July 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
randomperson93

New

Re: July 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby randomperson93 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:01 pm

On the bright side, worrying about the results apparently means that we will be even happier when we pass, or less devastated if we don't.

https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/11/ ... -long-run/

lawlaw08

New

Postby lawlaw08 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:57 pm

Wish they would just tell us the exact date now. :shock:

lawlaw08

New

Postby lawlaw08 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:59 pm

Estecontre wrote:
randomguy89 wrote:I am even more of a nervous wreck today, going back over my horrible essays in my mind. Ughh...

I know what you mean. My worst essay is definitely going to be the trust essay (I was not expecting that and I completely BS'ed it), followed by the commercial paper (I knew what to say, but I forgot some of the rule statements), and then the RP (I knew half of the answers regarding the RP, but I missed the O&G part, while the other RP I knew the answers but I had no idea about the rule statements). I'm unsure about my Wills and Administration, although I feel like I did fine and the Family Law are also a toss-up. I feel like I nailed the BA essays and the secured transactions. I did okay on the consumer law, I knew the answer, but my format was so off.

The other thing I keep going over is that I keep saying I knew the answers, but I haven't gone back to look at the essays, I hope my confidence in my answers isn't wrong. Hahaha.

I'm also wayyyyy too nervous to look at the essays. In my head I did really good on the essays and really bad on the MBE so I don't wanna ruin that by actually looking and realizing I messed up lol. If the bar was only day 1 and 3, I would feel good. But unfortunately I think i royally choked on the MBE.

Estecontre

Bronze

Postby Estecontre » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:14 pm

lawlaw08 wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
randomguy89 wrote:I am even more of a nervous wreck today, going back over my horrible essays in my mind. Ughh...

I know what you mean. My worst essay is definitely going to be the trust essay (I was not expecting that and I completely BS'ed it), followed by the commercial paper (I knew what to say, but I forgot some of the rule statements), and then the RP (I knew half of the answers regarding the RP, but I missed the O&G part, while the other RP I knew the answers but I had no idea about the rule statements). I'm unsure about my Wills and Administration, although I feel like I did fine and the Family Law are also a toss-up. I feel like I nailed the BA essays and the secured transactions. I did okay on the consumer law, I knew the answer, but my format was so off.

The other thing I keep going over is that I keep saying I knew the answers, but I haven't gone back to look at the essays, I hope my confidence in my answers isn't wrong. Hahaha.

I'm also wayyyyy too nervous to look at the essays. In my head I did really good on the essays and really bad on the MBE so I don't wanna ruin that by actually looking and realizing I messed up lol. If the bar was only day 1 and 3, I would feel good. But unfortunately I think i royally choked on the MBE.

I made the mistake of just looking at one of the family law questions and it turns out I missed an issue. Thank God it's not a big issue and I think I got the overall issues, but still...last time around I thought I did really well too and I ended up just above the score needed. The essay I thought was my best ended up being my third best, so you cant really tell these things. Not too mention it also depends how other people did in the same question.

Ketki

New

Postby Ketki » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:54 am

The wait is killing, why haven’t they officially posted the dates yet ? Is it sure to come tomorrow?

GarnetTheLawDiva

New

Postby GarnetTheLawDiva » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:56 am

Ketki wrote:The wait is killing, why haven’t they officially posted the dates yet ? Is it sure to come tomorrow?

What do you mean by "officially posted the dates?"

GarnetTheLawDiva

New

Postby GarnetTheLawDiva » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:58 am

https://abovethelaw.com/2017/10/texas-t ... -released/

Above the Law knows that Texas was so wrong for the Monday email. Lol!

TXBar2017

New

Postby TXBar2017 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:05 am

Ketki wrote:The wait is killing, why haven’t they officially posted the dates yet ? Is it sure to come tomorrow?

Friday has been the official date, but TX historically releases a day early for the July exam. There were rumors yesterday from friends clerking for the SCOTX that they could be today, but nothing for sure.

illegally_blonde

New

Postby illegally_blonde » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 am

Your Bar Exam rules and procedures .PDF said that TBLE expected to release results on November 3rd :(

GarnetTheLawDiva

New

Postby GarnetTheLawDiva » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:09 am

illegally_blonde wrote:

Your Bar Exam rules and procedures .PDF said that TBLE expected to release results on November 3rd :(

It always says the Friday and it always drops that Thursday. They don't post anything official before hand besides the Bar Exam pdf. They don't post an official date change either. They just drop the results on the Thursday......to torture us of course.

illegally_blonde

New

Postby illegally_blonde » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:22 am

GarnetTheLawDiva wrote:
illegally_blonde wrote:

It always says the Friday and it always drops that Thursday. They don't post anything official before hand besides the Bar Exam pdf. They don't post an official date change either. They just drop the results on the Thursday......to torture us of course.

So long as they don’t send out any more survey emails :lol:

-42-

New

Postby -42- » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:25 am

illegally_blonde wrote:
GarnetTheLawDiva wrote:
illegally_blonde wrote:

So long as they don’t send out any more survey emails :lol:

"IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE BLE IN YOUR ACCOUNT"

"hi we hope every1 had a spooky halloween hav a gr8 day <3 BLE"

JS281

New

Postby JS281 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:39 am

I'm popping into this thread on behalf of some friends who are also nervously waiting for results (and I'm nervous for y'all).

Last year we were all strung along by Justice Willett's tweets, which probably made things worse. If I'm remembering correctly, he tweeted out that results would be on Wednesday (which didn't happen) and then on Thursday he tweeted out that the results would be posted in 15 minutes (which ended up being hours later).

Complaints and scarring aside, he doesn't seem to be very active on Twitter this week.

Does anyone know if he'll be giving out updates this year?

leib10

Bronze

Postby leib10 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:43 am

I've heard he's out of the office this week, and has taken a social media hiatus. I doubt we will be getting a heads-up from him. I have a source inside SCOTX who will be able to let us know about an hour beforehand. If I hear anything, I'll post it here.

JS281

New

Postby JS281 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:48 am

leib10 wrote:I've heard he's out of the office this week, and has taken a social media hiatus. I doubt we will be getting a heads-up from him. I have a source inside SCOTX who will be able to let us know about an hour beforehand. If I hear anything, I'll post it here.

You and your source are the heroes that we need. Appreciate it!

TheJanitor6203

Silver

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:50 am

Willett hasn’t tweeted since he got nominated (other than to say he got nominated) so I don’t think we’re going to hear anything from him.

A friend of a friend of mine who is clerking on the SCOTX says they’re coming out tomorrow at 1. We’ll see.

Estecontre

Bronze

Postby Estecontre » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:57 am

leib10 wrote:I've heard he's out of the office this week, and has taken a social media hiatus. I doubt we will be getting a heads-up from him. I have a source inside SCOTX who will be able to let us know about an hour beforehand. If I hear anything, I'll post it here.

He's part of the Fifth Circuit now, so I doubt he will be tweeting like he used to (like someone else pointed out). Last year was crazy, but in all fairness results did come out a whole week earlier than expected. My letter states Friday April 28, instead of the usual May date given.

BVest

Platinum

Postby BVest » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:59 am

Estecontre wrote:
He's part of the Fifth Circuit now,

Not yet, but his tweets will certainly be curtailed at least until confirmation, if not longer.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Estecontre

Bronze

Postby Estecontre » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:07 pm

BVest wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
He's part of the Fifth Circuit now,

Not yet, but his tweets will certainly be curtailed at least until confirmation, if not longer.

Yes, sorry. You're right. He's been nominated, but he hasn't been tweeting since like September either way.

dtjustice

New

Postby dtjustice » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm so anxious and excited for all of you!!!! I am thinking Positive for each of you but if you need/want it... I have started the new group on WhatsApp called 2018 Texas Bar Exam. You will have to at download WhatsApp if you don't have it and send me your 1st name and phone number so I can add you to the group. You can text it to me or send me a pm. I think it was extremely helpful for those taking this exam and I'm hoping everyone passed.

Debbie
325-267-1160

I also have a 2018 study group on quizlet And have open the forum here for the 2018.... Hopefully none of you need it but please refer your friends who were taken the next bar.

jc2dad

New

Postby jc2dad » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:35 pm

I got an update yesterday from my licensure analyst saying they needed an update on an issue I had (child support issue that the OAG completely messed up the accounting and I have been dealing with for over a year) as soon as possible and to call her when I uploaded the documentation to my atlas account. I'm taking this as a very good sign that they are ensuring the folks with asterisks are appropriate on the list and that my name will be included among those who passed. Maybe I have read too much into it, but the fact that the email said "as soon as possible" and to call when uploaded, I can't help but think that she was working against a deadline.

GarnetTheLawDiva

New

Postby GarnetTheLawDiva » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:37 pm

jc2dad wrote:I got an update yesterday from my licensure analyst saying they needed an update on an issue I had (child support issue that the OAG completely messed up the accounting and I have been dealing with for over a year) as soon as possible and to call her when I uploaded the documentation to my atlas account. I'm taking this as a very good sign that they are ensuring the folks with asterisks are appropriate on the list and that my name will be included among those who passed. Maybe I have read too much into it, but the fact that the email said "as soon as possible" and to call when uploaded, I can't help but think that she was working against a deadline.

I'd take that as a really good sign.

TXBar2017

New

Postby TXBar2017 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:42 pm

jc2dad wrote:I got an update yesterday from my licensure analyst saying they needed an update on an issue I had (child support issue that the OAG completely messed up the accounting and I have been dealing with for over a year) as soon as possible and to call her when I uploaded the documentation to my atlas account. I'm taking this as a very good sign that they are ensuring the folks with asterisks are appropriate on the list and that my name will be included among those who passed. Maybe I have read too much into it, but the fact that the email said "as soon as possible" and to call when uploaded, I can't help but think that she was working against a deadline.

I hope you and everyone else immediately uploaded and called :lol:

np1211

New

Postby np1211 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:50 pm

i am freaking out !!!!! can't seem to concentrate on anything else today!

randomperson93

New

Postby randomperson93 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:54 pm

np1211 wrote:i am freaking out !!!!! can't seem to concentrate on anything else today!

Same. I've been having panic attacks all week. I just wish they'd tell us and put us out of our misery!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?