NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
HopefulSara101

Bronze

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:56 am

happyhour1122 wrote:my mom just texted me

"Are you sure you don't know the exact date? It doesn't make sense. How can you not know?
Someone told me the dates are set, why don't you know?"

ARE YOU F$%t#$#$%#$ KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW MOM?????
This is why sometimes I wish I had a lawyer mother. Take the bar exam for me will ya? OMGGGGG

I just called and asked who that "someone" was. She can't answer. I hang up on her.

As a child of parents who are BRILLIANT business owners but did not go to school, I get similar questions. I have taken 3 bar exams now, and NY a few times, my dad asks from the week after the exam up until I get results about "when I am getting those damn results" :shock:

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:56 am

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:
batmanandbaybreezes wrote:IM with happyhour I think it's tonight

Even if it's not I'll still join and freak out with you all this evening. Unless my brother decides to hang out, which would normally be fun but tonight would be torture since he is brilliant and passed the bar in July. He's the last person I'd want to be with if/when I find out I fail.

COME AND HOLD MY HAND :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

What if I just take a bunch of benedryl and pass out? Thoughts? Or do we think my sheer level of panic is enough to fight through the sleepy effects of benedryl?

not gonna work.
I need something to lower my heart rate.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 am

HopefulSara101 wrote:

"Are you sure you don't know the exact date? It doesn't make sense. How can you not know?

This is why sometimes I wish I had a lawyer mother. Take the bar exam for me will ya? OMGGGGG

I just called and asked who that "someone" was. She can't answer. I hang up on her.

As a child of parents who are BRILLIANT business owners but did not go to school, I get similar questions. I have taken 3 bar exams now, and NY a few times, my dad asks from the week after the exam up until I get results about "when I am getting those damn results" :shock:

I guess its all parents are alike? but I can't accept this today. Not today. Just not today. She better be glad that she's not here.

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 am

happyhour1122 wrote:

Omg RUDE

NOT JUST RUDE, she's CRAZY!!!!!!!!(YES, I LOVE HER, BUT NOT TODAY. HELL NO)

Hahaha, oh I feel so bad but that is funny. My fiance texted me this morning, "So no email?" I'm like, you remember when I failed the Ohio bar, I told you immediately! I think for the sake of all of our loved ones the results need to be released tonight. Ugh, I have a meeting. Don't have too much fun without me.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:59 am

puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Omg RUDE

Hahaha, oh I feel so bad but that is funny. My fiance texted me this morning, "So no email?" I'm like, you remember when I failed the Ohio bar, I told you immediately! I think for the sake of all of our loved ones the results need to be released tonight. Ugh, I have a meeting. Don't have too much fun without me.

i think i'm going to ask if i can leave work. i can't handle this very well

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:59 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
HopefulSara101 wrote:

I guess its all parents are alike? but I can't accept this today. Not today. Just not today. She better be glad that she's not here.

OO I feel you. My parents are back in PA. Every time I don't pass NY my dad like to remind me I am barred in PA and he "told me not to go." So ... ya. Parents. haha :evil:

Gronkie87

New

Postby Gronkie87 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:00 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

Even if it's not I'll still join and freak out with you all this evening. Unless my brother decides to hang out, which would normally be fun but tonight would be torture since he is brilliant and passed the bar in July. He's the last person I'd want to be with if/when I find out I fail.

What if I just take a bunch of benedryl and pass out? Thoughts? Or do we think my sheer level of panic is enough to fight through the sleepy effects of benedryl?

Drugs.com:

Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:

Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth, nose, and throat; excitability; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness or anxiety; trouble sleeping; upset stomach; vomiting; weakness.

Not sure this would help our situations. :(

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:01 am

i can't hand this very well guys.
I really thought i was strong

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:02 am

happyhour1122 wrote:

Omg RUDE

This waiting is so rude. How do they justify this? It's not like they don't know when they're releasing it. I don't know why they can't just update us.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:03 am

happyhour1122 wrote:

Omg RUDE

This waiting is so rude. How do they justify this? It's not like they don't know when they're releasing it. I don't know why they can't just update us.

probably cos they don't want to take the blame if not released on the date they say they would.

GBlaw

New

Postby GBlaw » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:04 am

Guys I do not know any of you and I am currently typing this from an office far away in rainy central London (hope the weather is better Stateside) but just want to wish you all the very best of luck indeed. I have followed this thread for a while and it has been really cathartic to know that there are a load of people sat on this emotional roller coaster alongside you.

Whatever happens with results, you all have the raw ingredients to go on to be incredible attorneys. Nobody gets as far as sitting for the bar exam without making a host of sacrifices and without being really smart (unless you are a foreigner like me and just sneak in via a UK law degree). Just make sure you enjoy the success when it inevitably comes your way!

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:04 am

puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Omg RUDE

BAHAHA! My bf did too...why?! I am over here trying to focus the way it is. And he is barred in NY so knows they never come out early. So what is up with that?! haha

Bluem_11

Bronze

Postby Bluem_11 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:05 am

If it's not today it will be another day what's the big deal

/hides

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:05 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Omg RUDE

probably cos they don't want to take the blame if not released on the date they say they would.

I think you got it right there!

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:06 am

Gronkie87 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

Drugs.com:

Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:

Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth, nose, and throat; excitability; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness or anxiety; trouble sleeping; upset stomach; vomiting; weakness.

Not sure this would help our situations. :(

LOL. All drugs have side effects. I've never experienced any from benedryl....yet

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:06 am

GBlaw wrote:Guys I do not know any of you and I am currently typing this from an office far away in rainy central London (hope the weather is better Stateside) but just want to wish you all the very best of luck indeed. I have followed this thread for a while and it has been really cathartic to know that there are a load of people sat on this emotional roller coaster alongside you.

Whatever happens with results, you all have the raw ingredients to go on to be incredible attorneys. Nobody gets as far as sitting for the bar exam without making a host of sacrifices and without being really smart (unless you are a foreigner like me and just sneak in via a UK law degree). Just make sure you enjoy the success when it inevitably comes your way!

A GREAT POST!! Thank you :)

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:06 am

HopefulSara101 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Omg RUDE

Come and join us Sara at 9pm tonight with wine and some popcorn.

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:07 am

Bluem_11 wrote:If it's not today it will be another day what's the big deal

/hides

Like, yeah, but like, congrats on being super calm and all. Weirdo

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:08 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
HopefulSara101 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Omg RUDE

I have enough wine for everyone on this thread.

GoBills4life

Bronze

Postby GoBills4life » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am

In about 12 hours we should know!!!! I hope!!!! And I've developed what feels like an innate love for Batman and baybreezes. Lol
Last edited by GoBills4life on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am

Wish we could all get together.
Its also very sad that someone here will not pass and we can't be there for them..(physically)

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:10 am

GoBills4life wrote:In about 12 hours we should know!!!! I hope!!!!

where have you been? :roll:

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Postby HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:10 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
HopefulSara101 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Omg RUDE

I am in! I am scared though. If I may say, if they come out Wednesday I am alone. Bf out of town for a hearing. I am praying tonight because I don't want to be alone, good or bad news. But bad news especially!

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Postby batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:11 am

GoBills4life wrote:In about 12 hours we should know!!!! I hope!!!! And I've developed what feels like an innate love for Batman and baybreezes. Lol

13 for sure. 12.5 maybe?

GoBills4life

Bronze

Postby GoBills4life » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:11 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:In about 12 hours we should know!!!! I hope!!!!

where have you been? :roll:

Haha, working!!!! Ma Lady

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?