NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
HopefulSara101

Bronze

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:50 pm

puremorning wrote:Back from my meeting to procrastinate further on my work! Sara, I like to plan trips I can't afford either. I've been fantasy planning my honeymoon in great detail for awhile now, any day now I'm sure my fiance will look at my many Kayak saved hotels and flights and the Google doc sheet with 50 bazillion options and be like, you thought THAT was an acceptable budget???

it is SUCH a cliché, but why must the men always hold the purse strings and be big buzz killers? My bf likes to tell me we can't do things because he is saving for my "bling." I like to retort, umm that is a "you problem" not an "us problem" you have had 4+ years! haha (I am mean, I know! I blame the NY bar! :lol: )

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Should I leave work early today?

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:51 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:If anyone sees a short brunette walking around manhattan with a minnie mouse bag that's me btw.

I wanted to make sure I looked extra adulty today in case results came out.

THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?
j/k only in my dreams <3xoxo<3 hopeless romantic

so...if i pass, i'll be sworn in in June (hopefully), we should all get together in NY.

I'm down!! Would be nice to put a face to all these usernames haha

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:52 pm

HopefulSara101 wrote:
puremorning wrote:Back from my meeting to procrastinate further on my work! Sara, I like to plan trips I can't afford either. I've been fantasy planning my honeymoon in great detail for awhile now, any day now I'm sure my fiance will look at my many Kayak saved hotels and flights and the Google doc sheet with 50 bazillion options and be like, you thought THAT was an acceptable budget???

it is SUCH a cliché, but why must the men always hold the purse strings and be big buzz killers? My bf likes to tell me we can't do things because he is saving for my "bling." I like to retort, umm that is a "you problem" not an "us problem" you have had 4+ years! haha (I am mean, I know! I blame the NY bar! :lol: )

no, thats not your business. Let him work his ass off to get the bling.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:52 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:If anyone sees a short brunette walking around manhattan with a minnie mouse bag that's me btw.

THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?

so...if i pass, i'll be sworn in in June (hopefully), we should all get together in NY.

you will hear me yell OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLD MY HAND!

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:54 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:i'm suffering from sleeping paralysis. Last night was bad...I was awake but couldn't move. Someone was in my bedroom, but I couldn't see.
I'm scared to go to sleep again..

Ugh, that is the worst! I have suffered from it myself. I am sorry! It helps me to take a sleep aid and usually I do not have those episodes.

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:54 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:

THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?

haha thanks :)

i love how we've all become 1 big family on here. All my non-law friends/fam are like "but it's just an exam?" like no you don't get it bye.

I love my coworkers that are like, you studied so hard, you'll pass! And I'm like, umm, I also worked full time, so while all my other waking minutes were spent studying, it was nowhere near what others put towards this test.

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:55 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:

I'm down too, although I'm totally cool with you guys expecting to see my pug instead of the real me.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:56 pm

anyone leaving work early today?

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:56 pm

puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

I'm down too, although I'm totally cool with you guys expecting to see my pug instead of the real me.

as long as your pug can talk...and know how to give hugs.

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:57 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:Will we get our score tonight as well or just the "Congratulations you are awesome!" message and then later they send the score out?

So.... Anyone want to answer my question now that we've all eaten lunch...? :lol:

My understanding is passing=no score. But I think you can pay for it! haha!

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:58 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
HopefulSara101 wrote:

no, thats not your business. Let him work his ass off to get the bling.

haha thank you! Right? He is the sweetest of sweet though and has to helped a lot financially and SOOO MUCH emotionally for these bar exams and has not once mentioned it or complained. SOO I should let him slide on this one! :wink:

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:59 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

I frequently speak on her behalf in what I would imagine her voice to sound like...does that count? She doesn't know how to give hugs but she will climb onto anyone's lap. She'd go home with anyone with a treat in their hand.

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:

THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?

i love how we've all become 1 big family on here. All my non-law friends/fam are like "but it's just an exam?" like no you don't get it bye.

It's so annoying when people say that. Like, yes, it's just an exam, but it's the exam that allows me to actually get and keep a job and move on with my life?

Otherwise I'm stuck in this weird limbo where Macy's wouldn't even give me a job...seriously

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:02 pm

puremorning wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:

THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?

I love my coworkers that are like, you studied so hard, you'll pass! And I'm like, umm, I also worked full time, so while all my other waking minutes were spent studying, it was nowhere near what others put towards this test.

I feel you. I have worked full time every time except this one bc my new bosses gave me the time off (well not all of it, but more than I could have every asked for!) and people told me the same. It is SUCH a different beast to work full time, or like I was 75-90+ hour weeks, and have to take this. That EXACT thought you wrote trails through my head, they all have had all summer I haven't had a full weekend some weekends! But you know what? People have done it before, so so can we ! :)

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:03 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:

THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?

It's so annoying when people say that. Like, yes, it's just an exam, but it's the exam that allows me to actually get and keep a job and move on with my life?

Otherwise I'm stuck in this weird limbo where Macy's wouldn't even give me a job...seriously

I've legit considered applying at Sephora, they'll probably be like oh you have a JD? you're overqualified sorry.

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:03 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:

THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?

YES! The limbo. Thanks for the warm and fuzzies peeps but that is easy to fucking say when your life is moving forward and even upward and I am here on pause. :roll:

GoBills4life

Bronze

Postby GoBills4life » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:03 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:

THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?

If I pass, I'll be in Albany for a conference mid-May. That's the closest I'll be to NYC. So all you NY people, take the bus, its like less than 20 bucks to Albany. We can grab dinner and stuff. I'll be posted up in a hotel, you can get a room or crash on the couch. But no hanky panky.

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:04 pm

GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:

THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?

If I pass, I'll be in Albany for a conference mid-May. That's the closest I'll be to NYC. So all you NY people, take the bus, its like less than 20 bucks to Albany. We can grab dinner and stuff. I'll be posted up in a hotel, you can get a room or crash on the couch. But no hanky panky.

I took the exam in albany...cute lil town, not much to do though, although I was a nervous wreck and wasn't exactly looking to have fun while there.

justwanttobealawyer

New

Postby justwanttobealawyer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:06 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:anyone leaving work early today?

Don't leave early today! Try to stay as distracted as possible at work. Being by yourself at home and just waiting for the clock to pass by won't be productive.

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:06 pm

Blair and Serena don't do buses. *gasp*

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:07 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
I've legit considered applying at Sephora, they'll probably be like oh you have a JD? you're overqualified sorry.

I worked at Barnes & Noble briefly when I couldn't find work. I left my master's off the application but included the JD. I told them that I didn't want to work in law so I wanted to see where this would take me (/I was waiting for any other job I'd applied for to get back to me). I worked there for 2 months and hated it...I'd been out of the retail game for so long and they were so into pushing things on customers that I had to leave. I lied and said that I had booked a flight home for Thanksgiving before they hired me (I didn't, I drive everywhere), so they said they'd give me that holiday off but no days in December. That's basically why I decided to take the bar...I felt less bad asking my parents for support if I was doing something productive. Of course shortly thereafter I landed my full-time job, but I'm not a total quitter so I still followed through with the bar.

GoBills4life

Bronze

Postby GoBills4life » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:07 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:

THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?

Haha, so true. Like my employment is contingent on me passing. And it is the hardest exam I have ever taken. If I don't pass, I lose my job and I have to delay my life for 6 months and then hopefully find another job and then always explain in the interview that I lost my first job because I didn't pass. Ugh, I really hope I pass (and you guys too). I don't want to have to go through all that stuff. But taking precaution and taking all my belongings with me tonight. (at least I can avoid the walk of shame) But knowing me I'll forget something stupid, but I need like my $150 guess watch. Haha.
RESULTS NOW PLEASE!!!!
Last edited by GoBills4life on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:08 pm

puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

I frequently speak on her behalf in what I would imagine her voice to sound like...does that count? She doesn't know how to give hugs but she will climb onto anyone's lap. She'd go home with anyone with a treat in their hand.

Haha, my dog tried to jump in a strangers car.

I will clearly have to be dressed as a drunk batsman if I meet up with any of you. How would you know who I was otherwise??

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:08 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:

THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?

I took the exam in albany...cute lil town, not much to do though, although I was a nervous wreck and wasn't exactly looking to have fun while there.

I am in the Albany area, great place! I know where we can go so on. :)

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?