2017 DC Bar - July Edition - SWEAR IN DEC 4/5! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

How many times will you refresh the court webpage prior to 1pm Thursday?

PASSED! YES!
80%
See you in February : (
20%
Nope. I'm done with this.
No votes

Total votes: 30

daisy2012

New

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Post by daisy2012 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:12 pm

ConfusedL1 wrote:From the February thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7#p9986167

"I passed the February exam, and today I received my score break out in the mail (from the admissions committee). My score was broken out by MBE score and the written component score. The envelope was postmarked yesterday (5/17/17). I live in the District, only a few blocks from the Court of Appeals. The mailing also included an attachment indicating that I haven't been approved for swearing in because they are either currently reviewing my responses to questions on my application or they are awaiting completion of my character and fitness report."
Does anyone know, if there are these kind of delays, how regularly they hold other swearing in dates? Provided everything gets sorted with C&F, do you then have to wait for the swearing in for those who take the Feb. bar? Or would there be some date in the middle for people who passed July but had C&F or other delays?

kingjoffrey

New

Post by kingjoffrey » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:04 am

daisy2012 wrote:
ConfusedL1 wrote:From the February thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7#p9986167

"I passed the February exam, and today I received my score break out in the mail (from the admissions committee). My score was broken out by MBE score and the written component score. The envelope was postmarked yesterday (5/17/17). I live in the District, only a few blocks from the Court of Appeals. The mailing also included an attachment indicating that I haven't been approved for swearing in because they are either currently reviewing my responses to questions on my application or they are awaiting completion of my character and fitness report."
Does anyone know, if there are these kind of delays, how regularly they hold other swearing in dates? Provided everything gets sorted with C&F, do you then have to wait for the swearing in for those who take the Feb. bar? Or would there be some date in the middle for people who passed July but had C&F or other delays?
According to this ATL post: https://abovethelaw.com/2017/06/when-oh ... earing-in/
For the Feb. DC bar, only 80 people out of 230 who passed were cleared immediately for admission!? Hopefully that isn't the case here...I really hope to see something today. Fingers crossed!

"In other words, the July swearing-in applies to the 80 candidates certified for admission, not to all 230 bar exam passers. Congratulations to all 230 on passing the bar, and congrats to the 80 on your upcoming admission!""

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Got an email confirming swear in date!

"Congratulations! The Committee on Admissions has certified your admission to the Bar of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.

You must appear in person to be administered the oath of admission on 12/4/2017 at 12PM. If it is impossible for you to appear on this date, your alternate date is 2/5/2018 at 12PM. You do not need to confirm your appointment or to advise the Committee of your choice of the alternate court date."

lowdmouse

New

Post by lowdmouse » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:40 pm

ConfusedL1 wrote:Got an email confirming swear in date!

"Congratulations! The Committee on Admissions has certified your admission to the Bar of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.

You must appear in person to be administered the oath of admission on 12/4/2017 at 12PM. If it is impossible for you to appear on this date, your alternate date is 2/5/2018 at 12PM. You do not need to confirm your appointment or to advise the Committee of your choice of the alternate court date."
What was the status of your C&F tab before today? "Receipt of C&F Report" or something else?

kingjoffrey

New

Post by kingjoffrey » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:44 pm

lowdmouse wrote:

What was the status of your C&F tab before today? "Receipt of C&F Report" or something else?
Mine was "receipt." Anyone else not receive this email? I guess I'm hoping it's being sent in waves or something at this point.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lowdmouse

New

Post by lowdmouse » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:50 pm

kingjoffrey wrote:
lowdmouse wrote:

Mine was "receipt." Anyone else not receive this email? I guess I'm hoping it's being sent in waves or something at this point.

Mine was "in receipt" and I haven't gotten the email. I'm trying to figure out if people who got the email had already had their C&F fully processed.

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:53 pm

lowdmouse wrote:
kingjoffrey wrote:
lowdmouse wrote:

Mine was "in receipt" and I haven't gotten the email. I'm trying to figure out if people who got the email had already had their C&F fully processed.
Mine was "receipt" or received or whatever

itdepends69

New

Post by itdepends69 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:58 pm

I haven't gotten an email yet.

C & F status was "pending report" or whatever last time it was visible even though NCBE had already sent report. Uggghhhh.

jacketyellow

Bronze

Post by jacketyellow » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:01 pm

kingjoffrey wrote:
lowdmouse wrote:

I received an email. My tab was at "receipt" and now it is saying "swear in."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nmic

New

Post by nmic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:03 pm

itdepends69 wrote:I haven't gotten an email yet.

C & F status was "pending report" or whatever last time it was visible even though NCBE had already sent report. Uggghhhh.
Same here. I'm still unable to log in. :|

jacketyellow

Bronze

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - SWEAR IN DEC 4/5!

Post by jacketyellow » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:05 pm

They may be sending the emails in waves. My C&F report was only received by the DCCA 2 weeks ago, and if mine was already approved, I'm sure yours have been. They sent bar scores in waves as well, so just wait and see. I'm sure it'll come later today or tomorrow.

itdepends69

New

Post by itdepends69 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:27 pm

jacketyellow wrote:They may be sending the emails in waves. My C&F report was only received by the DCCA 2 weeks ago, and if mine was already approved, I'm sure yours have been. They sent bar scores in waves as well, so just wait and see. I'm sure it'll come later today or tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing this info, that is reassuring.

daisy2012

New

Post by daisy2012 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:24 pm

kingjoffrey wrote:
lowdmouse wrote:

I'm assuming it was receipt without the little yellow hourglass beside it?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kingjoffrey

New

Post by kingjoffrey » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:27 pm

Figured I'd post a reply that I got my email, after not having it all morning.

JustaQ

New

Post by JustaQ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:03 pm

Can we bring family to this thing/is it common?

Hoosier2

New

Post by Hoosier2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:00 pm

JustaQ wrote:Can we bring family to this thing/is it common?
Does anyone know?

lowdmouse

New

Post by lowdmouse » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:42 am

FYI, the results of my constant badgering:

"We are continuing to send out notifications. So far 500 applicants have been certified. If you do not receive a notice today for the December swear in you will be certified for the January 5th ceremony.

Committee on Admissions"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jacketyellow

Bronze

Post by jacketyellow » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:53 am

Hoosier2 wrote:
JustaQ wrote:Can we bring family to this thing/is it common?
Does anyone know?
You can bring family, as there is usually a small overflow room.

itdepends69

New

Post by itdepends69 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:49 pm

FYI I got my email at 10:25am for Monday swear-in. Good lord.

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:03 am

Do the earliest we could of had the form notarized was yesterday right? 3 business days before Monday swear in?

tls123456

New

Post by tls123456 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:56 pm

Does anyone know where I can find the Application ID No. is for our Supplemental Questionnaire form?
I found 2 separate "ID #s" - one from the exam and one from an email from DCCA.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Marlins

New

Post by Marlins » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Are you required to attend the "Mandatory Course on the D.C. Rules of Professional Conduct" if you've already completed the mandatory course on professionalism in another jurisdiction (e.g. Florida)?

gta

Bronze

Post by gta » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:42 am

tls123456 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find the Application ID No. is for our Supplemental Questionnaire form?
I asked and was told the number to put in that box is the Exam ID number, which I think is five digits or may be four digits for some people.

tls123456

New

Post by tls123456 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:41 pm

gta wrote:
tls123456 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find the Application ID No. is for our Supplemental Questionnaire form?
I asked and was told the number to put in that box is the Exam ID number, which I think is five digits or may be four digits for some people.
Thank you!!!

daisy2012

New

Post by daisy2012 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:06 pm

gta wrote:
Hmm I asked and was told to leave it blank ...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”