FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS [VOTE AGAIN] Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

When will BOLE released FEB NY BAR RESULTS?

April 20
11%
April 24
36%
April 25
17%
April 26
19%
April 27
11%
Later
6%

Total votes: 36

udonisandtrinity

Bronze

Re: FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS

Post by udonisandtrinity » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:22 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
jir92 wrote:BREAKING: So I'm one of those people and I emailed BOLE about last date to take survey and they said Apr. 23. Hmmm
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???
It means we are going to get more survey emails. :x
How many have you received? Funny I never got these when I took it in 2015-2016.

happyhour1122

Silver

Re: FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS [VOTE AGAIN]

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:26 pm

F17fighterpilot wrote:I've been watching this forum for well over a month now.
First off. Happyhour.. I feel your pain. It is so stressful to wonder whether or not you did "enough".
2): Happy.. if we pass. I'm buying you a bottle of bubbly.
3) I'm a metro-north ride away from the city, I'd like to join the whiskey worriers.
4) It's not going to be tonight.. let's get real here. I cannot survive thinking its going to be "TONIGHTTTT" for the next week.
5) Why did we decide to take the F17? All the foreign takers will drive down MBE mean scores making it harder for us to pass. I should have just waited for July.
6) I'm also pissed off about the 25 "pre-test questions" what does my raw score need to be now? a 115/175?
7) Efff that Trusts essay.
8) Pick a date
9) my logic has boiled down to.. i either answered enough questions correctly to pass.. or I didn't. Pretty Simple.
10) I studied my @$$ off. 75% barbri completion, critical pass note cards, 100s of giant handmade flow charts and another supplemental MBE book. I have averaging 115/200 in barbri midterm. And I was consistently getting 55-60% on their practice assignments. But I made a huge effort to learn the law I didn't know.. but even with all that studying the actual bar threw a lot of curves and who knows if any of the ones I stressed about where "pretest" questions or real ones? If I do have to take it again, I'll spend 0 time learning RAP and more understanding mortgages and grand jury stuff.
11) NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!! - Galaxy Quest
12) If I do not pass, back to the drawing board. I'm not going to kill myself this next time.. if there is a next time. I'm going to go to yoga every day, study adaptibar MBE questions and barbri MEE questions.
13) Remember.. this should make you feel good. MEE in NY = 30%.... so not going to be as painful as my NC friends that had a 60% essay value.
14) We made it through law school. It is a giant accomplishment to get this far.. and an honor to have the PRIVILEGE to take this test. Yeah, we're all getting older and we don't want to spend another half a year plus pulling our hair out, but keep your chin up. We are all go-getters. Nothing in my life has been "easy". But at the end of the day.. this is a 30+ year career. We'll look back and laugh at how everything seemed bottlenecked to this exam. (which it is). but I gained 15 pounds studying and stressing out.. I signed up for gym a few weeks ago and I have gone everyday. I feel so much better. We are all capable of passing this test and if not this time.. lets stick together!
15) (insert some braveheart-like speech here)

PM me for drinks and venting.
Hello new friend!
Seeing how nicely you broke down your facts, I give you pass on your exam.
One thing I may disagree. "All the foreign takers will drive down MBE mean scores making it harder for us to pass. I should have just waited for July." I think their MBE score is generally higher than many US educated. I thought I saw an article somewhere but can't find it. Their essays (I believe tend to be lower). Not 100%, but having too many foreign educated friends who took the bar, I don't know how much they will pull down the MBE score.

and yes.... never give up. Welcome to TLS or...I should say...welcome to this thread.

thanks for reminding that MEE in NY is only 30%. I can't get over how bad I've wrote...

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:35 pm

F17fighterpilot wrote: 5) Why did we decide to take the F17? All the foreign takers will drive down MBE mean scores making it harder for us to pass. I should have just waited for July.
115/200 in your midterm? Damn you should have waited for July...

(Foreign taker with a 125/200 midterm 8) )

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:39 pm

PersistentAttorney wrote:
F17fighterpilot wrote: 5) Why did we decide to take the F17? All the foreign takers will drive down MBE mean scores making it harder for us to pass. I should have just waited for July.

you just passed your bar exam as well. Congrats.

F17fighterpilot

New

Post by F17fighterpilot » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Wasn't trying to be rude. The statistics show lower percentages for foreign educated test-takers. No reason to make a jab at me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:42 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
PersistentAttorney wrote:

you just passed your bar exam as well. Congrats.
Thanks dear :lol:

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:43 pm

F17fighterpilot wrote:Wasn't trying to be rude. The statistics show lower percentages for foreign educated test-takers. No reason to make a jab at me.

I didn't see that argument coming. OMG, you just got an MBE score of 162 and essay score of 156. Congrats!!!!!!!!!

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:45 pm

F17fighterpilot wrote:Wasn't trying to be rude. The statistics show lower percentages for foreign educated test-takers. No reason to make a jab at me.
Sorry, you're right but I couldn't resist. Nevertheless, domestic takers' success wouldn't stand out as much if it weren't for us foreign takers. Now you have a lower success percentage to compare with.

F17fighterpilot

New

Post by F17fighterpilot » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:51 pm

ok . I apologize for the foreign-educated assumption. It made an ass out of me. I was just going off the NY Bar website that shows the breakdown percentages. But In all seriousness. could someone explain to me why the February test would see lower passage rates? Is it the number of repeat takers? There are a lot of factors. But a 10%+ difference between Feb and July seems high. Especially when coupled with the fact that MBE scores have hit an all-time low.. the fact that I received 4 survey emails... and the fact that our jurisdiction has their own secret way of scaling these exams makes me wonder if F17 is at an automatic disadvantage.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

F17fighterpilot

New

Post by F17fighterpilot » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:53 pm

also.. why cant they just hint in the subject line of our eventual email if we passed or not. I would not be hurt or opposed to it. I'm going to do the.. rip it off like a band-aid approach, but my heart rate will be through the roof.

GoBills4life

Bronze

Post by GoBills4life » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:56 pm

F17fighterpilot wrote:also.. why cant they just hint in the subject line of our eventual email if we passed or not. I would not be hurt or opposed to it. I'm going to do the.. rip it off like a band-aid approach, but my heart rate will be through the roof.
Same bro, same.

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:57 pm

F17fighterpilot wrote:ok . I apologize for the foreign-educated assumption. It made an ass out of me. I was just going off the NY Bar website that shows the breakdown percentages. But In all seriousness. could someone explain to me why the February test would see lower passage rates? Is it the number of repeat takers? There are a lot of factors. But a 10%+ difference between Feb and July seems high. Especially when coupled with the fact that MBE scores have hit an all-time low.. the fact that I received 4 survey emails... and the fact that our jurisdiction has their own secret way of scaling these exams makes me wonder if F17 is at an automatic disadvantage.
More repeaters who statistically have the tendency to fail including (foreign-takers) as they struggle with the format of the exam generally. Taking the exam in February means that you are taking it mainly with repeaters or with first time takers who graduated in December. Your conclusions...

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:58 pm

GoBills4life wrote:
F17fighterpilot wrote:also.. why cant they just hint in the subject line of our eventual email if we passed or not. I would not be hurt or opposed to it. I'm going to do the.. rip it off like a band-aid approach, but my heart rate will be through the roof.
Same bro, same.
Less copy/pasting? Privacy issues? Who knows...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

F17fighterpilot

New

Post by F17fighterpilot » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 pm

My thoughts.. is that 25 pretest questions is not fair. Ok so they want to make the MEE and MPT more significant. But having 25 questions that are harder and more ambiguous leaves less time to spend on the actual test. and it's not like we get pretest MEE questions. The entire test should be pretest for the next iteration. I feel like they are the architect from the Matrix and we are Neo.. and they are telling us.. "well.. this is the 57th iteration of the MBE and many ones like you have come before and destroyed it.. so this time.. we made it harder.. no highlighters for you!"

Yup that's what I think. The UBE is not really as portable as it should be. Every jurisdiction has their own way of scaling the MBE.. so our scores are not truly transferable. Before adopting the UBE, many of these states near me had over 70% pass rates. I cant believe it is because of lower LSAT standards. LSAT has nothing to do with how well we did in law school. but maybe it is an indicator of one's test taking ability. screw it tho. We are all capable. If I had known that barbi was only teaching me the shallow end of the law, I would have done Themis or spent more time just reading the outline cover to cover rather than just using it when I needed to look up a wrong MBE question. This test did not feel like it covered bread and butter questions. Like.. where were all the PJ and SMJ civ pro questions.

topics that I felt the MBE lacked:

Insanity, Abortion, more than 1 search and seizure question, curtilage, invasion of privacy, commerce clause. Was it just me or did certain subjects like mortgages, damages, pre-trial procedure, executive powers and several others seemed over tested?

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:41 pm

GoBills4life wrote:
Same bro, same.
My heart rate is already through the roof with all this waiting. Is it possible to be constantly having a panic attack for a week straight?

GoBills4life

Bronze

Post by GoBills4life » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:43 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
Same bro, same.
My heart rate is already through the roof with all this waiting. Is it possible to be constantly having a panic attack for a week straight?
All this waiting for some strange reason makes me want to have a baybreeze with Batman

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:47 pm

GoBills4life wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
Same bro, same.
All this waiting for some strange reason makes me want to have a baybreeze with Batman
me too.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:55 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
Same bro, same.
me too.
I can, uh, bring my batsman snuggie to a bar? God knows I'll be drinking later, might as well make it vodka...

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:05 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
Same bro, same.
me too.
I can, uh, bring my batsman snuggie to a bar? God knows I'll be drinking later, might as well make it vodka...

if our results come out at 11:56pm.... i don't think i'll be able to sleep tonight.

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:20 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
Same bro, same.
me too.

if our results come out at 11:56pm.... i don't think i'll be able to sleep tonight.

That's what the vodka is for, duh.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:21 pm

pfff that don't put me to sleep. you weak! it gets me high.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:22 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:pfff that don't put me to sleep. you weak! it gets me high.
I haven't had enough vodka in a long time to put me to sleep. Nowadays a bottle of wine does it though.

Sheeit

New

Re: FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS

Post by Sheeit » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:40 pm

yankeeman86 wrote:
Sheeit wrote:
udonisandtrinity wrote:
Sheeit wrote:
jir92 wrote:For those who received bar results in the past, are there any "signs" or signals on like, the bar website, that hinted results were imminent.
Not that I can remember. The July 2016 release was around the same date that past results had been released. That's probably your best bet here.

Edit: Found this for reference. It's worth noting that the UBE format didn't allow them to grade any faster or slower for July. The July 2016 release was within the spread of prior release dates.

2016: Results released on Tuesday, April 26, 2014 (4,193 takers)
2015: Results released on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 (3,997 takers)
2014: Results released on Thursday, April 24, 2014 (4,032 takers)
2013: Results released on Thursday, May 2, 2013 (4,152 takers)
2012: Results released on Wednesday, May 2, 2012 (4,011 takers)
2011: Results released on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 (3,881 takers)
2010: Results released on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 (4,031 takers)
2009: Results released on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 (3,560 takers)
Release as in email? I received my score on April 27, 2015 not April 28, 2015.
Released to the public. The emails seem like they are sent out the day before.
Funny. I received an email on April 26, 2016. Looks like there is a typo. Your information is suspect.
That's as legit of a reason as I have ever heard to discredit an entire post.

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:16 pm

I want to hear from the five people who honestly and genuinely think the results are going to come out tonight. :roll:

scoomer

New

Post by scoomer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:40 pm

Where are the statistics? I'm a first time foreign taker with an MBE scaled score of 148.4, (wondering if it could've been higher if I'd taken in July). Passed MA, waiting for NY desperately! My law school said that February has a low mean score because of foreign re-takers as well as american re-takers, and apparently the statistics for re-takers passing is low. So, I don't think it's fair to single out foreign takers alone. Many of my foreign bar takers passed NY at their first go. I hope I do too! Good luck to everyone!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”