2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

How many times will you refresh the court webpage prior to 1pm Thursday?

PASSED! YES!
23
82%
See you in February : (
5
18%
Nope. I'm done with this.
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 28

RDA2930
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - RESULTS THIS THURSDAY AT 1PM!!!

Postby RDA2930 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 am

Anyone have any insight on when our actual scores will be mailed out?

hs8738
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - RESULTS THIS THURSDAY AT 1PM!!!

Postby hs8738 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:08 am

RDA2930 wrote:Anyone have any insight on when our actual scores will be mailed out?


To my knowledge, DC does not send out scores.

You have to go to NCBE website and pay $25 to get your score.

It will take about 2days to get your score from NCBE.

It's the cheapest shit I've ever heard, but it is true.

RDA2930
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - RESULTS THIS THURSDAY AT 1PM!!!

Postby RDA2930 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:11 am

hs8738 wrote:
RDA2930 wrote:Anyone have any insight on when our actual scores will be mailed out?


To my knowledge, DC does not send out scores.

You have to go to NCBE website and pay $25 to get your score.

It will take about 2days to get your score from NCBE.

It's the cheapest shit I've ever heard, but it is true.

LOL wtf. Okay thanks!

ConfusedL1
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - RESULTS THIS THURSDAY AT 1PM!!!

Postby ConfusedL1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:16 am

RDA2930 wrote:
hs8738 wrote:
RDA2930 wrote:Anyone have any insight on when our actual scores will be mailed out?


To my knowledge, DC does not send out scores.

You have to go to NCBE website and pay $25 to get your score.

It will take about 2days to get your score from NCBE.

It's the cheapest shit I've ever heard, but it is true.

LOL wtf. Okay thanks!


Are you absolutely sure about this?

hs8738
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - RESULTS THIS THURSDAY AT 1PM!!!

Postby hs8738 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:30 am

ConfusedL1 wrote:
RDA2930 wrote:
hs8738 wrote:
RDA2930 wrote:Anyone have any insight on when our actual scores will be mailed out?


To my knowledge, DC does not send out scores.

You have to go to NCBE website and pay $25 to get your score.

It will take about 2days to get your score from NCBE.

It's the cheapest shit I've ever heard, but it is true.

LOL wtf. Okay thanks!


Are you absolutely sure about this?


I heard this from a person who failed the February test and passed this July DC bar.
She already paid $25 on the NCBE site and requested her score card.

If you want to be sure, check with the bar committee.

kingjoffrey
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - RESULTS THIS THURSDAY AT 1PM!!!

Postby kingjoffrey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:15 am

$25 to get your scores, gah. These are the states with a higher UBE requirement if you're curious (DC is 266):

270 Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming
272 Idaho
273 Arizona
274 Oregon
276 Colorado, Maine
280 Alaska

JustaQ
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - RESULTS THIS THURSDAY AT 1PM!!!

Postby JustaQ » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:26 am

Confirmed with COA that scores will be emailed by end of next week.

Hoosier2
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:54 am

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - RESULTS THIS THURSDAY AT 1PM!!!

Postby Hoosier2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:32 am

JustaQ wrote:Confirmed with COA that scores will be emailed by end of next week.


Should have waited before ordering from NCBE lol

hs8738
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - RESULTS THIS THURSDAY AT 1PM!!!

Postby hs8738 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Hoosier2 wrote:
JustaQ wrote:Confirmed with COA that scores will be emailed by end of next week.


Should have waited before ordering from NCBE lol


Holy shit. I am sorry for passing out wrong information.

Hoosier2
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:54 am

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - RESULTS THIS THURSDAY AT 1PM!!!

Postby Hoosier2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:22 pm

hs8738 wrote:
Hoosier2 wrote:
JustaQ wrote:Confirmed with COA that scores will be emailed by end of next week.


Should have waited before ordering from NCBE lol


Holy shit. I am sorry for passing out wrong information.


It happens. Don't worry about it. I was just excited to get the score.

ConfusedL1
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby ConfusedL1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:43 am

Anyone know when our C&Fs should be done? Like is this going to come down to the wire before the swearing in date Dec. 4?

gta
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby gta » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:03 am

I asked to confirm that all swearing-in dates were actually December 4, which seemed like a straightforward question, as I would like to plan my travel from many states away. In one of the least-helpful possible responses, I was told to wait for my letter and that all information would be in the letter.

I know that the results document indicates that everyone will be on December 4 at various times, but I wanted to confirm before buying a flight - knowing that if anyone could get that detail wrong, it would be the DC Bar Committee. So if anyone else has managed to get this locked down and confirmed, I would appreciate knowing that!

ConfusedL1
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby ConfusedL1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:11 am

gta wrote:I asked to confirm that all swearing-in dates were actually December 4, which seemed like a straightforward question, as I would like to plan my travel from many states away. In one of the least-helpful possible responses, I was told to wait for my letter and that all information would be in the letter.

I know that the results document indicates that everyone will be on December 4 at various times, but I wanted to confirm before buying a flight - knowing that if anyone could get that detail wrong, it would be the DC Bar Committee. So if anyone else has managed to get this locked down and confirmed, I would appreciate knowing that!


did they say when they were going to send letters?

gta
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby gta » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 am

ConfusedL1 wrote:did they say when they were going to send letters?


No. This was by email. Might try calling in the next few days to confirm as well.

Hoosier2
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:54 am

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby Hoosier2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:24 am

gta wrote:
ConfusedL1 wrote:did they say when they were going to send letters?


No. This was by email. Might try calling in the next few days to confirm as well.


Thank you for reaching out to them. I'm sure there are quite a few of us who will need to make travel arrangements.

nmic
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby nmic » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:14 pm

Apparently we won't be getting confirmation until the week of November 27th :!: :!: :!: :!:

ConfusedL1
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby ConfusedL1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:35 pm

nmic wrote:Apparently we won't be getting confirmation until the week of November 27th :!: :!: :!: :!:


Confirmation of what? The swear in date? Our C&F? What?

nmic
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby nmic » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:50 pm

ConfusedL1 wrote:
nmic wrote:Apparently we won't be getting confirmation until the week of November 27th :!: :!: :!: :!:


Confirmation of what? The swear in date? Our C&F? What?


The notification that we passed the C&F and our invitation to the ceremony. And confirmation that we can bring any guests.

ConfusedL1
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby ConfusedL1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:04 pm

nmic wrote:
ConfusedL1 wrote:
nmic wrote:Apparently we won't be getting confirmation until the week of November 27th :!: :!: :!: :!:


Confirmation of what? The swear in date? Our C&F? What?


The notification that we passed the C&F and our invitation to the ceremony. And confirmation that we can bring any guests.


:shock: :( :( :(

jacketyellow
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby jacketyellow » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:46 pm

.
Last edited by jacketyellow on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jacketyellow
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby jacketyellow » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:22 pm

Scores have been emailed.

Jlaw101
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:30 am

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby Jlaw101 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:34 am

jacketyellow wrote:Scores have been emailed.


I didn't get an email, did everyone else?

Hoosier2
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:54 am

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby Hoosier2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:19 am

Jlaw101 wrote:
jacketyellow wrote:Scores have been emailed.


I didn't get an email, did everyone else?


I haven't received one either

jacketyellow
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby jacketyellow » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:55 am

Hoosier2 wrote:
Jlaw101 wrote:
jacketyellow wrote:Scores have been emailed.


I didn't get an email, did everyone else?


I haven't received one either


They may still be working on them. Most of my friends received scores; some of them didn't. They all passed.

Dee90
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Postby Dee90 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:42 pm

jacketyellow wrote:
Hoosier2 wrote:
Jlaw101 wrote:
jacketyellow wrote:Scores have been emailed.


I didn't get an email, did everyone else?


I haven't received one either


They may still be working on them. Most of my friends received scores; some of them didn't. They all passed.



I just spoke to them and they said that the woman in charge of sending out scores "isn't here today or Monday." She started sending them out yesterday, but didn't finish. The rest of the scores will be emailed on Tuesday.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PorscheFanatic and 4 guests