barkschool

Re: July 2017 Virginia Bar Thread

Postby barkschool » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:30 pm

jmdoconnell wrote:
crookiz wrote:
barkschool wrote:
ScooterGa wrote:
barkschool wrote:anyone know how we keep time on the test

Mouse over the cog at the top right of the screen, then click on "Enrolled Student Center" then "Bar Review Lectures" on the left side of the screen (about the middle) and it is the first thing listed, 3 HOUR TIME CLOCK when it comes up!

I mean on the day of

There are clocks in the exam room. I don't recall if the testing software displays the time as well but I vaguely recall that it did.

If you are using a computer, they display a countdown clock on the wall/screen at the front of the room and at the back of the room (at least that is how it was done up through July 2013). They say that they position them so that you can see at least one of them from any seat in the room... Not so true if you ave a pillar in your sight line. If you want to try and keep benchmark times for when your essays should be done, make sure you know what they are going backwards. It used to be you could have a simple watch so you could set to 12:00 and know at 12:36, 1:12, 1:48, etc. were your benchmark times, but now you can't and you need to know that it is at 2:24, 1:48, 1:12, and 36...

This is exactly what I was looking for thank you

hanner22

Postby hanner22 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Does anyone have just a simple outline for Virginia Civil Procedure they would be willing to share? I am taking Themis and they have the final review outlines but the VA Civ Pro is still 19 pages. I also have my sisters old Barbri books from last year but again, the outline is super long. I am just looking for like a 4-5 page shell type outline that lists everything you need to know for VA Civ Pro. Thanks! And good luck everyone with this final stretch...almost there!

barkschool

Postby barkschool » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Kinda dumb but, are people bringing a huge plastic bag?

nenydcusc

Postby nenydcusc » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:55 pm

barkschool wrote:Kinda dumb but, are people bringing a huge plastic bag?

Yes, bought ziploc "big bags" size L (3 gallons). Bag has a handle but I don't trust it to support the weight of my laptop, charger, and required 6+ foot extension cord...

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”