NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
GoBills4life

Bronze

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Post by GoBills4life » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:44 pm

Nyjdgirl wrote:
SouthCarolinaNewbie wrote:
batmanandbaybreezes wrote:I am not ready for this. I feel like I am standing in the middle of a highway with my eyes closed waiting to get hit by a truck.
Please open your eyes and make sure you are not standing in the middle of the highway.
im looking back at my july score
Essays: 125
MBE: 136

I just need 5 more points on essays! or 3 points one essay and 2 on MBE. ughhhhhhh please god please let me pass. im sure my MPT score went down bc the MPT were harder this time but they are only worth 20%. MBE in July felt horrible. This time it felt horribel too but i know my essays were better.

IS 136 even a good MBE score?!
I'd take a 136 on MBE. I feel like if my MBE gets me half way there, I should be ok. (What am I on family feud). Lol no use worrying about this now when scores will def be here in the next 30 hours.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 pm

In all seriousness though- I read about a student who took his life after he failed the J16 CA bar. I cried so hard for him and his family- truly such a shame that an exam caused that. So if anyone feels even slightly close to that please get help asap, an exam is not worth your life, you are loved xo!
Last edited by cnk1220 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoBills4life

Bronze

Post by GoBills4life » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:46 pm

cnk1220 wrote:In all seriousness though- I read about a student one who took his life after he failed the J16 CA bar. I cried so hard for him and his family- truly such a shame that an exam caused that. So if anyone feels even slightly close to that please get help asap, an exam is not worth your life, you are loved xo!
Please nobody here do that. That's so sad. Ditto what cnk said. However the cynical side of me thinks we are ok since more than 3/4 of feb takers are repeaters

SouthCarolinaNewbie

New

Post by SouthCarolinaNewbie » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Ditto--we're all family now.

SouthCarolinaNewbie

New

Post by SouthCarolinaNewbie » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:52 pm

For the love of God . . . why aren't their any good comedy movies out there right now--I need something totally mindless. Boss Baby, if it were available to rent, sounds great right now.

We are deciding between Lion and Hidden Figures. The thought of either of these movies makes me want to go hide and get eaten by a lion.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:53 pm

SouthCarolinaNewbie wrote:For the love of God . . . why aren't their any good comedy movies out there right now--I need something totally mindless. Boss Baby, if it were available to rent, sounds great right now.

We are deciding between Lion and Hidden Figures. The thought of either of these movies makes me want to go hide and get eaten by a lion.
Either of those sound not fun. Watch something funny! It's hard times

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Nyjdgirl wrote:
batmanandbaybreezes wrote:I am not ready for this. I feel like I am standing in the middle of a highway with my eyes closed waiting to get hit by a truck.
Please open your eyes and make sure you are not standing in the middle of the highway.

I just need 5 more points on essays! or 3 points one essay and 2 on MBE. ughhhhhhh please god please let me pass. im sure my MPT score went down bc the MPT were harder this time but they are only worth 20%. MBE in July felt horrible. This time it felt horribel too but i know my essays were better.

Yep. Perfectly fine. But it is the minimal score needed to pass FL. 136 on essays, 136 on MBE, or any combination thereof that would equate to 136 on both. The first time I took FL and failed i got a 135 on both.. Couldn't give me that extra point on one so I could have passed FL or MBE and not had to retake the whole thing. Second time around I got a 140 MBE and 160 on my essays, or something around that on my essays. I'm forgetting now. That means you would only need a 130 on your essays and I'm sure that is totally doable!

lilydog86

New

Post by lilydog86 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:58 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
lilydog86 wrote:
lilydog86 wrote:
batmanandbaybreezes wrote::cry:
That sounds great. I should get some ice cream. Or cookies.
I think I'm baking a cake. An entire cake. My kid is a baby, so he can't have any. My husband is in California on business. So the cake is just for me. I think I deserve this after all the waiting.
What kind of cake?
That I haven't decided yet. I have my cookbook open to the cakes section an haven't decided. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards chocolate...
Salted chocolate with caramel?
Go all out--make a million calorie pound cake. Top it off with the richest buttercream icing you can make--the more sugar and butter the better.
Nom. Nom. Nom. Calories don't count until after the bar results are back, right?

GoBills4life

Bronze

Post by GoBills4life » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:00 pm

I need someone to make it through this, will somebody please marry me? Yes this is an open marriage proposal to be my fiancé until results are released.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lilydog86

New

Post by lilydog86 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:00 pm

GoBills4life wrote:I need someone to make it through this, will somebody please marry me? Yes this is an open marriage proposal to be my fiancé until results are released.
What about Happy Hour?

GoBills4life

Bronze

Post by GoBills4life » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:01 pm

lilydog86 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:I need someone to make it through this, will somebody please marry me? Yes this is an open marriage proposal to be my fiancé until results are released.
What about Happy Hour?
We broke it off. What do you say lily? Will you marry me?

lilydog86

New

Post by lilydog86 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:03 pm

GoBills4life wrote:
lilydog86 wrote:
What about Happy Hour?
Well, my husband is in California so I tell ya what, get NY BOLE to release my results early... and I'll think about it.

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:04 pm

lilydog86 wrote:
lilydog86 wrote:
lilydog86 wrote:
I think I'm baking a cake. An entire cake. My kid is a baby, so he can't have any. My husband is in California on business. So the cake is just for me. I think I deserve this after all the waiting.
What kind of cake?
That I haven't decided yet. I have my cookbook open to the cakes section an haven't decided. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards chocolate...
Salted chocolate with caramel?
Go all out--make a million calorie pound cake. Top it off with the richest buttercream icing you can make--the more sugar and butter the better.
Nom. Nom. Nom. Calories don't count until after the bar results are back, right?[/quote]

My doctor told me this is a true fact.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GoBills4life

Bronze

Post by GoBills4life » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 pm

lilydog86 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
lilydog86 wrote:
What about Happy Hour?
Well, my husband is in California so I tell ya what, get NY BOLE to release my results early... and I'll think about it.
It's just an engagement until results are over....but ur married....any other takers?

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:06 pm

I'm so jealous if I eat anything right now I just feel anxiety and nausea overwhelm me, my 3pm snackaroo was proof

GoBills4life

Bronze

Post by GoBills4life » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Does anybody else want to be my fiancé until results come out? I'll even settle for g/f

lilydog86

New

Post by lilydog86 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:06 pm

GoBills4life wrote:
lilydog86 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
lilydog86 wrote:
What about Happy Hour?
It's just an engagement until results are over....but ur married....any other takers?
I wish you all the best in your brief potential engagement. May you find the happiness you seek. :wink:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:06 pm

GoBills4life wrote:
lilydog86 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
lilydog86 wrote:
What about Happy Hour?

You're way tooo romantic and nice for me, i prefer investment banker douche canoes who treat me shitty.

GoBills4life

Bronze

Post by GoBills4life » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:07 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
lilydog86 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
lilydog86 wrote:
What about Happy Hour?

You're way tooo romantic and nice for me, i prefer investment banker douche canoes who treat me shitty.
Haha, fine. Looks like I'm flying solo yet again

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:15 pm

DOes anyone honestly think it could be tonight?

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Saw this meme on insta, I loled

You can not expect to eat junk food and have abs

Well first of all, all things are possible through God so jot that down..

*does one sit up, checks for abs*

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:17 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:DOes anyone honestly think it could be tonight?

I think it could be tonight!! Survey wasnt available today maybe its a sign!!

poupeetttee

New

Post by poupeetttee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:18 pm

GoBills4life wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

I'd take a 136 on MBE. I feel like if my MBE gets me half way there, I should be ok. (What am I on family feud). Lol no use worrying about this now when scores will def be here in the next 30 hours.
I feel ya, got 130 mbe and 131 essays in July. Now the key is to grab few points here and there, knowing the MPT were awwfuull :(

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:19 pm

GoBills4life wrote:Does anybody else want to be my fiancé until results come out? I'll even settle for g/f
Depends on where in NY you live.. I think you said you were in Buffalo and judging from your SN I assume that is accurate..? I really can't see myself living in Buffalo as I am from FL.. However, everything is negotiable. :lol:

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:19 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:DOes anyone honestly think it could be tonight?
Yep! 60/40 for tonight.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”