NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:15 pm

puremorning wrote:
batmanandbaybreezes wrote:Casual plug by the way for those in NYC....I had dinner from Make Sandwich in Union Square and it was so fucking amazing. That sandwich gives me hope.

Oh nice! What kind of sandwich?

Chicken + Slaw = cold charred chicken, apple-date slaw, roasted garlic remoulade, ciabatta....the bread was fucking amazing, everything was delicious AF.

It was perfect

[Edit: how do I get these pictures to work???]

http://makesandwich.com/menu/ - scroll down to see it!!!
Last edited by batmanandbaybreezes on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

poupeetttee

New

Postby poupeetttee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:16 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
pra61391 wrote:A bit late to the party. Just wanted to say that you all have been a solid source of comfort for the past week. Glad to see that I'm not alone!

F17 was my second attempt at this. Scored a 261 in J16. Here's to hoping that we all passed and never have to deal with this wildly unhealthy anxiety again!

I scored a 261 too in July!!!! Only 5 points away from victory! What did you do differently this time?

I did barbri again, but did a couple of private tutor sessions for essay work. I bought the Emmanuel MBE book, and the Critical Pass flash cards as well.

Hi..... I also had 161 in J16....... what I did differently: stress less, use adaptibar. In July I only used Barbri.... I am so stressed..... Hopefully I improved.

lilydog86

New

Postby lilydog86 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:17 pm

puremorning wrote:
Yass girl yass

I agree. Stay up happyhour! Stay up with us!!!

I'm drinking from a 2 liter bottle of Coke to get me through the next few hours. No alcohol in house and baby is asleep so I can't leave. I wish I had Easter candy like the rest of you. :(

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:17 pm

I couldn't sleep at all last night. Don't know why i'm so sleepy tonight.
3rd cup of green tea :o :shock:

SouthCarolinaNewbie

New

Postby SouthCarolinaNewbie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:18 pm

Switching gears.

Chunky Monkey. Washing it down with Duckhorn sauvignon blanc.

pra61391

Bronze

Postby pra61391 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:18 pm

poupeetttee wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
pra61391 wrote:A bit late to the party. Just wanted to say that you all have been a solid source of comfort for the past week. Glad to see that I'm not alone!

F17 was my second attempt at this. Scored a 261 in J16. Here's to hoping that we all passed and never have to deal with this wildly unhealthy anxiety again!

I scored a 261 too in July!!!! Only 5 points away from victory! What did you do differently this time?

I did barbri again, but did a couple of private tutor sessions for essay work. I bought the Emmanuel MBE book, and the Critical Pass flash cards as well.

Hi..... I also had 161 in J16....... what I did differently: stress less, use adaptibar. In July I only used Barbri.... I am so stressed..... Hopefully I improved.

I also exercised for at least 60 minutes every morning before studying this time around. I really think that helped to clear my mind and allow me to absorb the material better

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:18 pm

SouthCarolinaNewbie wrote:Switching gears.

Chunky Monkey. Washing it down with Duckhorn sauvignon blanc.

Chardonnay over here

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:19 pm

how did you guys work on the essays?

lawjawn

New

Postby lawjawn » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:19 pm

tryna distract myself with season 3 of The Leftovers

if results don't come out tonight i will scream a lot

pra61391

Bronze

Postby pra61391 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:how did you guys work on the essays?

Outlined, outlined and outlined

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Chicken + Slaw = cold charred chicken, apple-date slaw, roasted garlic remoulade, ciabatta....the bread was fucking amazing, everything was delicious AF.

It was perfect

Idk how to make pictures work but that place looks tasty. The turkey and gouda sandwich seems totally up my alley.

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:22 pm

puremorning wrote:

It was perfect

Idk how to make pictures work but that place looks tasty. The turkey and gouda sandwich seems totally up my alley.

I had the turkey and gouda yesterday!!!!! I have an actual problem. I keep going way out of my way just to go back to this place because I love it so much. Plus they have this wild chocolate cookie that's tasty AF. And they sell canned wine!!!

lilydog86

New

Postby lilydog86 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:22 pm

lawjawn wrote:tryna distract myself with season 3 of The Leftovers

I've been trying to distract myself by watching The Great British Baking Show/Bake Off on Netflix, but the only thing it is doing is making me hungry in addition to being anxious.

lilydog86

New

Postby lilydog86 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:22 pm

puremorning wrote:

It was perfect

I had the turkey and gouda yesterday!!!!! I have an actual problem. I keep going way out of my way just to go back to this place because I love it so much. Plus they have this wild chocolate cookie that's tasty AF. And they sell canned wine!!!

CANNED wine? Is it any good?

pra61391

Bronze

Postby pra61391 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:22 pm

pra61391 wrote:

I also hand-wrote in J16. Rookie move. I typed this time.

The MPTs are what killed me in July, so this time I made sure to do at least 3 MTS per week for 7 weeks. Too bad F17 MPT2 was completely out of left field.

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Nyjdgirl wrote:

Ya'll need to consider new mex or alabama! In all seriousness though- don't let your score expire (always good to have a plan B)

SouthCarolinaNewbie

New

Postby SouthCarolinaNewbie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Have we decided how we are chipping in for happy hour's gift card?

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:24 pm

lilydog86 wrote:
lawjawn wrote:tryna distract myself with season 3 of The Leftovers

I've been trying to distract myself by watching The Great British Baking Show/Bake Off on Netflix, but the only thing it is doing is making me hungry in addition to being anxious.

LOVE that show. I got started on the new seasons of Veep and Silicon Valley.

pra61391

Bronze

Postby pra61391 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:24 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

Ya'll need to consider new mex or alabama! In all seriousness though- don't let your score expire (always good to have a plan B)

That will be my move if I don't get the 266 for NY this time. Thanks!

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:25 pm

lilydog86 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

It was perfect

CANNED wine? Is it any good?

so good! it's called underwood? I've bought it from the liquor store and loved it. I love when I can get wine at casual places since I'm not a beer person (which they also have but i haven't tried).

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:25 pm

SouthCarolinaNewbie wrote:Have we decided how we are chipping in for happy hour's gift card?

my gift card?
i thought TLS was supposed to send me amazon gift card?? :p

lilydog86

New

Postby lilydog86 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:26 pm

pra61391 wrote:
pra61391 wrote:

I also hand-wrote in J16. Rookie move. I typed this time.

The MPTs are what killed me in July, so this time I made sure to do at least 3 MTS per week for 7 weeks. Too bad F17 MPT2 was completely out of left field.

Eeek! I hand-wrote. I wanted to type, but they didn't have any spots left at the location I was testing at.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:26 pm

pra61391 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

That will be my move if I don't get the 266 for NY this time. Thanks!

how much is C &F for alabama? assuming we have 260, don't we have to do all that paper work again?

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:26 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

I could never leave NY. My whole family's here, my boyfriend's job is here, my boyfriend's family is here

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:27 pm

so good! it's called underwood? I've bought it from the liquor store and loved it. I love when I can get wine at casual places since I'm not a beer person (which they also have but i haven't tried).

Nice! They sell it at my fave wine store but I've always been too scared to try it. I hate NY liquor laws. They need to sell wine in the grocery store.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?