What would your bar prep tool arsenal be for July 2017?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
MRSP

New

What would your bar prep tool arsenal be for July 2017?

Postby MRSP » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:16 am

I am taking the July 2017 exam and am wondering what study programs/tools you would suggest based off of your experience? If you don't mind sharing when you took the bar, if you passed (or didn't pass), and what study programs and tools worked for you or didn't work? I am looking for all and any suggestions to prep for the Hawai'i Bar Exam which will be the MEE/MPT and MBE.

I am not currently working, but have a newborn baby to take care of :shock: , so my study schedule will not be the traditional/ideal 8 hours a day, which is why I am wanting to start studying this week (about 4 months prior to the exam) rather than 2 months or so prior.

I have already purchased the Critical Pass flashcards, and have all of the Kaplan books from 2014 gifted to me from a friend. I have read conflicting reviews of Adaptibar, Barbri, and Themis, as far as which study questions are closest to the real MBE, however it seems that Adaptibar and Themis have high ratings generally? I have also heard awesome things about Emmanuels S&T. Also looking for anyone with experience using Studicata or another MEE outline prep program? Just trying to get all of my study tools/programs set into a good plan generally to start this week.

Thanks guys!

happyhour1122

Silver

Re: What would your bar prep tool arsenal be for July 2017?

Postby happyhour1122 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:43 am

I can give you more advice once I get results in a few weeks. I am a retaker. Barbri didn't for me. Emanuel saved a lot of my stress. If I pass, it's all because of emanuel. Terms of writing essays, real questions and model answer would be the best. Barbri did a good job summarizing this. But don't be afraid to self study.

MRSP

New

Postby MRSP » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:03 am

happyhour1122 wrote:I can give you more advice once I get results in a few weeks. I am a retaker. Barbri didn't for me. Emanuel saved a lot of my stress. If I pass, it's all because of emanuel. Terms of writing essays, real questions and model answer would be the best. Barbri did a good job summarizing this. But don't be afraid to self study.

Happyhour, thank you! Did you mean Barbri did it for you (in a good way) or didn't (as in didn't work)?

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:36 am

MRSP wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:I can give you more advice once I get results in a few weeks. I am a retaker. Barbri didn't for me. Emanuel saved a lot of my stress. If I pass, it's all because of emanuel. Terms of writing essays, real questions and model answer would be the best. Barbri did a good job summarizing this. But don't be afraid to self study.

Happyhour, thank you! Did you mean Barbri did it for you (in a good way) or didn't (as in didn't work)?

Sorry, I was meant to say barbri didn't work for me:p

rahulg91

Bronze

Postby rahulg91 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:07 pm

What are you referring to with Emanuel?

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:07 am

rahulg91 wrote:

What are you referring to with Emanuel?

Google emanuel for bar.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�