All my fellow ADHDers, how did you manage with your bar exams

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

All my fellow ADHDers, how did you manage with your bar exams

Postby gladiator0flaw11 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm sitting for an additional state in July, I want to get this unemployment and misery all out of the way in one window of time and not look back. I'm diagnosed ADHD-Combined Type and I know everyone is different and unique or else this would belong in a medical forum. However, certain ADHD medications and study styles across the board work better for the majority when confronted with exams like the bar exam. I was just fine on Adderall IR 20 mg twice a daily through full time law school (minus the crashes), but I needed Lexapro 10 mg for anxiety brought on by depression and my personal circumstances at home (coming from a struggling broken home).

I initially switched to the time-released version at 25 mg once per day and it worked great for an internship abroad my 2L summer, but I bombed my first bar sitting back in 2016. I managed to get extremely lucky just now with Dexedrine Spansules 15 mg once a day and Adderall IR 15 mg a day, but I'm trying to finally quit this antidepressant and feel it's blunted me to some extent so it's a double edge sword here. I just wanted to hear from those of you who suffer from the disorder and if it was a struggle getting through law school, can't imagine how hard it's been now getting through multiple bar exams and obtaining employment. I sincerely appreciate the input and sharing.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�