NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:39 pm

HopefulSara101 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:did you all take nyle?

Not yet, I am waiting. One hurdle at a time! But I am impressed by anyone who did!

No, I'll take it if I pass

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:39 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:yah i had to take nyle and mpre right after my bar. April has been the worst ever for me.

Yuck! If I ever have to retake the bar I'll have to retake the MPRE because my score expires soon. I'm not too concerned about passing the NYLE, it's just finding the time. And if I do pass, the June NYLE is right in the middle of a conference I have to attend. So I'll just sneak out at lunch that day I suppose...

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:40 pm

cnk1220 wrote:Well for anyone that has to take the nyle it's really not that bad just make sure you plan out doing nylc and finish a month before b/c of registration deadlines

I personally thought it was tougher than I anticipated. Don't underestimate it, bu tyou should totally be fine if you review the outlines and know how to control +f the shit out of it.

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:40 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:How rude that they don't give us release dates anymore

I know, especially when so many other states manage to. You know they have to have a date internally to have all this stuff done, why can't they just share it?

GoBills4life

Bronze

Postby GoBills4life » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:41 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:Well for anyone that has to take the nyle it's really not that bad just make sure you plan out doing nylc and finish a month before b/c of registration deadlines

I personally thought it was tougher than I anticipated. Don't underestimate it, bu tyou should totally be fine if you review the outlines and know how to control +f the shit out of it.

Damn it Happy Hour. I skipped the 2011 date too, I almost took off tomorrow. Now I / we need the results TONIGHT!!!!

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:41 pm

puremorning wrote:
batmanandbaybreezes wrote:How rude that they don't give us release dates anymore

I know, especially when so many other states manage to. You know they have to have a date internally to have all this stuff done, why can't they just share it?

I should just email BOLE

YOUR DEADLINE TO RELEASE THE SCORE IS APRIL 24TH, 2017, BY 11:59PM.

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:41 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:

I think its gotten harder over time- i took the 1st administration last may in 2016. I think it was too easy because everyone passed and finished within 45 mins that i spoke with..my exam was like verbatim of the nylc outline, and I crtl+f'ed most of it
Last edited by cnk1220 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoBills4life

Bronze

Postby GoBills4life » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:41 pm

puremorning wrote:

So rude !!!! or life Full House How RUDE!!!!

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:42 pm

GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Damn it Happy Hour. I skipped the 2011 date too, I almost took off tomorrow. Now I / we need the results TONIGHT!!!!

Sorry!
If we get the results tonight. can we all take tomorrow off?

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:43 pm

puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:yah i had to take nyle and mpre right after my bar. April has been the worst ever for me.

Yuck! If I ever have to retake the bar I'll have to retake the MPRE because my score expires soon. I'm not too concerned about passing the NYLE, it's just finding the time. And if I do pass, the June NYLE is right in the middle of a conference I have to attend. So I'll just sneak out at lunch that day I suppose...

Wait, when does the MPRE score expire?

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:44 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
puremorning wrote:

i think it depends on the state.
my friend had to retake her mpre in NC despite the fact she took the mpre only 2 years ago.

GoBills4life

Bronze

Postby GoBills4life » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:44 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Sorry!

If I pass, I'm taking off. If I fail, I'm also taking off (shitcanned). So I'll be off with you tomorrow (if we get results) <3 xoxo <3

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:45 pm

GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Sorry!

If I pass, I'm taking off. If I fail, I'm also taking off (shitcanned). So I'll be off with you tomorrow (if we get results) <3 xoxo <3

good.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:45 pm

If we had all met earlier, I think we would have all take the nyle together LOL!

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:46 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

my friend had to retake her mpre in NC despite the fact she took the mpre only 2 years ago.

Just checked, NY is 3. I have until nov 2018

justwanttobealawyer

New

Postby justwanttobealawyer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:47 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

DAMN IT REALLY I THOUGHT IT WAS 5?!?!?!?!

wlp0001

New

Postby wlp0001 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:47 pm

I will not be taking off since I can sign my employment contract the moment I pass the bar. So once my Pro Bono Scholars program ends, I will start working for money... However, I do not think tonight is the night. My guess is THURS. BUT, I've been wrong 3 times already...

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:48 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

Makes sense. I took it in Aug. 2014 so yeah...blech.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:48 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

only 3? hm. i'm good 2020 then. Thank god.... MPRE exam has actually gotten more difficult...

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:49 pm

justwanttobealawyer wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

According to NCBE it's 3, sooooo

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:49 pm

puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

Makes sense. I took it in Aug. 2014 so yeah...blech.

so close.................................................

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:50 pm

so 3 years from when we took it? Okay mine expires march 2019, hopefully I'm barred somewhere by then LOL.

justwanttobealawyer

New

Postby justwanttobealawyer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:50 pm

justwanttobealawyer wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

According to NCBE it's 3, sooooo

Anyone else remember that feeling they had when they passed the MPRE? If we were that happy THEN, imagine when we pass the Bar

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:51 pm

its funny.
I never took MPRE seriously. but this time I had to get down to business. It was really like waiting for the bar results. When I got the score I wanted this time,,,,,,I still wasn't THAT HAPPY since bar results were not out yet....

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:53 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
HopefulSara101 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:its 1:27pm guys.
lets enjoy this moment. For those that pass, please stick around and show support to the retakers!!!!

I'll be around either way- deff will post in the J2017 thread if I pass and even meet up with people who are taking if they want since I have so much free time- there is no sarcasm in that sentence lol.

I just hope I don't fail by few points. i'd rather fail by more than 20 points if I do.
But I'll pass, no worries. (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

I have failed 3 times, first time 4, second time 12, third time 9. I agree, rather fail by 20+. It would make me feel like it was too far anyways. Also, not sit there and analyze where I lost the point.

what did you do differently everytime?

To be honest there wasn't much I could do, the first time I did it right. I was working a moderate 40+ hour clerkship. I was finishing up a clerkship though so had to finish up a lot of opinions/settle in the new clerk. So I think my mistake that time was near the end I was trying to do too much! I should have taken that time off.

The second two times I was working a 75-90+ hour job doing plane rides and 4+ hour car trips from our offices in upstate NY to Pitt and Philly in PA where they had me appearing. I am shocked from how little I studied how close I was both times, if I am being honest. So there wasn't much technique to those times, crammed. I passed NJ one of those times though (took NY and NJ for the firm), that was bc my MBE was high though.

This time, I have a new employer, and I asked. I asked for the time. They couldn't give it all to me, but most of it. And I am eternally grateful. This time the difference wasn't just the time spent, but also this test is 50% confidence/a mind game. I think this time I had a different mind set. Also, it helped not going in thinking everyone has had months to study and I have had Saturday nights (bc I was expected to work weekends/travel on them for my next appearance) and some plane rides to.

I think if I had to say, if this went as well as it felt/I hope the difference was me not getting tunnel vision on one area. I kept the picture WIDE! It is easy to fall down the "MBE is 50%" rabbit hole. But as someone who once even scored 149 on the MBE scaled and STILL FAILED it shows you can kill any part, but it has to be a balance of it all. Because if not you are loosing points in those other areas by devoting most of your time to one. And then what you gained in one area, you lost in another.

But I am obviously NO pro. So take my advice with a grain of salt.
Last edited by HopefulSara101 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?