UBE/MEE Predictions?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
tsmith88

New

UBE/MEE Predictions?

Postby tsmith88 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:41 pm

Hey guys!

I'm taking the UBE this July. Wondering if anyone has any predictions as to what is most likely going to be tested on the essay portions. I've compiled a lot of data from old exams and other sources I've found online and put it all in a neat excel document (I have a background in information systems and decision sciences :lol:). I'm happy to share my findings with anyone who might be interested. PM me and I'll send it over!

Cheers!

guyindfw

New

Re: UBE/MEE Predictions?

Postby guyindfw » Sat May 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Studicata, Seperaca, have outlines and prep material build around this. Did you look at them?

ndp1234

Bronze

Postby ndp1234 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:30 am

I've noticed that since NY adopted the UBE (this past July and February exams), the topics have been really wonky and have not followed previous/trends or frequency (such as testing multiple MBE topics in one essay, and less popular topics with higher frequency).

So those past trends may not be too useful. Also, I passed with a mediocre MBE score (148 I think) and leaving one whole MEE question blank so I would stress the MBE more than anything else.

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:36 am

tsmith88 wrote:Hey guys!

I'm taking the UBE this July. Wondering if anyone has any predictions as to what is most likely going to be tested on the essay portions. I've compiled a lot of data from old exams and other sources I've found online and put it all in a neat excel document (I have a background in information systems and decision sciences :lol:). I'm happy to share my findings with anyone who might be interested. PM me and I'll send it over!

Cheers!

Check our efficient bar prep and excellence in law schools's websites. They do predictions as well.

guyindfw

New

Postby guyindfw » Sun May 07, 2017 6:44 pm

I am planning to buy seperac, Studicata and leansheets. If anyone wants to pool together, please PM me.

tsmith88

New

Postby tsmith88 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Thanks for the input guys! I'm going to be working full time while I study, so I need to be really efficient with my time. I've found a lot of supplements I think are are going to help condense it down for me to make this possible here on the forums. Also, I found http://www.BarNumbers.com if anyone is interested. It has some free reports that forecast what issues are most likely to be tested. Seems to be mostly consistent with my original findings. For now, I'm gonna focus my study time on these issues.

Cheers! Thanks for all the PMs and advice guys, I really appreciate it.

Bluem_11

Bronze

Postby Bluem_11 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 pm

I think being efficient (knowing your weaknesses, knowing most often/important tested areas of law) is a great strategy, however I think betting on predictions/projections is a bad idea. I've seen no evidence these projections are reliable. I.e., a reliable statistical test showing a projection with knowledge at the time was more accurate than random guesses. In my research, it often just ends up being people hypothesizing. The NCBE's goal is to test your knowledge of law, not to see if you can identify patterns of what hasn't been tested in 2 years.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�