New Jersey Waiting Thread

WaitingforNJ25

Re: New Jersey Waiting Thread

Postby WaitingforNJ25 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:ahhh I had it in my head that it would be today but it's not looking likely now! damn these Bar Gods and their mind games. best of luck everyone :)

damn i guess my lawyer intuition doesn't work....

bubbabubba

Postby bubbabubba » Tue May 02, 2017 6:58 pm

I still think this Friday.

S0M21L

Postby S0M21L » Tue May 02, 2017 7:41 pm

For everyone worrying about results, write your worries down on paper before you go to bed. Then tell yourself, I've dealt with it. You'll sleep.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Postby Lawyerinwaiting89 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Hmm my second prediction (today was wrong) is Thursday, May 4! It was May 4th last year and maybe they think it's funny to do it on Star Wars day. But if it's Cinco de Mayo it's an excuse to drink up mmm. May the 4th be with you! Or happy burritos day!

Lawyerinwaiting89

Postby Lawyerinwaiting89 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:02 pm

Also I'm pretty sure that it's just us, DC, and Michigan that hasn't provided a specific release date (for the states that have yet to release)... If they just told us a set date, it'd be so much better! It's the uncertainty that's super scary.

That said, I'm sending positive vibes to everyone. Just remember that whatever happens, this exam doesn't define you as a person and many people are dealing with much grander battles. In the grand scheme of life, it's one setback and if you're lucky, your life will be long and full of lots of positive experiences. It's important to keep it in perspective, although it is really hard when you're in this position. It inevitably feels like the most important thing because it may very well be at this point in time; that does not mean, however, that the powers that be do not have a plan for you. Keep your head up and try not to obsess (I should take my own advice). What will be will be and sometimes you have to seize a bit of control and have faith in the overall journey. Be strong :)

sdimo

Postby sdimo » Wed May 03, 2017 9:18 am

last year release was on a wednesday after 69 days. today is 70 days since the exam so i hope they put us out of our misery. my stomach drops every time an email hits my inbox. the waiting without knowing when is the absolute worst part.

jnro4

Postby jnro4 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:53 am

sdimo wrote:last year release was on a wednesday after 69 days. today is 70 days since the exam so i hope they put us out of our misery. my stomach drops every time an email hits my inbox. the waiting without knowing when is the absolute worst part.

that being said.... I am going to keep my fingers crossed that today is the day... I want to be as optimistic about this as possible.... That we all passed! a huge sigh of relief to come... and then we can turn this thread into a "where are we going to celebrate tonight?" thread. hahaha Good luck everyone!!!

WaitingforNJ25

Postby WaitingforNJ25 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:20 pm

jnro4 wrote:
sdimo wrote:last year release was on a wednesday after 69 days. today is 70 days since the exam so i hope they put us out of our misery. my stomach drops every time an email hits my inbox. the waiting without knowing when is the absolute worst part.

that being said.... I am going to keep my fingers crossed that today is the day... I want to be as optimistic about this as possible.... That we all passed! a huge sigh of relief to come... and then we can turn this thread into a "where are we going to celebrate tonight?" thread. hahaha Good luck everyone!!!

I really do hope it becomes where do we go celebrate tonight thread

WaitingforNJ25

Postby WaitingforNJ25 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:21 pm

Past 3 and no results.... Try again tomorrow...

enjoysanxiety

Postby enjoysanxiety » Wed May 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Shit, I think the "Start New Application" button on my user page got a little bigger.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Postby Lawyerinwaiting89 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Lol I feel like my big green apply button is bursting through the screen too. I still think tomorrow is the day.

bubbabubba

Postby bubbabubba » Wed May 03, 2017 5:52 pm

Somebody posted earlier that results come out after 3 PM. Is this true, does anybody know?

sdimo

Postby sdimo » Wed May 03, 2017 5:56 pm

bubbabubba wrote:Somebody posted earlier that results come out after 3 PM. Is this true, does anybody know?

For the third time, this was me. I took Feb and July 2016. Emails started to come in at 315 in Feb and 350 for july's. I still have the emails saved in my inbox.

Again, I don't know any more than anyone else and everything could be flipped on its head for ube.

JSA123

Postby JSA123 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:24 am

I still have the email from last year.. MAy 4th it came out in the afternoon ... how long does a Scranton and a few essay take to grade .. jesus

WaitingforNJ25

Postby WaitingforNJ25 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:07 am

JSA123 wrote:I still have the email from last year.. MAy 4th it came out in the afternoon ... how long does a Scranton and a few essay take to grade .. jesus

They finished grading probably a month ago... They just like to make us suffer

jnro4

Postby jnro4 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:31 am

To the person who received a letter a few days ago from the Board regarding more for your C & F info, did they also post that to your home page, or was it just a letter?? .... thats starting to mess with my head now. I feel like my application may need additional info maybe?... But i haven't gotten anything in the mail so......this waiting is messing with me lol

WaitingforNJ25

Postby WaitingforNJ25 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 am

jnro4 wrote:To the person who received a letter a few days ago from the Board regarding more for your C & F info, did they also post that to your home page, or was it just a letter?? .... thats starting to mess with my head now. I feel like my application may need additional info maybe?... But i haven't gotten anything in the mail so......this waiting is messing with me lol

Nah, it was just an email, nothing on my user home page. After talking to a few people about it, I concluded it has no bearing whether you passed or not, they do a separate investigation without knowing your result! So don't worry about it.

WaitingforNJ25

Postby WaitingforNJ25 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:07 am

Also, I can tell you, from looking at my user home screen everyday, today it changed.... It's missing the first message that was always bolded red (although i don't know what that was since i never clicked it)

sdimo

Postby sdimo » Thu May 04, 2017 10:10 am

WaitingforNJ25 wrote:Also, I can tell you, from looking at my user home screen everyday, today it changed.... It's missing the first message that was always bolded red (although i don't know what that was since i never clicked it)

hmm. was it that thing on the top right column about the instructions for the exam software? i think that's what mine is missing

WaitingforNJ25

Postby WaitingforNJ25 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:37 am

sdimo wrote:
WaitingforNJ25 wrote:Also, I can tell you, from looking at my user home screen everyday, today it changed.... It's missing the first message that was always bolded red (although i don't know what that was since i never clicked it)

hmm. was it that thing on the top right column about the instructions for the exam software? i think that's what mine is missing

yeah i think it is

jnro4

Postby jnro4 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:57 am

WaitingforNJ25 wrote:
sdimo wrote:

yeah i think it is

yeah y'all are right! Didnt realize mine is missing as well... weird. so I guess the site is being active.. i hope its a sign. May the 4th be with you haha

NJwaiting1113

Postby NJwaiting1113 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:08 am

For "Announcements" on the Home Page, the Final Deadline one isn't sitting separately above all the past announcements anymore, either. I know they post an announcement that results have been loaded to user home pages - does anyone know when that goes up in relation to us actually receiving them?

enjoysanxiety

Postby enjoysanxiety » Thu May 04, 2017 11:28 am

Mine is gone too.

Question to see if it means something: is anybody's exam software instruction thing NOT gone?

jnro4

Postby jnro4 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:43 am

SO..... I emailed a case manager... and I just got feedback saying "we are aiming to release it this week"... considering there is only today and tomorrow, I would say that means finally within these 48 hours we'll finally know!

enjoysanxiety

Postby enjoysanxiety » Thu May 04, 2017 11:49 am

YES! You're that guy!

This isn't Reddit, so I can't give you gold, but please accept this functional equivalent.

http://imgur.com/FjUcQ69

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”