New Jersey Waiting Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
WaitingforNJ25

New

Re: New Jersey Waiting Thread

Post by WaitingforNJ25 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:03 am

8am on a Monday and 5 people already asked me if I got my result :( it's gonna be a long week

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:33 am

I had it in my head that it will be this week so if it's not until next week... The 12th... I'm gonna puke lol. I hate the uncertainty! Just announce a date so we don't get a panic attack every time we get an email notification lol.

sdimo

New

Post by sdimo » Mon May 01, 2017 10:31 am

I feel like saying by may 12th is the standard line they're going to give. they want to give out the latest date so we don't harass them. who knows, the UBE might take that long for them to get in order, but I think it'll be wed-fri this week. i feel like i'm in denial. i no longer want to know. lol. going on vacation on saturday and i don't want it to be ruined

bubbabubba

New

Post by bubbabubba » Mon May 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Here's what I figured out using websites and old threads:

NY released Tuesday, April 26
NJ released Tuesday, May 3

seven days difference

NY released Wednesday May 2
NJ released Thursday, May 10

eight days difference

NY released Thursday, May 2
NJ released Friday, May 17

thirteen days difference

NY released Thursday, April 24
NJ released Friday, May 9

fifteen days difference

NY released Tuesday, April 28
NJ released Tuesday, May 5

seven days difference

NJ released Thursday, May 12

sixteen days difference

The average length of time between NY releasing and NJ releasing is 12 days.

NY released Wednesday, April 26
12 days from the 26th is Monday, May 8th.

What it looks like is NJ won't release on a Monday or a Wednesday, only releasing on Tuesday, Thursdays, or Fridays. It looks like the following pattern emerged, based on release dates from 2011 to 2016: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Friday, Tuesday, Thursday. It seems to follow that this year will be released on a Friday. If that's the case, then the release date could be either May 5 or May 12. Somebody above said the latest the results would be released would be Friday, May 12, but indicated that they would come out earlier than that.

Overall, my estimate is Friday, May 5, 2017

sdimo

New

Post by sdimo » Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 pm

bubbabubba wrote:Here's what I figured out using websites and old threads:

seven days difference

eight days difference

thirteen days difference

fifteen days difference

seven days difference

sixteen days difference

What it looks like is NJ won't release on a Monday or a Wednesday, only releasing on Tuesday, Thursdays, or Fridays. It looks like the following pattern emerged, based on release dates from 2011 to 2016: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Friday, Tuesday, Thursday. It seems to follow that this year will be released on a Friday. If that's the case, then the release date could be either May 5 or May 12. Somebody above said the latest the results would be released would be Friday, May 12, but indicated that they would come out earlier than that.

feb16 release was Wednesday May 4th. I still have the message in my NJ Bar Exam website inbox. not sure where you got your info, maybe that's the public release date? they released july16 on tuesday oct 18th. the public release is at least a week later for both.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bubbabubba

New

Post by bubbabubba » Mon May 01, 2017 1:37 pm

sdimo wrote:

seven days difference

eight days difference

thirteen days difference

fifteen days difference

seven days difference

sixteen days difference

feb16 release was Wednesday May 4th. I still have the message in my NJ Bar Exam website inbox. not sure where you got your info, maybe that's the public release date? they released july16 on tuesday oct 18th. the public release is at least a week later for both.
That's what I must have looked at. There goes my hypothesis.

sdimo

New

Post by sdimo » Mon May 01, 2017 1:58 pm

bubbabubba wrote:
sdimo wrote:

seven days difference

eight days difference

thirteen days difference

fifteen days difference

seven days difference

sixteen days difference

That's what I must have looked at. There goes my hypothesis.
haha I wish we could count on the hypothesis. it's a crapshoot trying to guess lol. when NJ is done torturing us, they'll release :/

WaitingforNJ25

New

Post by WaitingforNJ25 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Got a letter from The nj bar and my heart stopped. It was from the c&F attorney saying I need to send in some document so that they can proceed with my application... zzzz false alarm

sdimo

New

Post by sdimo » Mon May 01, 2017 4:05 pm

WaitingforNJ25 wrote:Got a letter from The nj bar and my heart stopped. It was from the c&F attorney saying I need to send in some document so that they can proceed with my application... zzzz false alarm
that has to be a good sign.. why would they be looking into your c&f if you had not passed?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WaitingforNJ25

New

Post by WaitingforNJ25 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:08 pm

sdimo wrote:
WaitingforNJ25 wrote:Got a letter from The nj bar and my heart stopped. It was from the c&F attorney saying I need to send in some document so that they can proceed with my application... zzzz false alarm
that has to be a good sign.. why would they be looking into your c&f if you had not passed?

I was thinking that too but I have no evidence they done that to other people before lol so I'll hold off on being optimistic

sdimo

New

Post by sdimo » Mon May 01, 2017 4:15 pm

WaitingforNJ25 wrote:
sdimo wrote:

I was thinking that too but I have no evidence they done that to other people before lol so I'll hold off on being optimistic
haha fair. either way i'd say it's probably coming by the end of this week then :|

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:10 pm

sdimo wrote:
WaitingforNJ25 wrote:
sdimo wrote:

haha fair. either way i'd say it's probably coming by the end of this week then :|
I think that it's more than fair to be cautiously optimistic that you passed after receiving a personalized C&F email. It seems like a royal waste of time on their part to do that unless the applicant has passed. That said, who knows whether these attorneys are associated or privy to the exam results. I am a repeater (missed the mark by 4 points last time) and I never got any C&F inquiries. I haven't this time yet either. However, I also can't really think of anything on my application they'd want to follow up with me about or that I would need to supplement. I'm not sure what's normal in that regard but I didn't have any particular red flags.

Also, I'm still really hopeful that results come on or before Friday! (I'm still gunning for tomorrow) :)

WaitingforNJ25

New

Post by WaitingforNJ25 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:21 pm

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:
sdimo wrote:
WaitingforNJ25 wrote:
sdimo wrote:

I think that it's more than fair to be cautiously optimistic that you passed after receiving a personalized C&F email. It seems like a royal waste of time on their part to do that unless the applicant has passed. That said, who knows whether these attorneys are associated or privy to the exam results. I am a repeater (missed the mark by 4 points last time) and I never got any C&F inquiries. I haven't this time yet either. However, I also can't really think of anything on my application they'd want to follow up with me about or that I would need to supplement. I'm not sure what's normal in that regard but I didn't have any particular red flags.

Also, I'm still really hopeful that results come on or before Friday! (I'm still gunning for tomorrow) :)

I'm also hoping we get our result tomorrow!!!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

S0M21L

New

Post by S0M21L » Mon May 01, 2017 8:12 pm

Good luck, everyone!

WaitingforNJ25

New

Post by WaitingforNJ25 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:09 am

Today is the day! I know it!

jnro4

New

Post by jnro4 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:47 am

I cant live like this anymore lol... I really do hope today is the day.... the other thing that's killing me is, does anyone have any idea of what time it might happen?? I keep thinking it'll be right in the morning when I wake up... but im guessing It'll be a totally random time in the day? Good luck everyone!

WaitingforNJ25

New

Post by WaitingforNJ25 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:49 am

jnro4 wrote:I cant live like this anymore lol... I really do hope today is the day.... the other thing that's killing me is, does anyone have any idea of what time it might happen?? I keep thinking it'll be right in the morning when I wake up... but im guessing It'll be a totally random time in the day? Good luck everyone!
Someone previously mentioned after 3 I think

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sdimo

New

Post by sdimo » Tue May 02, 2017 9:55 am

WaitingforNJ25 wrote:
jnro4 wrote:I cant live like this anymore lol... I really do hope today is the day.... the other thing that's killing me is, does anyone have any idea of what time it might happen?? I keep thinking it'll be right in the morning when I wake up... but im guessing It'll be a totally random time in the day? Good luck everyone!
Someone previously mentioned after 3 I think
yeah that was me. we started getting emails around 3 (for last feb And last july) in waves, and results were posted on individual portals on the website. don't think it took longer than an hour-ish, prob because not so many people in NJ lol. My co-worker has a P-last name and wasn't too much longer behind my D last name

B90

Silver

Post by B90 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:00 am

Wow!
If the adage is true (and I believe it is) that "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger" then remind me to never go against an attorney licensed in NJ.
Seriously, you people must be super(wo)men.
Hang in there and stay alive!
I have my fingers crossed that you will be put out of your misery soon...

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:06 am

I keep wanting to try to apply for the next exam and see whether it lets me... I am so paranoid and am thinking of any way to game the system lol. But the final deadline has passed and my green apply button still appears active. Should I be concerned?! Ahh the agony is real haha.

jnro4

New

Post by jnro4 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:25 am

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:I keep wanting to try to apply for the next exam and see whether it lets me... I am so paranoid and am thinking of any way to game the system lol. But the final deadline has passed and my green apply button still appears active. Should I be concerned?! Ahh the agony is real haha.

I believe for those who do not pass, the deadline is extended like a week for applying within the cheaper time period, and extended the opportunity to timely enroll in the laptop program.... Hopefully it will not come to that for any of us!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:37 am

jnro4 wrote:
Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:I keep wanting to try to apply for the next exam and see whether it lets me... I am so paranoid and am thinking of any way to game the system lol. But the final deadline has passed and my green apply button still appears active. Should I be concerned?! Ahh the agony is real haha.

I believe for those who do not pass, the deadline is extended like a week for applying within the cheaper time period, and extended the opportunity to timely enroll in the laptop program.... Hopefully it will not come to that for any of us!
AHH okay thanks. So just because the green button is there right now does not automatically mean that I failed? haha serious anxietyyyy

jnro4

New

Post by jnro4 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:41 pm

for anyone who is in the first wave, please send a heads up that its coming. much much appreciated :mrgreen:

enjoysanxiety

New

Post by enjoysanxiety » Tue May 02, 2017 2:28 pm

It angers me that seemingly nobody knows who these bar people are (aside from that one email mentioned above).

Who are they? What are they doing right now? Do they have twitter feeds? Is the release some sort of Mail Chimp e-blast set on a timer?

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:20 pm

ahhh I had it in my head that it would be today but it's not looking likely now! damn these Bar Gods and their mind games. best of luck everyone :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”