HOW TO IMPROVE MPT SCORE? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ashleymdbartaker

New

HOW TO IMPROVE MPT SCORE?

Post by ashleymdbartaker » Mon May 08, 2017 9:24 pm

i struggle with the MPT does anybody have any advice as to how to get better? Any study aids or materials you may have used?

Leprechaun

Bronze

Re: HOW TO IMPROVE MPT SCORE?

Post by Leprechaun » Mon May 08, 2017 9:56 pm

What kind of problem are you having with MPT's?

Are you unable to produce the deliverable in 90 minutes? Do you not use the relevant facts? Do you have problems getting to all the issues? Spending too much time reading? Indecisive on what direction to go? Do you try to bring in extraneous knowledge into a closed universe task?

I don't have tips but someone else might if you can narrow the scope of the question.

Good luck to you, I hope someone can help you.

Bluem_11

Bronze

Re: HOW TO IMPROVE MPT SCORE?

Post by Bluem_11 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:39 pm

The MPT is a pain b/c you can't 'study' the material for it, yet it's worth so much. But you can game plan it.

My best advice I can give. The MPT, while designed as a fact pattern you'll get in everyday practice, is not. It's a puzzle, a puzzle designed by folks to see if you can put the pieces together.

Every single case's holding (including cases they cite) will be relevant and there will be facts in your case that are relevant to the holdings. Nearly every piece of every statute given is relevant.

Once you see how the cases and the statutes tie to the facts, then you need to put the puzzle together. What's the top piece (i.e. the main rule)? What are the factors (sub-rules)? Is there an exception? You need to flow through this analysis and structure it CLEARLY. Clear structure/writing is essential to getting points. If you have time I would highly recommend a intro paragraph summarizing your analysis.

My bar prep company told me to read 45/write 45. I thought that was BS. Reading should be 30 minutes tops and rest going into your set-up and analysis which is where all them juicy points are. You don't need to know every fact from the cases, just the relevant facts that tie to the holdings. I skipped to the holdings/analysis and backpedaled to the facts to get through it quicker.
Last edited by Bluem_11 on Wed May 10, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”