Michigan February 2017

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
theyellowking

New

Michigan February 2017

Postby theyellowking » Thu May 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Results came out earlier this week on the 9th by seat number, and most people received their official results in the mail today. Based on a rough estimate of the seat number count it looks like a 47% passage rate or so?! That's around a 20% drop from what it's been...so much for their change in scoring in 2014 to make things uniform. Unless that math is wrong?

I was a December grad and fortunately I passed and don't have to deal with this again, but I feel terrible for everyone that didn't pass - if 47% is accurate, the BLE must have lost their marbles

dehaven

New

Re: Michigan February 2017

Postby dehaven » Fri May 12, 2017 11:18 am

theyellowking wrote:Results came out earlier this week on the 9th by seat number, and most people received their official results in the mail today. Based on a rough estimate of the seat number count it looks like a 47% passage rate or so?! That's around a 20% drop from what it's been...so much for their change in scoring in 2014 to make things uniform. Unless that math is wrong?

I was a December grad and fortunately I passed and don't have to deal with this again, but I feel terrible for everyone that didn't pass - if 47% is accurate, the BLE must have lost their marbles

F2017 MBE was apparently the lowest in history; perhaps that had an effect?

maxmartin

Silver

Re: Michigan February 2017

Postby maxmartin » Fri May 12, 2017 11:24 am

theyellowking wrote:Results came out earlier this week on the 9th by seat number, and most people received their official results in the mail today. Based on a rough estimate of the seat number count it looks like a 47% passage rate or so?! That's around a 20% drop from what it's been...so much for their change in scoring in 2014 to make things uniform. Unless that math is wrong?

Sounds about right. Most states in this Feb edition are hovering around 50% pass rate.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�