New

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby ACogliano » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:44 pm

ACogliano wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote::P ㅕ
ACogliano wrote:
WaitingforNJ25 wrote:Well congrats AC for passing the bar

Haha thanks :)

What did you mean by you have fifth name?

My dads last name is Benedict so I was Angelica Patrice Adelaide Cogliano Benedict. But I got the Benedict legally removed. #daddyissues

Geez guys. Making fun of my name. Saying you didn't like sitting next to me. Bringing out my daddy issues. The internet is a cruel world.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:47 pm

ACogliano wrote:
ACogliano wrote:
ACogliano wrote:

My dads last name is Benedict so I was Angelica Patrice Adelaide Cogliano Benedict. But I got the Benedict legally removed. #daddyissues

Geez guys. Making fun of my name. Saying you didn't like sitting next to me. Bringing out my daddy issues. The internet is a cruel world.

want some choco ice cream? :lol: :lol:

WaitingforNJ25

New

Postby WaitingforNJ25 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:12 pm

Ice cream sounds good right now... especially Thai-style ice cream rolls

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 pm

Guys this has been such a wild experience. Thanks to everyone who didn't post fake shit and was with us through this crazy fucking time. <3

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:59 pm

cnk1220 wrote:Lol I'm dying at this. We mean no harm ang! Welcome, be our friend *waving emoji* congrats on passing!

BEST thing I have read on this thread!!! haha!!

Welcome Ang! :D

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:18 am

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:Guys this has been such a wild experience. Thanks to everyone who didn't post fake shit and was with us through this crazy fucking time. <3

It was fun!

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:30 am

I'm being sworn in on June 28th!
Anyone else 3rd dep?

lolabear727

Bronze

Postby lolabear727 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:16 am

ACogliano wrote:
ACogliano wrote:
ACogliano wrote:

OMG.. this was waaaaayyy cheaper (and quicker) than any counseling sessions!

lolabear727

Bronze

Postby lolabear727 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:25 am

If anyone is still hanging out on this thread... Quick question - Emanuel for MBE or Adaptibar and WHY??

A little background on me - I am currently barred in FL, I used Barbri course and Adpatibar to pass FL and I think it helped greatly. I used Adaptibar and Barbri books to take NY. I failed February 2017 with a 125 MBE (The worst I have ever done). I'm debating on purchasing Adaptibar again for $215 or just buying the Emanuel books. I think they will come out to about the same price. The things I liked about Adaptibar was the portability and ability to answer questions on the go and you didn't have to carry around a book. Also, as soon a you answered a questions you got the synopsis of the answer and the reasoning for the wrong answers. Also you can easily get your percentage of questions right and wrong and could focus on those areas, etc.

I haven't used Emanuel but I have heard wonderful things about it. Not sure if I should change it up this time around. To be honest the people that I have known that have used Emanuel have always scored higher on MBE (this is not scientific by any means). However, people that used Adaptibar still passed with good margins.

Thoughts and tips are greatly appreciated!

- CNK you are making me really consider Emanuel, so feel free to sit this one out if you are over typing out responses.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:47 am

lolabear727 wrote:If anyone is still hanging out on this thread... Quick question - Emanuel for MBE or Adaptibar and WHY??

A little background on me - I am currently barred in FL, I used Barbri course and Adpatibar to pass FL and I think it helped greatly. I used Adaptibar and Barbri books to take NY. I failed February 2017 with a 125 MBE (The worst I have ever done). I'm debating on purchasing Adaptibar again for $215 or just buying the Emanuel books. I think they will come out to about the same price. The things I liked about Adaptibar was the portability and ability to answer questions on the go and you didn't have to carry around a book. Also, as soon a you answered a questions you got the synopsis of the answer and the reasoning for the wrong answers. Also you can easily get your percentage of questions right and wrong and could focus on those areas, etc.

I haven't used Emanuel but I have heard wonderful things about it. Not sure if I should change it up this time around. To be honest the people that I have known that have used Emanuel have always scored higher on MBE (this is not scientific by any means). However, people that used Adaptibar still passed with good margins.

- CNK you are making me really consider Emanuel, so feel free to sit this one out if you are over typing out responses.

I took Emanuel as well.
all versions. Hands down. WHY? 1) real questions 2) cheaper than Adaptibar 3) great explanations 4) doesn't play mind games 5) organized 6)each books don't contain overlapping questions.

keepgoing2016

New

Postby keepgoing2016 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:49 am

lolabear727 wrote:If anyone is still hanging out on this thread... Quick question - Emanuel for MBE or Adaptibar and WHY??

Are you in a position to buy both? I found it useful using both as I could do the Adaptibar questions whilst on my commute to work or even when queuing for coffee in Starbucks and is a fantastic tool to track your progress. Emanuel book is great as he provides detailed explanations of right and wrong answers.

lolabear727

Bronze

Postby lolabear727 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:05 pm

keepgoing2016 wrote:

Are you in a position to buy both? I found it useful using both as I could do the Adaptibar questions whilst on my commute to work or even when queuing for coffee in Starbucks and is a fantastic tool to track your progress. Emanuel book is great as he provides detailed explanations of right and wrong answers.

I am I was just trying to avoid it if I could.. ugh. I agree with you on the tracking and portability. But I think I may want to try the books.

lolabear727

Bronze

Postby lolabear727 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:21 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:

I took Emanuel as well.
all versions. Hands down. WHY? 1) real questions 2) cheaper than Adaptibar 3) great explanations 4) doesn't play mind games 5) organized 6)each books don't contain overlapping questions.

Thanks, HH! When you say all versions do you mean editions?? Someone just gave me the 5th edition book but that is 5 years old now.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:24 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

I took Emanuel as well.

Thanks, HH! When you say all versions do you mean editions?? Someone just gave me the 5th edition book but that is 5 years old now.

You shouldn't to both cos questions overlap and you won't have time to do all. Also, 5 year old questions are still questions. Don't throw it away.

Get two recent books and do ncbe questions you have.
Using them for mbe should be enough. Don't lose focus on essays however.

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:36 pm

What happened to bills??

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Sun May 07, 2017 5:53 pm

cnk1220 wrote:What happened to bills??

Calling Bills! Bills!

lolabear727

Bronze

Postby lolabear727 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:31 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:

Calling Bills! Bills!

Yeah... Bills!!! Where are you....!!!

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Sun May 07, 2017 8:55 pm

lolabear727 wrote:

Calling Bills! Bills!

I'm so crazy, I literally am worried something happened to him.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Sun May 07, 2017 10:28 pm

lolabear727 wrote:

Calling Bills! Bills!

I'm so crazy, I literally am worried something happened to him.

Either he failed
Or he passed
Or hurt.

lawst_

New

Postby lawst_ » Mon May 08, 2017 1:20 pm

I literally came back here to see if Bills ever responded. :(

WaitingforNJ25

New

Postby WaitingforNJ25 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Not gonna lie, this thread was the highlight of my life while waiting for my result...

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:36 pm

WaitingforNJ25 wrote:Not gonna lie, this thread was the highlight of my life while waiting for my result...

You're welcome! :)

WaitingforNJ25

New

Postby WaitingforNJ25 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:44 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
WaitingforNJ25 wrote:Not gonna lie, this thread was the highlight of my life while waiting for my result...

Lol i know ur taking the Cali bar on February, if I'm not gone for JAG training by then (or I'm back by then), I'm also going to be taking the Cali bar too. Guess I'll see you on that threat too!

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:58 pm

WaitingforNJ25 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

Lol i know ur taking the Cali bar on February, if I'm not gone for JAG training by then (or I'm back by then), I'm also going to be taking the Cali bar too. Guess I'll see you on that threat too!

See you there! #insanity

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:01 am

cnk1220 wrote:
WaitingforNJ25 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

See you there! #insanity

cali bar? you go girl!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?