When to start studying again

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Bimmerfan

New

When to start studying again

Postby Bimmerfan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:07 am

Any repeat takers have any tips / suggestions on prepping for the next test?

I failed by 1 point in feb 2017... i began BarBri prep a few days before Christmas 2016. I studied PT for one month and FT for the second month. It clearly wasn't enough, but almost...

I work FT and won't be able to take time off for the July test. I started reviewing the essay material a few weeks ago but there is still more than 3 months until the July administration.

Am I making a mistake by not studying for 3-4 hrs each day right now? I work FT and I also have a young child, so studying at night gets exhausting. (I obviously need to ramp it up beginning in late May and June.)

B90

Silver

Re: When to start studying again

Postby B90 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:57 am

which state?
I am happy to offer advice. You can also PM me to avoid outing yourself if you prefer.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:32 am

I believe that the first week of May is really great time to begin preparing for July. I would never dissuade someone from starting earlier, but starting in early May rather than late May when the bar-review companies kick off is an excellent way to make the process less stressful.

Sean (Silverman Bar Prep)
http://www.mbetutorial.blogspot.com

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:05 am

May 1st.

Start solving questions and answering essays June 1st.

Since you are a retaker, one month should be sufficient time to get the rules together.
From June 1st, do the questions like every question counts to your mbe score.

Bimmerfan

New

Postby Bimmerfan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks everyone. Especially due to failing by such a small margin, I've been having a tough time finding motivation to get started so early.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:21 am

Do what you want to do for another week.
Grab nice dessert. Go for a walk, get your mindset together because God is still cooking the best moment for you.
Get your materials organized, draft a big schedule chart. Take one step at a time.

B90

Silver

Postby B90 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:36 am

Which section was your weakest? MBE or mpt/mee/essays?
Most people start with MBE. I can offer some good tips for MBE if anyone is interested.
However, I agree with the consensus that you shouldnt start until May 1st. You need a break and you need to clear your head.
As others have said, go do something fun and/or relaxing. Then take care of some of things you have to do like doctor's appointments, cleaning your apartment, etc. Basically, treat it like 0L ( but bar prep is much shorter than 1L obviously). This will help you clear your head as well as distract you, and also give you a sense of accomplishment like you are doing something productive.

Remember, no one cares how many times you took the bar or how long it took you to get your JD. All that matters is that you will have a JD and a license to practice law.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�