NYLC PDF Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bar_is_killing_me

New

NYLC PDF

Post by bar_is_killing_me » Wed May 03, 2017 10:27 pm

It's not searchable anymore...

bullsallday

New

Re: NYLC PDF

Post by bullsallday » Wed May 03, 2017 10:38 pm

If someone downloaded it can someone please put it up on drop box. I will be eternally grateful.

bar_is_killing_me

New

Post by bar_is_killing_me » Wed May 03, 2017 10:41 pm

please pm me if you have saved a searchable PDF. I would be very grateful.

Harvard_Naw

New

Post by Harvard_Naw » Wed May 03, 2017 10:59 pm

Couldn't you just run recognize text in Adobe?

lakers180

Bronze

Post by lakers180 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 pm

i'd really like a searchable copy too if someone has it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:33 am

wow...
BOLE is taking action...

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:15 am

Bar is killing me & lakers--

I think i still have the first outline from last may '16, ill look for it on my comp

nunumaster

Silver

Post by nunumaster » Thu May 04, 2017 11:50 am

lololol wow, that's messed up. Guess they were mad no one watched the videos.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:52 am

nunumaster wrote:lololol wow, that's messed up. Guess they were mad no one watched the videos.

Well you had to watch the vids..there were checkpoint Qs embedded in but they want to make it harder to ctrl + f during the nyle exam

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nunumaster

Silver

Post by nunumaster » Thu May 04, 2017 12:10 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
nunumaster wrote:lololol wow, that's messed up. Guess they were mad no one watched the videos.

Well you had to watch the vids..there were checkpoint Qs embedded in but they want to make it harder to ctrl + f during the nyle exam
I meant people didn't pay attention to the vids. Most people I know just left them on mute, and then ctrl+f the PDF when it was time to answer the mini questions. Annoying, but not as bad.

And wait, can you clarify? I thought this thread was about the NYLC. Is the searchable PDF no longer a thing for the NYLE?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:17 pm

nunumaster wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

I meant people didn't pay attention to the vids. Most people I know just left them on mute, and then ctrl+f the PDF when it was time to answer the mini questions. Annoying, but not as bad.

And wait, can you clarify? I thought this thread was about the NYLC. Is the searchable PDF no longer a thing for the NYLE?

not searchable = cannot control +f anymore. This would suck very bad if you all can't find a "searchable" pdf.
Thank god I took it back in March. I think i deleted mine as soon as I found out I passed...

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:22 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
nunumaster wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

not searchable = cannot control +f anymore. This would suck very bad if you all can't find a "searchable" pdf.
Thank god I took it back in March. I think i deleted mine as soon as I found out I passed...
I think I still have mine from last may on my comp, i'll double check

nunumaster

Silver

Post by nunumaster » Thu May 04, 2017 12:26 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
nunumaster wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

I know what not searchable means. I thought OP meant the NYLC pdf was no longer not searchable, not the NYLE PDF. Or are they the same PDF? I completed the NYLC last month without issues, but dont take the NYLE until the June administration, so have no idea.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:30 pm

nunumaster wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
nunumaster wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

I know what not searchable means. I thought OP meant the NYLC pdf was no longer not searchable, not the NYLE PDF. Or are they the same PDF? I completed the NYLC last month without issues, but dont take the NYLE until the June administration, so have no idea.

There's only 1 pdf- the nylc outline that you use when taking the nyle exam because it's open book. If you saved the nylc outline you should be good.

nunumaster

Silver

Post by nunumaster » Thu May 04, 2017 12:32 pm

bar_is_killing_me wrote:please pm me if you have saved a searchable PDF. I would be very grateful.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:36 pm

nunumaster wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
nunumaster wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

oh sorry, i didn't think you knew what not searchable meant. it looks like you'll need to find a searchable pdf as well

hey bar is killing me. I just pm'ed you send me your email

CHiCUbbyBear

New

Post by CHiCUbbyBear » Sat May 06, 2017 5:48 pm

I am also in need of one of the old searchable PDFs if anyone still has one. It would be greatly appreciated. This is a ridiculous development!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Sat May 06, 2017 7:27 pm

Is it the outline that's here? https://www.nybarexam.org/Content/NewYo ... erials.pdf

If that's the one I can put up a searchable version on some fileshare website. Just FYI anyone with Adobe Acrobat can run text recognition and make this searchable.

nunumaster

Silver

Post by nunumaster » Sat May 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Mr. Blackacre wrote:Is it the outline that's here? https://www.nybarexam.org/Content/NewYo ... erials.pdf

If that's the one I can put up a searchable version on some fileshare website. Just FYI anyone with Adobe Acrobat can run text recognition and make this searchable.
Yes this is it. Thank you, that would be so awesome! I tried just now, but my version of adobe says I don't have that tool and need to pay for it.

heythatslife

Silver

Post by heythatslife » Sat May 06, 2017 11:37 pm

Yeah you need a full version for OCR functionality, not the Acrobat Reader. The computer lab at my school has Adobe Creative Suite subscription so I'm gonna go there next week and run the PDF through OCR.

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Sun May 07, 2017 2:14 am

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=939 ... 4105643999

Not sure how many downloads can be made. Help yourselves - let me know if it doesn't work.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bandida

New

Post by bandida » Mon May 08, 2017 12:16 am

Mr. Blackacre wrote:http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=939 ... 4105643999

Not sure how many downloads can be made. Help yourselves - let me know if it doesn't work.
Thank you! :D

Bluem_11

Bronze

Post by Bluem_11 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:44 am

Aint nobody got time to actually watch those videos or read that PDF. I thought this was an implied *wink wink* thing with the BOLE.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Anyone know if the new version on the website (updated April 2017) is substantively any different than the older versions? Is the only change that the PDF is no longer searchable?

ernie

Bronze

Post by ernie » Tue May 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Mr. Blackacre wrote:http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=939 ... 4105643999

Many thanks.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”