Barbri Lecture Materials Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
zuckera1

New

Barbri Lecture Materials

Post by zuckera1 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:16 am

Hi everyone, I opened up my Personal Study Plan on Barbri's website for the first time today and had a few questions . . .
- do you have to go to the live locations for these lectures? Or can you study all online?
- all of the lectures appear to have been posted, is there any benefit in starting to go through them early? I've read that lectures will be "broadcast
live" from certain locations but I assume the ones already posted are the same as ones they will broadcast live on the day they're scheduled. Is this
true?

Thanks for the help and your time!

cnk1220

Silver

Re: Barbri Lecture Materials

Post by cnk1220 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:38 pm

zuckera1 wrote:Hi everyone, I opened up my Personal Study Plan on Barbri's website for the first time today and had a few questions . . .
- do you have to go to the live locations for these lectures? Or can you study all online?
- all of the lectures appear to have been posted, is there any benefit in starting to go through them early? I've read that lectures will be "broadcast
live" from certain locations but I assume the ones already posted are the same as ones they will broadcast live on the day they're scheduled. Is this
true?

You can watch the lectures from your computer, in any order.

This is just my 2 cents on the lectures as someone who bought barbri and didn't end up watching a single lecture from the advice on this forum...

As far as watching lectures- honestly if you are an audio learner watch the lecutres- if not, they are truly a waste of time and the reason barbri charges soooo much is because they're paying people to stand at a podium.

You learn the material not by listening but by doing practice mbe Qs and going through past essays. You may know the law like obviously you know duty, breach, causation, harm from 1L year but you need to be able to pick the best answer which means learning how to eliminate the wrong ones.

You realize this by doing a ton of mbes over and over, aim for 2500-3000 before exam day.

Hope this helps even though it was a little more info than you asked for lol.

zuckera1

New

Re: Barbri Lecture Materials

Post by zuckera1 » Mon May 08, 2017 1:57 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
zuckera1 wrote:Hi everyone, I opened up my Personal Study Plan on Barbri's website for the first time today and had a few questions . . .
true?

You can watch the lectures from your computer, in any order.

This is just my 2 cents on the lectures as someone who bought barbri and didn't end up watching a single lecture from the advice on this forum...

As far as watching lectures- honestly if you are an audio learner watch the lecutres- if not, they are truly a waste of time and the reason barbri charges soooo much is because they're paying people to stand at a podium.

You learn the material not by listening but by doing practice mbe Qs and going through past essays. You may know the law like obviously you know duty, breach, causation, harm from 1L year but you need to be able to pick the best answer which means learning how to eliminate the wrong ones.

You realize this by doing a ton of mbes over and over, aim for 2500-3000 before exam day.

Hope this helps even though it was a little more info than you asked for lol.
Thanks for the info!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”