July 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
CIG89

New

Re: July 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby CIG89 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:28 pm

Anybody know whether anyone who took the February 2017 exam (regardless of whether they passed or failed) received a survey email?

Pneumonia

Gold

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Atimetowin wrote:Not saying it's an indication of ANYTHING but I did fail feb 17 exam and did not get a survey email last time. But I just got an email this time around. Maybe it was an oversight last time :?

Good job, you just sent a bunch of already frazzled lurkers into an unnecessary tailspin.

lnh819

Bronze

Postby lnh819 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:42 pm

I took and passed the February 2017 exam. No survey email. Husband took and passed as well, no email. I highly suspect the survey is a new thing (nobody got one with the July 2016 exam, pass or fail) and was almost certainly sent to everyone.

Atimetowin

New

Postby Atimetowin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:45 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
Atimetowin wrote:Not saying it's an indication of ANYTHING but I did fail feb 17 exam and did not get a survey email last time. But I just got an email this time around. Maybe it was an oversight last time :?

Good job, you just sent a bunch of already frazzled lurkers into an unnecessary tailspin.

Wasn't my intent bitter Betty. I really don't think it means a damn thing quite frankly but I have the right to speak on my experience. Don't come for me unless I send for you...okay?

Ron220

New

Postby Ron220 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:46 pm

GarnetTheLawDiva wrote:
lschool2017 wrote:Anyone else just get an email saying there was new info posted to their atlas account only to find it is a survey about the bar exam? :0

Yes.....................................still peeling my heart up from the floor!!!!!

I got survey email as well. But I didn’t get any survey email for feb 2017. Very nervous

TX TANK

New

Postby TX TANK » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:11 pm

I received the email. It made me paranoid as though the BLE is tallying the final results, and my study habits will somehow be taken into account in determining a pass/fail for a possible border line grade. Ugh! Paranoia may destroy ya!

Pneumonia

Gold

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Atimetowin wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:

Wasn't my intent bitter Betty. I really don't think it means a damn thing quite frankly but I have the right to speak on my experience. Don't come for me unless I send for you...okay?

I didn't mean to sound bitter. I did mean to point out that you injected more stress into a thread that's already filled with nervous wrecks. It can be easy to post your own experience without thinking about the way others will take it. I thought you may have misjudged what you were doing. But if I was wrong and you were just trying to be unkind, then you succeeded.

Estecontre

Bronze

Postby Estecontre » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:22 pm

lschool2017 wrote:
boogerrr wrote:Did not receive an email, so I failed?

Definitely not. It could easily be a sample size thing. Either way I’m sure they are not connected.

90% sure they are not connected. This happens s every test administration. Some people get emails, some don't and there's no correlation. Last time around me and a friend did not get an email and he passed and I didn't.

randomguy89

New

Postby randomguy89 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:26 pm

TX TANK wrote:I received the email. It made me paranoid as though the BLE is tallying the final results, and my study habits will somehow be taken into account in determining a pass/fail for a possible border line grade. Ugh! Paranoia may destroy ya!

LOL! I’m afraid to fill out the survey for this reason. But then I think “oh, what if they’ll automatically fail me if I don’t fill it out?” It’s hilarious on one level, but I feel completely pathetic on another.

Atimetowin

New

Postby Atimetowin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
Atimetowin wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:

I didn't mean to sound bitter. I did mean to point out that you injected more stress into a thread that's already filled with nervous wrecks. It can be easy to post your own experience without thinking about the way others will take it. I thought you may have misjudged what you were doing. But if I was wrong and you were just trying to be unkind, then you succeeded.

As I stated initially I don't think it is an indication of anything just speaking in my experience which is no different from what everyone else is doing in this thread. I would never intentionally want to cause distress with anyone. You took my post and are trying to make it a way bigger issue than it is really. Chill out is what I'm saying. You can see other people didn't have my experience at all. That is why we are here to a sit results and share experiences.

I wish you the best of luck and success :D

P_S_Law

New

Postby P_S_Law » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:48 pm

lawlaw08 wrote:

This is enough to give me some MUCH needed hope. I may even be able to sleep tonight lol.

OMG! i just got an email saying to check your BLE, i kept on thinking i only got 1 email so maybe that means i passed, only to find it was for a damn survey, r u kidding me...lol ..IS the bar gonna be paying for my medical visit to ER, almost gave me a mini stroke over here....
Last edited by P_S_Law on Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

illegally_blonde

New

Postby illegally_blonde » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Thrive wrote:
illegally_blonde wrote:This email gave me an eye twitch and a stroke. I demand that the legislature removes the BLE’s immunity from suits.

EDIT: Of a note is that Texas Bar website has a registration form for new lawyers (that is, those who presumably passed the Bar Exam). They say that the registration is available 2-3 days after the results are released but I suspect that TBLE send the pass lists to Texas Bar a few days earlier. Worth a try.

Where did you find this form?

Texas Bar Website -> Membership -> New Lawyers Oath & Fees-> Click Here to Register. It’ll ask for the last for digits of your SSN and your DOB.

lawlaw08

New

Postby lawlaw08 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:23 pm

Thrive wrote:
illegally_blonde wrote:This email gave me an eye twitch and a stroke. I demand that the legislature removes the BLE’s immunity from suits.

EDIT: Of a note is that Texas Bar website has a registration form for new lawyers (that is, those who presumably passed the Bar Exam). They say that the registration is available 2-3 days after the results are released but I suspect that TBLE send the pass lists to Texas Bar a few days earlier. Worth a try.

Has this worked for anyone? *he asks nervously*

lschool2017

New

Postby lschool2017 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:31 pm

illegally_blonde wrote:
Thrive wrote:

Texas Bar Website -> Membership -> New Lawyers Oath & Fees-> Click Here to Register. It’ll ask for the last for digits of your SSN and your DOB.

Did you try this?

MnM22

Bronze

Postby MnM22 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:08 am

Yeah, I did that registration thing, but it didn't work. Honestly, I think they are smarter than that. At the end of the day, it's likely we'll just have to wait the good ole fashion way to find out. Best of luck all!

JazzOne

Gold

Postby JazzOne » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:45 am

illegally_blonde wrote:
Thrive wrote:

lol That was evil. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Feb17TBE

New

Postby Feb17TBE » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:38 am

I've been around this block a few too many times to know that there's absolutely no "indications" whatsoever about whether you passed/failed before the results actually come out. No surveys, no emails about C&F, no attorney registrations, nothing. Trust me. The only way people have found out sooner (a few hours earlier than the posting on the ble website) has been when they know friends/colleagues who work at the S.Ct. of Tx. And then there's Justice Willet - whose texts were notoriously off the mark last time - not his fault, of course, it was the ble trying out the whole Atlas thing and something went horribly wrong. If BVest is the be believed, Willet, J. is taking a hiatus (and BVest is rarely ever wrong).
So calm yourselves (as much as you can, b/c I know it can seem impossible). You already either passed or failed the minute the proctor said, "STOP!" for the last time. You will know when you will know. This is nothing but a hurdle we all need to overcome. It counts for absolutely nothing on how good a lawyer you can become. All the shitty lawyers you know, they all passed the bar. Try not to make it seem like the end all be all of your career. This is just the beginning.

CIG89

New

Postby CIG89 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 am

lnh819 wrote:I took and passed the February 2017 exam. No survey email. Husband took and passed as well, no email. I highly suspect the survey is a new thing (nobody got one with the July 2016 exam, pass or fail) and was almost certainly sent to everyone.

Thank you!

Estecontre

Bronze

Postby Estecontre » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:25 am

Feb17TBE wrote:I've been around this block a few too many times to know that there's absolutely no "indications" whatsoever about whether you passed/failed before the results actually come out. No surveys, no emails about C&F, no attorney registrations, nothing. Trust me. The only way people have found out sooner (a few hours earlier than the posting on the ble website) has been when they know friends/colleagues who work at the S.Ct. of Tx. And then there's Justice Willet - whose texts were notoriously off the mark last time - not his fault, of course, it was the ble trying out the whole Atlas thing and something went horribly wrong. If BVest is the be believed, Willet, J. is taking a hiatus (and BVest is rarely ever wrong).
So calm yourselves (as much as you can, b/c I know it can seem impossible). You already either passed or failed the minute the proctor said, "STOP!" for the last time. You will know when you will know. This is nothing but a hurdle we all need to overcome. It counts for absolutely nothing on how good a lawyer you can become. All the shitty lawyers you know, they all passed the bar. Try not to make it seem like the end all be all of your career. This is just the beginning.

First time I took the bar exam people were freaking out, because we all received an e-mail. Some of us received one and some of received two. Had no bearing on it. Second time I took the exam people were freaking out, because some of us received an e-mail and some did not. Both me and my friend did not receive an e-mail, he passed I did not. I swear this happen every test administration and no one remembers from the past time and it always causes a freak out. Results are either done at this point and they're going over borderline people or they're about to be finalized. Either way, you won't find out until they come out and there are no tips or tricks you can use to find out (unless you know somebody).

Edit: I had to add this edit. My ex-boss actually received an e-mail from the BLE like a week or two before results were supposed to come out. That didn't stop me from failing.

TXBar2017

New

Postby TXBar2017 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:18 am

I'm hearing from a friend that clerks for the SCOTX that we will get them either tomorrow or Thursday. Good luck everyone.

boogerrr

New

Postby boogerrr » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:30 pm

TXBar2017 wrote:I'm hearing from a friend that clerks for the SCOTX that we will get them either tomorrow or Thursday. Good luck everyone.

officially shitting myself at work

Estecontre

Bronze

Postby Estecontre » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:24 pm

boogerrr wrote:
TXBar2017 wrote:I'm hearing from a friend that clerks for the SCOTX that we will get them either tomorrow or Thursday. Good luck everyone.

officially shitting myself at work

I started to play with the numbers and looked at my previous numbers to see how much I need to improve in order to pass. Hahaha. I was completely fine up until this week.

leib10

Bronze

Postby leib10 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:27 pm

randomguy89

New

Postby randomguy89 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:52 pm

I am even more of a nervous wreck today. I just can’t stop ruminating about my horrible essays. Ughh...

Estecontre

Bronze

Postby Estecontre » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:00 pm

randomguy89 wrote:I am even more of a nervous wreck today, going back over my horrible essays in my mind. Ughh...

I know what you mean. My worst essay is definitely going to be the trust essay (I was not expecting that and I completely BS'ed it), followed by the commercial paper (I knew what to say, but I forgot some of the rule statements), and then the RP (I knew half of the answers regarding the RP, but I missed the O&G part, while the other RP I knew the answers but I had no idea about the rule statements). I'm unsure about my Wills and Administration, although I feel like I did fine and the Family Law are also a toss-up. I feel like I nailed the BA essays and the secured transactions. I did okay on the consumer law, I knew the answer, but my format was so off.

The other thing I keep going over is that I keep saying I knew the answers, but I haven't gone back to look at the essays, I hope my confidence in my answers isn't wrong. Hahaha.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?