Also, how does the swearing in work? Can we have a notary do it or does it have to be a judge in PA?
Most likely will be in today's mail since yesterday was a postal holiday.

Not sure how the swearing in works, but I didn't think it was required. I thought all we needed to do was submit the application to Pittsburgh, and possibly have an attorney in good standing sign something?

OnTheRise

New

Post by OnTheRise » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:57 pm

Bimmerfan wrote:
LandEsquire wrote:Did anyone receive their scores in the mail yet? Also, how does the swearing in work? Can we have a notary do it or does it have to be a judge in PA?

Not sure how the swearing in works, but I didn't think it was required. I thought all we needed to do was submit the application to Pittsburgh, and possibly have an attorney in good standing sign something?
Swearing in is not required in PA. When you receive your packet in the mail you will be given a form to fill out if you want to do the swearing in ceremonies. Regardless all you have to do is fill out the paperwork you receive and have a lawyer nominate you for acceptance into the bar and you will then receive your license in the mail shortly after.

LandEsquire

New

Post by LandEsquire » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:05 pm

OnTheRise wrote:
Bimmerfan wrote:

Swearing in is not required in PA. When you receive your packet in the mail you will be given a form to fill out if you want to do the swearing in ceremonies. Regardless all you have to do is fill out the paperwork you receive and have a lawyer nominate you for acceptance into the bar and you will then receive your license in the mail shortly after.
Thank you! Do you happen to know if it has to be a PA attorney? I am in Florida, but I certainly can send it to a PA attorney to sign if need be.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OnTheRise

New

Post by OnTheRise » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 pm

LandEsquire wrote:
OnTheRise wrote:
Bimmerfan wrote:

Thank you! Do you happen to know if it has to be a PA attorney? I am in Florida, but I certainly can send it to a PA attorney to sign if need be.
My understanding was that it had to be a PA licensed attorney

402jk

New

Post by 402jk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Did everyone receive their results in the mail? I have friends, both local to my area, elsewhere in PA, and out-of-state who have received theirs, but I did not receive mine yet.

LandEsquire

New

Post by LandEsquire » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:54 pm

402jk wrote:Did everyone receive their results in the mail? I have friends, both local to my area, elsewhere in PA, and out-of-state who have received theirs, but I did not receive mine yet.
I did not receive mine yet. I am in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Bartaker75

New

Post by Bartaker75 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:35 pm

I got mine and mailed out the application this morning. How long after you mail it out should you expect your certification?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”