NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
musicdiplomacy

New

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby musicdiplomacy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:36 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:is there a press release up yet? Googled my name and nothing came up, just getting in now... time to open it i guess = (

List of names goes up tomorrow. Open it!!! We believe in you.

maxmartin

Silver

Postby maxmartin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:01 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:is there a press release up yet? Googled my name and nothing came up, just getting in now... time to open it i guess = (

BEST WISHES!!!

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Postby gladiator0flaw11 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:42 pm

musicdiplomacy wrote:

Thank you!! Being I waited this long, I decided to find out based on the list of names when it goes up. Where is it going to be published on the main nybar website? Better be initials with AC on there lmao

musicdiplomacy

New

Postby musicdiplomacy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:15 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
musicdiplomacy wrote:

Thank you!! Being I waited this long, I decided to find out based on the list of names when it goes up. Where is it going to be published on the main nybar website? Better be initials with AC on there lmao

Pretty sure it will be posted here: https://www.nybarexam.org/Lookup.html

Fingers crossed!

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Klb220 wrote:I'm so sad I failed by 4 points I can't stop crying I don't even know where to start. I don't have barbri anymore does anyone recommend something else for me.

Hey friend! As A fourth time taker who just passed I don't think there's any perfect course. It's just a matter you what you need to do and a little bit of luck! Feel free to use your free retaking of Barbri. If not I took Barbri passed Pennsylvania and New Jersey with it. I just took New York with Kaplan because they had the better rate. I've also for heard good things about adaptabar for your MBE.

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:48 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:Failed with terrible essays! 134 MBE. So heartbroken :( . Don't think I have the will to go again. I'm a terribly slow writer. I don't know how I can improve my essay scores.

You can! And you will! As a fourth time taker who just passed i feel i can say that. I worked full-time every time i took it until this time when I finally asked my current employer for the time off. It worked to my benefit! I just follower my course and essentially the mathematical way this bar exam works. Or use the formula of how they want to see their essays. How they want to see ther MPTS. And how to approach MBE questions. No there's no perfect system. But there is a way to navigate it.

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:52 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
HopefulSara101 wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
HopefulSara101 wrote:PASSED!!

As a 4th time taker who has finaly passed, for any of you out there who didn't get the news u wanted, know you can do it!! If you want it badly enough and persist, it is yours!

Also, I am here for anyone who wants to talk to someone who has "been there." Honestly, talking to people who haven't is hard. They try. But don't get it. I am here! Please PM me!

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Thank yoy!!

Congrats sara!

Thank you! Buy extra Sephora stuff for me! Mom and I was saving for a new car now that she knows her awesome job and secure! LOL

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:54 pm

lolabear727 wrote:

As a 4th time taker who has finaly passed, for any of you out there who didn't get the news u wanted, know you can do it!! If you want it badly enough and persist, it is yours!

Also, I am here for anyone who wants to talk to someone who has "been there." Honestly, talking to people who haven't is hard. They try. But don't get it. I am here! Please PM me!

So happy for you, Sara!! Yes! There is nothing more powerful for retakers then to know that your time will come even though you may feel devastated. I had to retake FL after my first attempt after failing by 1 point. The next time I killed it. I didn't pass NY this time around but I'm happy with my performance and I'm feeling excited for July! I hope people see your story and don't give up. There is room for everyone!!

Thank you so much! You are right! There's room for all of our success! And you are right too not give up! It's so important to persist when we have a dream. Persistence pays off! It is not futile!!

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:56 pm

keepgoing2016 wrote:

So pleased for you, well done!!!

Thank you so much! It's so nice to be out of the limo I've been in for a most two years now. And finally feel like I can move on!

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:56 pm

keepgoing2016 wrote:

So pleased for you, well done!!!

Thank you so much! It's so nice to be out of the limo I've been in for a most two years now. And finally feel like I can move on!

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:27 pm

HopefulSara101 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
HopefulSara101 wrote:
maxmartin wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Thank yoy!!

Congrats sara!

Thank you! Buy extra Sephora stuff for me! Mom and I was saving for a new car now that she knows her awesome job and secure! LOL

spent like over $300 at sephora at 2am lastnight LOL :)

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:36 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
HopefulSara101 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
HopefulSara101 wrote:
maxmartin wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Thank yoy!!

Congrats sara!

spent like over $300 at sephora at 2am lastnight LOL :)

MY KINDA GAL!!

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:11 am

My private message is fixed, those that needs help and advice on improving the score for july, please please please msg me.
I'm taking some time to recover from bole abuse. I'll respond whenever I can. But I promise you, I will be helpful in any way I can. :D

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:14 am

happyhour1122 wrote:My private message is fixed, those that needs help and advice on improving the score for july, please please please msg me.
I'm taking some time to recover from bole abuse. I'll respond whenever I can. But I promise you, I will be helpful in any way I can. :D

^ i ditto this. also, anyone can email me at misslawyer13@aol.com (its from when I was 13 and AOL was popular... don't judge me).

TheJuryMustDie

New

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:47 am

HopefulSara101 wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:Failed with terrible essays! 134 MBE. So heartbroken :( . Don't think I have the will to go again. I'm a terribly slow writer. I don't know how I can improve my essay scores.

You can! And you will! As a fourth time taker who just passed i feel i can say that. I worked full-time every time i took it until this time when I finally asked my current employer for the time off. It worked to my benefit! I just follower my course and essentially the mathematical way this bar exam works. Or use the formula of how they want to see their essays. How they want to see ther MPTS. And how to approach MBE questions. No there's no perfect system. But there is a way to navigate it.

Thanks for the encouragement Hopefulsara101! I don't have a choice than to persist. I will definitely be working on my essays. Many congratulations again on passing. You surely do deserve it. Enjoy the moment.

TheJuryMustDie

New

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:51 am

cnk1220 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:My private message is fixed, those that needs help and advice on improving the score for july, please please please msg me.

^ i ditto this. also, anyone can email me at misslawyer13@aol.com (its from when I was 13 and AOL was popular... don't judge me).

I'll take you up on that ladies. So desperate to find a better formula for my essays. I know I have to improve my MBE too. I only did about 200 practice questions and got a 134.

Congratulations again!

henbrag

New

Postby henbrag » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:18 am

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:49 am

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

I'll take you up on that ladies. So desperate to find a better formula for my essays. I know I have to improve my MBE too. I only did about 200 practice questions and got a 134.

Congratulations again!

Thank you!

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:21 am

ok thejurymustdie,

can you resend me your msg?
I need to know more about your study.
what score you got last time, what you did to change, what went wrong this time, what you plan to change.
what materials you've used (or currently using), and what you "personally" think you need help on.

TBH there are a lot of professional bar companies and tutors who "could" be very helpful to many exam takers. However, I personally think retakers know more on how to "improve" the lacking score. PM me. You should be expected to start studying May 1st. Start solving questions June 1, continue solving questions AND writing essays July 1st. I'm going to gather all my notes and materials into a google doc, I'll send you the link on the weekend and we will go from there. Remember this is just an advice. You do not need to follow. But, this worked for me. I improved 35~40 points.

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Postby PersistentAttorney » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:50 am

Guys post your results here:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=268924

lolabear727

Bronze

Postby lolabear727 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:22 am

happyhour1122 wrote:ok thejurymustdie,

what score you got last time, what you did to change, what went wrong this time, what you plan to change.
what materials you've used (or currently using), and what you "personally" think you need help on.

TBH there are a lot of professional bar companies and tutors who "could" be very helpful to many exam takers. However, I personally think retakers know more on how to "improve" the lacking score. PM me. You should be expected to start studying May 1st. Start solving questions June 1, continue solving questions AND writing essays July 1st. I'm going to gather all my notes and materials into a google doc, I'll send you the link on the weekend and we will go from there. Remember this is just an advice. You do not need to follow. But, this worked for me. I improved 35~40 points.

Hey Happyhour - I tried to reply to your PM but it says your PMs are disabled.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:27 am

lolabear727 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:ok thejurymustdie,

Hey Happyhour - I tried to reply to your PM but it says your PMs are disabled.

WTF is wrong with this messaging system.!!!!!!!!!!!!11

musicdiplomacy

New

Postby musicdiplomacy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:08 pm

I think someone already posted it, but the list of names is up:

http://www.newyorklawjournal.com/id=120 ... ar-Results

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:13 pm

Its on the NY BOLE website too now

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:39 pm

I SAW MY NAME OMGOMGOGMGOMGOGOMG

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?