2017 DC Bar - July Edition

ConfusedL1

2017 DC Bar - July Edition

Postby ConfusedL1 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:10 am

Checking in!

guyindfw

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition

Postby guyindfw » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:43 pm

I am planning to take the DC bar this July. Did the Feb exam go smoothly? There were some issues in July 2016 (three hour delay) so am bit worried.

goodxkarma

Postby goodxkarma » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:19 pm

guyindfw wrote:I am planning to take the DC bar this July. Did the Feb exam go smoothly? There were some issues in July 2016 (three hour delay) so am bit worried.

A friend of mine took both the July 2016 and February 2017 DC Bar exams, and she said February went off without a hitch.

LaShuanMichelle

Postby LaShuanMichelle » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:09 am

Checking in... just started studying using Kaplan. I graduated in 2015, so I'm a little nervous about the 2 year delay but am hopeful that if I follow & Complete the full bar prep program I will be in good shape.

Just started review the threads in this forum looking for tips & study groups... please feel free to point me in the right direction...

lgp876

Postby lgp876 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi guys, just chiming in.

I am taking the DC bar this July also. I failed VA twice but scored above 133 on the MBE both times, so I'm transferring my MBE score to DC in hopes that focusing only on the essays will help me get a passing score. Does anyone have any advice on which study materials to use for the MEEs and MPTs? I used Kaplan the first time and self studied with Adaptibar the second time. Totally clueless on what to use this time around since I'm not familiar with the UBE.

mlee001

Postby mlee001 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:42 pm

lgp876 wrote:Hi guys, just chiming in.

I am taking the DC bar this July also. I failed VA twice but scored above 133 on the MBE both times, so I'm transferring my MBE score to DC in hopes that focusing only on the essays will help me get a passing score. Does anyone have any advice on which study materials to use for the MEEs and MPTs? I used Kaplan the first time and self studied with Adaptibar the second time. Totally clueless on what to use this time around since I'm not familiar with the UBE.

I've seen Studicata mentioned on these forums several times for the MEE. Seems to have pretty positive reviews. Thoughts?

Here's the sample I've seen: http://goo.gl/CVMg5F

guyindfw

Postby guyindfw » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:56 am

mlee001 wrote:

I've seen Studicata mentioned on these forums several times for the MEE. Seems to have pretty positive reviews. Thoughts?

Here's the sample I've seen: http://goo.gl/CVMg5F

Please PM me. We can pool up to buy some of these outlines.

Also PM me if interested in communicating while studying. (study buddy)

guyindfw

Postby guyindfw » Wed May 03, 2017 10:12 am

Hope all of you have submitted the application. Today is the deadline without late fees.

those studying for your finals, good luck.

lolabear727

Postby lolabear727 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Is that possible? If I passed FL in 2015, I would LOVE to send my MBE score from that administration to NY for the UBE. I didn't think I was allowed to do that.

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed May 03, 2017 12:37 pm

lolabear727 wrote:

Is that possible? If I passed FL in 2015, I would LOVE to send my MBE score from that administration to NY for the UBE. I didn't think I was allowed to do that.

DC allows this, but I don't think NY does.

lolabear727

Postby lolabear727 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:39 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

Hmm.. maybe I should have taken the UBE somewhere else. Now it's too late to apply for the DC bar.

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed May 03, 2017 12:40 pm

You likely already know this, but MPT is more important in DC than in other UBE jurisdictions.

In other UBE states like NY, the score breakdown is MBE (50%), MEE (30%), and MPT (20%).

But in DC, it is MBC (50%), MEE (25%), and MPT (25%).

Good luck :)

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed May 03, 2017 12:42 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

Hmm.. maybe I should have taken the UBE somewhere else. Now it's too late to apply for the DC bar.

Well, but if you transfer your MBE score to DC, then you don't earn a portable UBE score. As long as you get 133 or higher on the essay portion, you pass and can get barred in DC, but nowhere else.

PunkWonkMike

Postby PunkWonkMike » Wed May 03, 2017 1:05 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

Well, but if you transfer your MBE score to DC, then you don't earn a portable UBE score. As long as you get 133 or higher on the essay portion, you pass and can get barred in DC, but nowhere else.

PunkWonkMike

Postby PunkWonkMike » Wed May 03, 2017 1:07 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

Also, I think there is a time limit (one year, maybe?) that your previous successful MBE in another jurisdiction can be used in DC.

lgp876

Postby lgp876 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:15 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:

You likely already know this, but MPT is more important in DC than in other UBE jurisdictions.

In other UBE states like NY, the score breakdown is MBE (50%), MEE (30%), and MPT (20%).

But in DC, it is MBC (50%), MEE (25%), and MPT (25%).

Good luck :)

No, I had no idea about the MPT score in DC. Thought the breakdown was the same in all the UBE states. This gives me hope!

Thanks for sharing :)

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”