NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Nyjdgirl

Bronze

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby Nyjdgirl » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:15 pm

justwanttobealawyer wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
justwanttobealawyer wrote:First time on this blog. I joined because of the anxiety of waiting for F17 results and was looking for support from you all.

Retaker- took July 2016 and failed by 9 points. Got a really high written score, but horrible, horrible MBE. Did anyone else think F17 MBE was difficult too?

Good luck y'all. I really hope results are not 4/20 :(

Yes! What was your written score in July? I felt the essays were a bit better this time but mbe was so unpredictable

Hi! I got a 151 written score. 106 MBE, which is horribly low. I felt this time the essays were better too! 4/6 went well for me (I thought the Corps and Trusts were most difficult). MBE was so tough- if I did horribly in July, I can't even imagine how much worse it was this time around.

151 written score is soo good! i hopei get that hthis time

justwanttobealawyer

New

Postby justwanttobealawyer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Nyjdgirl wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
justwanttobealawyer wrote:First time on this blog. I joined because of the anxiety of waiting for F17 results and was looking for support from you all.

Retaker- took July 2016 and failed by 9 points. Got a really high written score, but horrible, horrible MBE. Did anyone else think F17 MBE was difficult too?

Yes! What was your written score in July? I felt the essays were a bit better this time but mbe was so unpredictable

Hi! I got a 151 written score. 106 MBE, which is horribly low. I felt this time the essays were better too! 4/6 went well for me (I thought the Corps and Trusts were most difficult). MBE was so tough- if I did horribly in July, I can't even imagine how much worse it was this time around.

Thanks! I also had laptop difficulty- my Examsoft stopped working and I lost 20 minutes. But I bombed the MBE so badly because I suck at MC. This anxiety is paralyzing.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:22 pm

Nyjdgirl wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

Thanks! I also had laptop difficulty- my Examsoft stopped working and I lost 20 minutes. But I bombed the MBE so badly because I suck at MC. This anxiety is paralyzing.

wow....and you still pulled off 151.. You definitely passed this time :)

justwanttobealawyer

New

Postby justwanttobealawyer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:43 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

wow thats a real good score. Why did you think corp was difficult? Trust was........just out to the trash for me

I thought I hit most of the Corp's rules: breach of fiduciary duty, business judgment rule, and i knew it was asking for the shareholder derivative suit, but I'm not sure how much of the law was correct.

Does anyone ever feel confident about ANY MBE? Lol I don't think I can recall a single question that I was confident on.

Nyjdgirl

Bronze

Postby Nyjdgirl » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:45 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

wow thats a real good score. Why did you think corp was difficult? Trust was........just out to the trash for me

I thought I hit most of the Corp's rules: breach of fiduciary duty, business judgment rule, and i knew it was asking for the shareholder derivative suit, but I'm not sure how much of the law was correct.

Does anyone ever feel confident about ANY MBE? Lol I don't think I can recall a single question that I was confident on.

nope i dont feel confident about any mbe at all. i almost passed out during the 2nd sessions from fatigue. it was horrible. i made it through though and hopefully passed this time since i only failed the first time by 5 points.

justwanttobealawyer

New

Postby justwanttobealawyer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

nope i dont feel confident about any mbe at all. i almost passed out during the 2nd sessions from fatigue. it was horrible. i made it through though and hopefully passed this time since i only failed the first time by 5 points.

Oh my goodness- I'm so sorry. I truly am pulling for you girl. Pulling for everyone here. 5 points is nothing! You definitely got this.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:54 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

Sounds like you spotted the issues. We will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hope... :mrgreen: :|

justwanttobealawyer

New

Postby justwanttobealawyer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Klb220 wrote:I took the UBE in July I thought the MBE was much harder this time I guessed on most of the MBE questions did a lot of you feel the same way? Especially the afternoon session I thought was way worse than the morning session

Yes- the MBE sucked. Both sessions.

justwanttobealawyer

New

Postby justwanttobealawyer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:01 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:As many of you have already figured out. this is the only shit I do nowadays. I am literally on this forum as if its my email.
I need everyone to be miserable with me. Please, can we suffer together? :cry:
I feel better seeing everyone else killing themselves waiting. I'm not crazy. This is just too much. I think of the worst...and then the best...and then the worst....and then I start looking for plane tickets to retake....omg..this is horrible

you are not alone. I've started thinking of alternative careers... lol

jir92

Bronze

Postby jir92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Oof can't even think about the essays right now. It makes me panic. Can't stop thinking about the results date though. Any more signs of a date?

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:05 pm

jir92 wrote:Oof can't even think about the essays right now. It makes me panic. Can't stop thinking about the results date though. Any more signs of a date?

20th is our first gamble.

jir92

Bronze

Postby jir92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:06 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
jir92 wrote:Oof can't even think about the essays right now. It makes me panic. Can't stop thinking about the results date though. Any more signs of a date?

Yes though our ideas of what constitute 20th are still different :P

I want it to be TONIGHT! But I'm conceding that it may be tomorrow just before midnight as opposed to like 12:00am tonight. YUCK. So nauseous.

Nyjdgirl

Bronze

Postby Nyjdgirl » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

Oh my goodness- I'm so sorry. I truly am pulling for you girl. Pulling for everyone here. 5 points is nothing! You definitely got this.

THANK YOU!!! i sure hope so. i will defintely keep everyone posted on here

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:11 pm

jir92 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

I want it to be TONIGHT! But I'm conceding that it may be tomorrow just before midnight as opposed to like 12:00am tonight. YUCK. So nauseous.

yah..i know what you mean. I don't think its tonight.....Bole only released on Wednesday once :cry: .

jir92

Bronze

Postby jir92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:13 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
jir92 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

yah..i know what you mean. I don't think its tonight.....Bole only released on Wednesday once :cry: .

Totally...I guess my idea was tonight at midnight IS April 20, Thursday. Oh wellll

jir92

Bronze

Postby jir92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:29 pm

BREAKING: So I'm one of those people and I emailed BOLE about last date to take survey and they said Apr. 23. Hmmm

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:43 pm

jir92 wrote:BREAKING: So I'm one of those people and I emailed BOLE about last date to take survey and they said Apr. 23. Hmmm

ill expect 3-5 more emails on this. thanks for the heads up.

lolabear727

Bronze

Postby lolabear727 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:46 pm

jir92 wrote:Idk everyone. I have no insight but I have this weird feeling (just call me Miss Cleo I guess) that the results will be Apr. 20, 2017 (whether that means midnight or like 3am idk)

+Ditto!

jir92

Bronze

Postby jir92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:51 pm

FYI: BOLE website now has instructions for Jul. 2017 bar exam, posted 5 mins ago. Wondering if they're gearing up for a release and (sadly) the imminent questions of those who did not make it this round.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:53 pm

jir92 wrote:FYI: BOLE website now has instructions for Jul. 2017 bar exam, posted 5 mins ago. Wondering if they're gearing up for a release and (sadly) the imminent questions of those who did not make it this round.

Looks like I'm going to be on this forum all night.
Anybody want popcorn?

jir92

Bronze

Postby jir92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:53 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
jir92 wrote:FYI: BOLE website now has instructions for Jul. 2017 bar exam, posted 5 mins ago. Wondering if they're gearing up for a release and (sadly) the imminent questions of those who did not make it this round.

Anybody want popcorn?

How about wine

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:54 pm

jir92 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Anybody want popcorn?

How about wine

we need a big screen that refreshes our email automatically every 5 seconds.

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:18 pm

So nervous, deff. don't think I can eat tonight :shock: :(

lawjawn

New

Postby lawjawn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:19 pm

I AM LOSING IT. I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter if I fail (still a practicing attorney in my current state, boyf probably won't move to NY until the end of the year so I'd have time to retake) but I CANNOT TAKE THIS EXAM AGAIN IT WAS HORRIBLE. Plus it would be a crushing blow to my ego - I got a 165 on the MBE in July 2014, did every single Themis MBE PQ again this time (~2000 questions I think), but I got really sick right before and during the exam and am praying I scrape by with 133ish.

lawjawn

New

Postby lawjawn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:22 pm

also my bole portal says the same thing as it has for the past couple months re: UBE registration, anyone have something different?

3. Uniform Bar Examination: Registration April 1, 2017 - April 30, 2017

Register for the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE): Registered 11/26/2016 11:50:30 AM

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?