NYLC PDF

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Elleonleo

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby Elleonleo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Hey Everyone,

Would someone else mind uploading another copy?
Thanks?

Thecharmishere

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby Thecharmishere » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:40 pm

[quote="Elleonleo"]Hey Everyone,

Would someone else mind uploading another copy?
Thanks?[/quote

Pm me your email, I will email it to you.

Nicolena.

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby Nicolena. » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:33 am

Thecharmishere wrote:
Elleonleo wrote:Hey Everyone,

Would someone else mind uploading another copy?
Thanks?[/quote

Pm me your email, I will email it to you.


It's been a while since I've used TLS. For some reason I cannot seem to find a way to PM you. I am also interested in the PDF if you're willing to send me a copy as well. Thanks!

Elleonleo

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby Elleonleo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Hey Thecharmishere,

Thanks so much! Unfortunately, I've got the same issue as Nicolena--might be disabled on your profile for some reason.

BetchPlease

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:14 am

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby BetchPlease » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:22 am

I realized last night that the visually impaired large print materials are still searchable. Good luck.

M_Law

New
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:24 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby M_Law » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
Thecharmishere wrote:
Elleonleo wrote:Hey Everyone,

Would someone else mind uploading another copy?
Thanks?[/quote

Pm me your email, I will email it to you.


It's been a while since I've used TLS. For some reason I cannot seem to find a way to PM you. I am also interested in the PDF if you're willing to send me a copy as well. Thanks!


I too was looking to get a searchable PDF version to no avail, but can't seem to send a PM on this anymore. Anyone willing to help? Thanks!

b290

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby b290 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:15 pm

CHiCUbbyBear wrote:I am also in need of one of the old searchable PDFs if anyone still has one. It would be greatly appreciated. This is a ridiculous development!
Mr. Blackacre wrote:http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=93960810454105643999

Not sure how many downloads can be made. Help yourselves - let me know if it doesn't work.
M_Law wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
Thecharmishere wrote:
Elleonleo wrote:Hey Everyone,

Would someone else mind uploading another copy?
Thanks?[/quote

Pm me your email, I will email it to you.


It's been a while since I've used TLS. For some reason I cannot seem to find a way to PM you. I am also interested in the PDF if you're willing to send me a copy as well. Thanks!


I too was looking to get a searchable PDF version to no avail, but can't seem to send a PM on this anymore. Anyone willing to help? Thanks!


I kept mine from when I took it (2016, 1st ed.) - The main difference between that and the current one (other than searchability) is that the BOLE added...a map. No major changes to the law either because of a proposed constitutional overhaul - the subject content’s the same.

I’ll mirror if necessary. Feel free to PM me, but don’t expect a response until March 3 (thanks to a BOLE-inspired “vacation” :lol: )

My $.02

studying4bar

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby studying4bar » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 pm

b290 wrote:
CHiCUbbyBear wrote:I am also in need of one of the old searchable PDFs if anyone still has one. It would be greatly appreciated. This is a ridiculous development!
Mr. Blackacre wrote:http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=93960810454105643999

Not sure how many downloads can be made. Help yourselves - let me know if it doesn't work.
M_Law wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
Thecharmishere wrote:
Elleonleo wrote:Hey Everyone,

Would someone else mind uploading another copy?
Thanks?[/quote

Pm me your email, I will email it to you.


It's been a while since I've used TLS. For some reason I cannot seem to find a way to PM you. I am also interested in the PDF if you're willing to send me a copy as well. Thanks!


I too was looking to get a searchable PDF version to no avail, but can't seem to send a PM on this anymore. Anyone willing to help? Thanks!


I kept mine from when I took it (2016, 1st ed.) - The main difference between that and the current one (other than searchability) is that the BOLE added...a map. No major changes to the law either because of a proposed constitutional overhaul - the subject content’s the same.

I’ll mirror if necessary. Feel free to PM me, but don’t expect a response until March 3 (thanks to a BOLE-inspired “vacation” :lol: )

My $.02



I already did the NYLE portion but I would just be cautious about trying to find ways to circumvent the process because of things like character and fitness and oversight generally. Will they have a way of telling? I doubt it. But they do have other rules in place which, if violated, can result in negative consequences for the examinee - it's been discussed in other contexts in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=262603&start=75 and I mean, I did not find it to be difficult and there is no need to race through or control f to get it done ASAP...it's 50 questions and open book.

b290

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby b290 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:41 pm

studying4bar wrote:
b290 wrote:
CHiCUbbyBear wrote:I am also in need of one of the old searchable PDFs if anyone still has one. It would be greatly appreciated. This is a ridiculous development!
Mr. Blackacre wrote:http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=93960810454105643999

Not sure how many downloads can be made. Help yourselves - let me know if it doesn't work.
M_Law wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
Thecharmishere wrote:
Elleonleo wrote:Hey Everyone,

Would someone else mind uploading another copy?
Thanks?[/quote

Pm me your email, I will email it to you.


It's been a while since I've used TLS. For some reason I cannot seem to find a way to PM you. I am also interested in the PDF if you're willing to send me a copy as well. Thanks!


I too was looking to get a searchable PDF version to no avail, but can't seem to send a PM on this anymore. Anyone willing to help? Thanks!


I kept mine from when I took it (2016, 1st ed.) - The main difference between that and the current one (other than searchability) is that the BOLE added...a map. No major changes to the law either because of a proposed constitutional overhaul - the subject content’s the same.

I’ll mirror if necessary. Feel free to PM me, but don’t expect a response until March 3 (thanks to a BOLE-inspired “vacation” :lol: )

My $.02



I already did the NYLE portion but I would just be cautious about trying to find ways to circumvent the process because of things like character and fitness and oversight generally. Will they have a way of telling? I doubt it. But they do have other rules in place which, if violated, can result in negative consequences for the examinee - it's been discussed in other contexts in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=262603&start=75 and I mean, I did not find it to be difficult and there is no need to race through or control f to get it done ASAP...it's 50 questions and open book.


The BOLE has no particular prohibition on using any other material. A discouragement from doing so doesn’t = a prohibition.

Also, anyone who uses previous versions technically uses them at his/her own risk. If there’s a change in the law, it’s the responsibility of the examinee to know. Also, all versions don’t have the answers to the questions. You still need to have the knowledge to answer the question.

Other than for time management, the older versions aren’t fundamentally different. The real difference between a “searchable” PDF and one that isn’t is of that between “ctrl+F” and scrolling up/down. That doesn’t reveal to you what the answers are. You still have the choice of how you want to take the test as well. You can just not use any material at all.

This isn’t like having someone there in the room to tell you the answers (which is a serious problem), nor is it a document that would do the same. After all, the BOLE released the document itself.

The BOLE can easily prohibit the use of older versions (like everything else it wants to forbid). Until then, the above applies.

My $.02

studying4bar

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby studying4bar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:49 pm

b290 wrote:
studying4bar wrote:
b290 wrote:
CHiCUbbyBear wrote:I am also in need of one of the old searchable PDFs if anyone still has one. It would be greatly appreciated. This is a ridiculous development!
Mr. Blackacre wrote:http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=93960810454105643999

Not sure how many downloads can be made. Help yourselves - let me know if it doesn't work.
M_Law wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
Thecharmishere wrote:
Elleonleo wrote:Hey Everyone,

Would someone else mind uploading another copy?
Thanks?[/quote

Pm me your email, I will email it to you.


It's been a while since I've used TLS. For some reason I cannot seem to find a way to PM you. I am also interested in the PDF if you're willing to send me a copy as well. Thanks!


I too was looking to get a searchable PDF version to no avail, but can't seem to send a PM on this anymore. Anyone willing to help? Thanks!


I kept mine from when I took it (2016, 1st ed.) - The main difference between that and the current one (other than searchability) is that the BOLE added...a map. No major changes to the law either because of a proposed constitutional overhaul - the subject content’s the same.

I’ll mirror if necessary. Feel free to PM me, but don’t expect a response until March 3 (thanks to a BOLE-inspired “vacation” :lol: )

My $.02



I already did the NYLE portion but I would just be cautious about trying to find ways to circumvent the process because of things like character and fitness and oversight generally. Will they have a way of telling? I doubt it. But they do have other rules in place which, if violated, can result in negative consequences for the examinee - it's been discussed in other contexts in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=262603&start=75 and I mean, I did not find it to be difficult and there is no need to race through or control f to get it done ASAP...it's 50 questions and open book.


The BOLE has no particular prohibition on using any other material. A discouragement from doing so doesn’t = a prohibition.

Also, anyone who uses previous versions technically uses them at his/her own risk. If there’s a change in the law, it’s the responsibility of the examinee to know. Also, all versions don’t have the answers to the questions. You still need to have the knowledge to answer the question.

Other than for time management, the older versions aren’t fundamentally different. The real difference between a “searchable” PDF and one that isn’t is of that between “ctrl+F” and scrolling up/down. That doesn’t reveal to you what the answers are. You still have the choice of how you want to take the test as well. You can just not use any material at all.

This isn’t like having someone there in the room to tell you the answers (which is a serious problem), nor is it a document that would do the same. After all, the BOLE released the document itself.

The BOLE can easily prohibit the use of older versions (like everything else it wants to forbid). Until then, the above applies.

My $.02


Idk, maybe. People that graduated before me said they control f'd and it was fast and they found everything they needed to know...And I never said it was prohibited. I was saying you should exercise caution when publicly searching for a searchable pdf because we don't know what ways they have of telling, if any, but the bar and NY have a lot of rules so it's conceivable there is one not known. I know that sounds crazy, but I didn't know the judicial rule where 2 no shows (no timely withdrawal), nonconsecutively, can result in permanent loss of status as a candidate to take it in New York - benefits of older friends.

b290

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby b290 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:45 pm

studying4bar wrote:Not sure Idk, maybe. People that graduated before me said they control f'd and it was fast and they found everything they needed to know...And I never said it was prohibited. I was saying you should exercise caution when publicly searching for a searchable pdf because we don't know what ways they have of telling, if any, but the bar and NY have a lot of rules so it's conceivable there is one not known. I know that sounds crazy, but I didn't know the judicial rule where 2 no shows (no timely withdrawal), nonconsecutively, can result in permanent loss of status as a candidate to take it in New York - benefits of older friends.


I see what you mean. Duly noted. :)

I didn’t know that either, but why would anything no show twice? Can you imagine if you did that to your clients? One thing with the rules, even the more asinine ones, when you think about them - the Jake sense. Some idiot before tried the BOLE’s patience and BOOM! - a new rule. It’s good to be cautious

My $.02

studying4bar

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby studying4bar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:12 am

b290 wrote:
studying4bar wrote:Not sure Idk, maybe. People that graduated before me said they control f'd and it was fast and they found everything they needed to know...And I never said it was prohibited. I was saying you should exercise caution when publicly searching for a searchable pdf because we don't know what ways they have of telling, if any, but the bar and NY have a lot of rules so it's conceivable there is one not known. I know that sounds crazy, but I didn't know the judicial rule where 2 no shows (no timely withdrawal), nonconsecutively, can result in permanent loss of status as a candidate to take it in New York - benefits of older friends.


I see what you mean. Duly noted. :)

I didn’t know that either, but why would anything no show twice? Can you imagine if you did that to your clients? One thing with the rules, even the more asinine ones, when you think about them - the Jake sense. Some idiot before tried the BOLE’s patience and BOOM! - a new rule. It’s good to be cautious

My $.02


Yeah, I agree with you re: clients but unfortunately that wasn't the rationale they provided. They were very uncommon circumstances, but her then 3 month old required emergency surgery the day of the exam after several days in the hospital, but they had no idea she had whatever the condition is called until a day or two beforehand so it was an emergency situation right before and during the exam. Then she took it in February, failed it, was signed up for and studied for July but then SHE had a medical emergency and had to have her gal bladder out, then she was notified of the rule and that she was ineligible for the time being but if she appealed within a week or so and won her appeal would be able to tske it again. She provided documentation of everything, they found it justified, made her eligible again, and then she was able to tske it a secons time and passed last February.

crerat123

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby crerat123 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:57 pm

ernie wrote:
Mr. Blackacre wrote:http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=93960810454105643999

Not sure how many downloads can be made. Help yourselves - let me know if it doesn't work.

Many thanks.



If you would be willing to reupload the searchable version of the pdf that would be much appreciated. Had been banking on the whole control F strat. Downloading the course materials to find that wasn't an option was a nasty shock haha.

crerat123

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby crerat123 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Thecharmishere wrote:
Elleonleo wrote:Hey Everyone,

Would someone else mind uploading another copy?
Thanks?[/quote

Pm me your email, I will email it to you.



Would you mind sending me a copy as well? Just realized that control F wasnt gonna work on the PDF they have uploaded. Much appreciated if you can!

Elleonleo

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby Elleonleo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Hey All--was wondering if anyone got their hands on the searchable pdf? Otherwise I'll likely use the large print searchable version (great tip!). But would love to get a copy of the other one. Thanks!

eudamin

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby eudamin » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:14 pm

Yeah. Kind of freaking out about this right now.

User avatar
Vexed

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby Vexed » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:29 am


adil91

Silver
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby adil91 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:24 am

We are not allowed to search the PDFS I believe

JBI

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby JBI » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:58 am

adil91 wrote:We are not allowed to search the PDFS I believe


For what it's worth, the intro page to the NYLE Video Assessment includes the following paragraph:

Before you commence the NYLC, we urge you to download and print the Course Materials. These materials will assist your understanding of the subject matter as you view the lectures. Electronically searching the Course Materials while taking the NYLE by using a searchable version of the Course Materials is a violation of Board Rule 6000.13 and may result in penalties including nullification of your registration for the NYLE, nullification of your NYLE score, a period of suspension from repeating the NYLE, and disclosure of your misconduct to the Appellate Division in New York having jurisdiction over your application for admission and to other jurisdictions.


Now, I'm new to all this, but my understanding is that you write the NYLE at home. So not sure how they'd be able to enforce such a rule, but good to know about it.

User avatar
CaptainJapan

Bronze
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby CaptainJapan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:04 pm

the ctrl + f strategy is still not a picnic, gotta be honest. Glad that's done.

User avatar
CaptainJapan

Bronze
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby CaptainJapan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:05 pm

The "ctrl + f" strategy is no picnic IMO. Glad that's done

b290

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby b290 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:38 pm

JBI wrote:
adil91 wrote:We are not allowed to search the PDFS I believe


For what it's worth, the intro page to the NYLE Video Assessment includes the following paragraph:

Before you commence the NYLC, we urge you to download and print the Course Materials. These materials will assist your understanding of the subject matter as you view the lectures. Electronically searching the Course Materials while taking the NYLE by using a searchable version of the Course Materials is a violation of Board Rule 6000.13 and may result in penalties including nullification of your registration for the NYLE, nullification of your NYLE score, a period of suspension from repeating the NYLE, and disclosure of your misconduct to the Appellate Division in New York having jurisdiction over your application for admission and to other jurisdictions.


Now, I'm new to all this, but my understanding is that you write the NYLE at home. So not sure how they'd be able to enforce such a rule, but good to know about it.


Probably the same way they enforce your skimming through the videos: a suggested amt of time/question.

Why include a PDF at all? If the BOLE is that against it, just make a different exam, or even scrap it altogether. Most states that adopted the UBE just have an online state course (which is what the NYLC is anyway).

I guess this ends the requests for the searchable PDF.

studying4bar wrote:I already did the NYLE portion butI would just be cautious about trying to find ways to circumvent the process because of things like character and fitness and oversight generally. Will they have a way of telling? I doubt it. But they do have other rules in place which, if violated, can result in negative consequences for the examinee - it's been discussed in other contexts in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=262603&start=75 and I mean, I did not find it to be difficult and there is no need to race through or control f to get it done ASAP...it's 50 questions and open book.


I stand corrected and you were right. Well done for predicting this. :D

My $.02

User avatar
White Dwarf

Bronze
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Re: NYLC PDF

Postby White Dwarf » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:05 am

b290 wrote:
Probably the same way they enforce your skimming through the videos: a suggested amt of time/question.

They can't possibly enforce this. It's easy with the videos. If someone finishes a 20 minute video in 8 minutes, they cheated. But there's no way they can distinguish between people who are fast because they studied hard, and people who are looking up answers.

You're allowed to use a non-searchable copy of the rules, and if you spent some time (as I did) orienting yourself to what pages certain material is on, it's pretty much indistinguishable from using the search function.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1Abimrdjur3, thenatikid, Transfer2016 and 54 guests