Bar Prep while working Full Time Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
SEC_Law

New

Bar Prep while working Full Time

Post by SEC_Law » Wed May 10, 2017 6:43 pm

Any advice for attorneys who are taking their second bar exam and are still working full time? Putting in the grind the summer after graduation is not that difficult. Bar Prep becomes your full time job. However, I am a practicing attorney who is only one year removed from law school. I will be taking my second bar exam in July and it just happens to be Louisiana, so there is no MBE but the downside is, it's civil law.

Any advice from those who found what works for Bar Prep while working full time would be appreciated.

JDEsq2017

New

Re: Bar Prep while working Full Time

Post by JDEsq2017 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:53 pm

SEC_Law wrote:Any advice for attorneys who are taking their second bar exam and are still working full time? Putting in the grind the summer after graduation is not that difficult. Bar Prep becomes your full time job. However, I am a practicing attorney who is only one year removed from law school. I will be taking my second bar exam in July and it just happens to be Louisiana, so there is no MBE but the downside is, it's civil law.

Any advice from those who found what works for Bar Prep while working full time would be appreciated.
I worked part-time (20 hours) for an insurance defense law Office while studying for the NY Bar in Feb 2017. I found it actually helps with studying as it breaks it. I left at 1 each day and studied from 3-9 each day and I passed pretty easily. Should be nothing to worry about as long as you make the time, quality time.

SEC_Law

New

Re: Bar Prep while working Full Time

Post by SEC_Law » Fri May 12, 2017 2:04 pm

JDEsq2017 wrote:
SEC_Law wrote:Any advice for attorneys who are taking their second bar exam and are still working full time? Putting in the grind the summer after graduation is not that difficult. Bar Prep becomes your full time job. However, I am a practicing attorney who is only one year removed from law school. I will be taking my second bar exam in July and it just happens to be Louisiana, so there is no MBE but the downside is, it's civil law.

I worked part-time (20 hours) for an Insurance Defense Law Office while studying for the NY Bar in Feb 2017. I found it actually helps with studying as it breaks it. I left at 1 each day and studied from 3-9 each day and I passed pretty easily. Should be nothing to worry about as long as you make the time, quality time.
Trust me I know it's going to take time, I am somewhat relieved there is no MBE and Louisiana is all essay. My fear really involves being able to adequately learn LA law since it is so different.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”