Barmax and other self study

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum

New

Barmax and other self study

Postby avatarz » Thu May 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Does anyone have experience using them for the Bar (UBE particularly). I'm looking for cheaper options than Themis/Kaplan.

I'm also open to other full self study programs if you have any other suggestions - the main links are fairly old.

thanks!

cnk1220

Silver

Re: Barmax and other self study

Postby cnk1220 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:51 pm

avatarz wrote:Does anyone have experience using them for the Bar (UBE particularly). I'm looking for cheaper options than Themis/Kaplan.

I'm also open to other full self study programs if you have any other suggestions - the main links are fairly old.

thanks!

Well I'm selling the remaining 2 of my barbri books- i used them for the UBE and basically did self study as I didnt follow barbri's program. One is the big mbe book, the other the fill in the blank handout book that pertains to the lectures (didn't use either) but they're both decent options for learning black letter law material and both are new. I supplemented my self study with adaptibar Qs. Regardless if you're doing self study it's important to do a lot of mbe Qs! Feel free to pm me if interested.

maxmartin

Silver

Re: Barmax and other self study

Postby maxmartin » Fri May 05, 2017 11:38 am

avatarz wrote:Does anyone have experience using them for the Bar (UBE particularly). I'm looking for cheaper options than Themis/Kaplan.

thanks!

I did self study. Bought Emanuel book, Kaplan 2014 MEE outline. Passed without problems. My advice is don't invest too much time on MEE. I only outlined 3 years previous MEE questions that are free on NCBE website. If any those official answers confuse me, I will go back to Kaplan outline to figure it out.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�