NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:53 am

PersistentAttorney wrote:
keepgoing2016 wrote:
PersistentAttorney wrote:If I were BOLE I would send the email on Saturday night - midnight. Completely out of the blue when no one 's expecting it. But I am not, so... :roll:



No, that would be cruel!!! lol


Isn't the wait more cruel? I don't know...

I had a thought today: Why don't they immediately release the MBE results? They could do so within a week from the exam as the only thing they need to do is scan FCOL! The written portion could follow but at least we would have a clue on whether we should start preparing for July! :?



Isn't there a State where they release their MBe score first? I thought I heard someone say...

GoBills4life
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 am

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby GoBills4life » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:53 am

Single, no kids. And yes, pre-nup. lol I took Mat Law, so I get what you're saying

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:53 am

dionysius1 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
HateTheWait17 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:Very true....it seems like the end of days....Happy Hour, will you marry me?


depends on the ring....


You can pick it out, however nothing gaudy or gauche (I know, impeccable alliteration). TLS marriage proposal, check. Lol


Hahahah, them TLS people gotta pay for the ring! Happyhour got their site up and running more than ever :lol:



I don't believe in proposals. I had two boyfriends whole life. They both f#$%#$ proposed. I eventually sold both of the rings but proposal don't mean shit to me :roll: I could say yes, I will marry you all day- It won't hit me until we get married. So what you say Gobills4life (I hope you are ok marrying a spartan by the way), shall we get married say next week?


You sold the rings? Did law school teach you nothing? The ring is not a gift but rather consideration for a contemplated future performance. If you do not get married, you must return the ring.


Did your law school not tell you the exceptions?

HateTheWait17
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:55 am

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby HateTheWait17 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:53 am

PersistentAttorney wrote:
keepgoing2016 wrote:
PersistentAttorney wrote:If I were BOLE I would send the email on Saturday night - midnight. Completely out of the blue when no one 's expecting it. But I am not, so... :roll:



No, that would be cruel!!! lol


Isn't the wait more cruel? I don't know...

I had a thought today: Why don't they immediately release the MBE results? They could do so within a week from the exam as the only thing they need to do is scan FCOL! The written portion could follow but at least we would have a clue on whether we should start preparing for July! :?


Thats actually a great idea. We should spam BOLE mail with the suggestion.

GoBills4life
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 am

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby GoBills4life » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:54 am

dionysius1 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
HateTheWait17 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:Very true....it seems like the end of days....Happy Hour, will you marry me?


depends on the ring....


You can pick it out, however nothing gaudy or gauche (I know, impeccable alliteration). TLS marriage proposal, check. Lol


Hahahah, them TLS people gotta pay for the ring! Happyhour got their site up and running more than ever :lol:



I don't believe in proposals. I had two boyfriends whole life. They both f#$%#$ proposed. I eventually sold both of the rings but proposal don't mean shit to me :roll: I could say yes, I will marry you all day- It won't hit me until we get married. So what you say Gobills4life (I hope you are ok marrying a spartan by the way), shall we get married say next week?


You sold the rings? Did law school teach you nothing? The ring is not a gift but rather consideration for a contemplated future performance. If you do not get married, you must return the ring.


TRUTH!

GoBills4life
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 am

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby GoBills4life » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:55 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
dionysius1 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
HateTheWait17 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:Very true....it seems like the end of days....Happy Hour, will you marry me?


depends on the ring....


You can pick it out, however nothing gaudy or gauche (I know, impeccable alliteration). TLS marriage proposal, check. Lol


Hahahah, them TLS people gotta pay for the ring! Happyhour got their site up and running more than ever :lol:



I don't believe in proposals. I had two boyfriends whole life. They both f#$%#$ proposed. I eventually sold both of the rings but proposal don't mean shit to me :roll: I could say yes, I will marry you all day- It won't hit me until we get married. So what you say Gobills4life (I hope you are ok marrying a spartan by the way), shall we get married say next week?


You sold the rings? Did law school teach you nothing? The ring is not a gift but rather consideration for a contemplated future performance. If you do not get married, you must return the ring.


Did your law school not tell you the exceptions?


Nope, or I don't remember.

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:05 am

Among many many many exceptions, the one that would I apply to me would be an agreement. The court (most states) follow no fault rule in regards to returning the ring if the marriage doesn't occur. Meaning, regardless whos fault it is, the ring must be returned back to the giver. However, when there is a separate agreement between the parties that the ring will not be return due to a fault breach. The court will honor that.

Also, the other exception that I applied to me was....the guys never wanted it back. So..... it was a compensation for the break up. So yah. it's valid.

so..heads up GoBills4life.
Last edited by happyhour1122 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoBills4life
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 am

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby GoBills4life » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:05 am

Lol, I wrote this to the tune of the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" when I was studying for the bar.

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. If you'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became a lawyer by the end of the year. In Albany New York, books and beers, in the exam room is where I shed most of my tears. Filling out bubbles and writing out rules, just memorizing laws, outside of the school. When the registrar, saw my credits near done, after this semester you won't need any, son. I had one exam left on December sixteen, and then I knew I was done with the law school scene.
Study everyday for the New York State bar, my mind is going crazy and I got snow on my car. If anything, I could say that this exam's hard, and it cost three hundred bucks on my credit card. There's no going back, I got two months to go. Take the exam and get admitted you know. Lookin right through at the end of my journey. To start my career as a successful attorney.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby puremorning » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:09 am

GoBills4life wrote:Lol, I wrote this to the tune of the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" when I was studying for the bar.

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. If you'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became a lawyer by the end of the year. In Albany New York, books and beers, in the exam room is where I shed most of my tears. Filling out bubbles and writing out rules, just memorizing laws, outside of the school. When the registrar, saw my credits near done, after this semester you won't need any, son. I had one exam left on December sixteen, and then I knew I was done with the law school scene.
Study everyday for the New York State bar, my mind is going crazy and I got snow on my car. If anything, I could say that this exam's hard, and it cost three hundred bucks on my credit card. There's no going back, I got two months to go. Take the exam and get admitted you know. Lookin right through at the end of my journey. To start my career as a successful attorney.


I think you should send that to the BOLE. 5 times.

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 am

puremorning wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:Lol, I wrote this to the tune of the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" when I was studying for the bar.

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. If you'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became a lawyer by the end of the year. In Albany New York, books and beers, in the exam room is where I shed most of my tears. Filling out bubbles and writing out rules, just memorizing laws, outside of the school. When the registrar, saw my credits near done, after this semester you won't need any, son. I had one exam left on December sixteen, and then I knew I was done with the law school scene.
Study everyday for the New York State bar, my mind is going crazy and I got snow on my car. If anything, I could say that this exam's hard, and it cost three hundred bucks on my credit card. There's no going back, I got two months to go. Take the exam and get admitted you know. Lookin right through at the end of my journey. To start my career as a successful attorney.


I think you should send that to the BOLE. 5 times.



When you click "send" and accidentally click 10 times, it will automatically send 10 times. send it to them!

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:12 am

Guys,
what should I have for lunch? I think about lunch when I have my breakfast...I think about dinner when I eat lunch.
I'm always so hungry. Wish you all were around me. We could totally get together and be on our phones 24/7

GoBills4life
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 am

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby GoBills4life » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:13 am

happyhour1122 wrote:Guys,
what should I have for lunch? I think about lunch when I have my breakfast...I think about dinner when I eat lunch.
I'm always so hungry.


My day revolves around when and what I'm gonna be eating. Lol, I feel ya.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby puremorning » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:15 am

GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Guys,
what should I have for lunch? I think about lunch when I have my breakfast...I think about dinner when I eat lunch.
I'm always so hungry.


My day revolves around when and what I'm gonna be eating. Lol, I feel ya.


My life revolves around what I'm eating. It's a family thing. We found old postcards that my dad's dad sent to him as a kid on business trips and they just detailed what he ate. I'm trying to plan my honeymoon and I'm basically just researching where I should go based on their culinary specialties and my favorite foods.

GoBills4life
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 am

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby GoBills4life » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:16 am

puremorning wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Guys,
what should I have for lunch? I think about lunch when I have my breakfast...I think about dinner when I eat lunch.
I'm always so hungry.


My day revolves around when and what I'm gonna be eating. Lol, I feel ya.


My life revolves around what I'm eating. It's a family thing. We found old postcards that my dad's dad sent to him as a kid on business trips and they just detailed what he ate. I'm trying to plan my honeymoon and I'm basically just researching where I should go based on their culinary specialties and my favorite foods.


Speaking of honeymoon....Happy Hour....

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 am

puremorning wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Guys,
what should I have for lunch? I think about lunch when I have my breakfast...I think about dinner when I eat lunch.
I'm always so hungry.


My day revolves around when and what I'm gonna be eating. Lol, I feel ya.


My life revolves around what I'm eating. It's a family thing. We found old postcards that my dad's dad sent to him as a kid on business trips and they just detailed what he ate. I'm trying to plan my honeymoon and I'm basically just researching where I should go based on their culinary specialties and my favorite foods.



I'm craving steak and cheese pie. I ate this in Australia. oh my gosh. I must be pregnant to crave so much nowadays.
Australia for honeymoon.

dionysius1
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:44 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby dionysius1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:35 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Guys,
what should I have for lunch? I think about lunch when I have my breakfast...I think about dinner when I eat lunch.
I'm always so hungry.


My day revolves around when and what I'm gonna be eating. Lol, I feel ya.


My life revolves around what I'm eating. It's a family thing. We found old postcards that my dad's dad sent to him as a kid on business trips and they just detailed what he ate. I'm trying to plan my honeymoon and I'm basically just researching where I should go based on their culinary specialties and my favorite foods.



I'm craving steak and cheese pie. I ate this in Australia. oh my gosh. I must be pregnant to crave so much nowadays.
Australia for honeymoon.


Pregnant? GoBillsForLife, you work fast!

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:40 am

dionysius1 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Guys,
what should I have for lunch? I think about lunch when I have my breakfast...I think about dinner when I eat lunch.
I'm always so hungry.


My day revolves around when and what I'm gonna be eating. Lol, I feel ya.


My life revolves around what I'm eating. It's a family thing. We found old postcards that my dad's dad sent to him as a kid on business trips and they just detailed what he ate. I'm trying to plan my honeymoon and I'm basically just researching where I should go based on their culinary specialties and my favorite foods.



I'm craving steak and cheese pie. I ate this in Australia. oh my gosh. I must be pregnant to crave so much nowadays.
Australia for honeymoon.


Pregnant? GoBillsForLife, you work fast!



LOL!
I should go and watch beauty and the beast on Sunday to get my mind off. Anyone seen it?
anyone down for some apple cobbler?

justwanttobealawyer
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby justwanttobealawyer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:51 am

Sorry to totally change the positive energy on this thread (Congrats to Happy hour and GOBills on your upcoming wedding!)

Managing Partner came by to my office and asked me when results are coming. I said sometime next week. He goes, "okay, well if you don't pass, we will need to re-evaluate your place at the firm."

I know that's the way things go, but can't help but feel overwhelmed and crappy. Any suggestions? How many bottles of wine should I buy this weekend?

dionysius1
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:44 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby dionysius1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:54 am

justwanttobealawyer wrote:Sorry to totally change the positive energy on this thread (Congrats to Happy hour and GOBills on your upcoming wedding!)

Managing Partner came by to my office and asked me when results are coming. I said sometime next week. He goes, "okay, well if you don't pass, we will need to re-evaluate your place at the firm."

I know that's the way things go, but can't help but feel overwhelmed and crappy. Any suggestions? How many bottles of wine should I buy this weekend?


That is a crappy thing to say to you. He sounds like a real s***. Honestly, even if that is the truth, saying that to you before you get the results? How is that in any way helpful? Doesn't sound like the type of guy that would instill loyalty.

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:54 am

justwanttobealawyer wrote:Sorry to totally change the positive energy on this thread (Congrats to Happy hour and GOBills on your upcoming wedding!)

Managing Partner came by to my office and asked me when results are coming. I said sometime next week. He goes, "okay, well if you don't pass, we will need to re-evaluate your place at the firm."

I know that's the way things go, but can't help but feel overwhelmed and crappy. Any suggestions? How many bottles of wine should I buy this weekend?



ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW???? I cannot believe someone would say that????
But play it cool justwanttobealawyer. Don't let that "no common sense stupid big head" pull you down. Stay focused because you are going to pass this exam and you can rub the certificate on his face. For now, let it be.
suggestion: Act like you are not bothered, act confident, do your work and don't talk to anyone for now.
Buy some nice dessert wine on your way home tonight. I would totally share my home made apply cobbler with you :)

justwanttobealawyer
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby justwanttobealawyer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:55 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
justwanttobealawyer wrote:Sorry to totally change the positive energy on this thread (Congrats to Happy hour and GOBills on your upcoming wedding!)

Managing Partner came by to my office and asked me when results are coming. I said sometime next week. He goes, "okay, well if you don't pass, we will need to re-evaluate your place at the firm."

I know that's the way things go, but can't help but feel overwhelmed and crappy. Any suggestions? How many bottles of wine should I buy this weekend?



ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW???? I cannot believe someone would say that????
But play it cool justwanttobealawyer. Don't let that "no common sense stupid big head" pull you down. Stay focused because you are going to pass this exam and you can rub the certificate on his face. For now, let it be.
suggestion: Act like you are not bothered, act confident, do your work and don't talk to anyone for now.
Buy some nice dessert wine on your way home tonight.


Ugh, thanks guys. I think I have a hate/love relationship with the legal profession.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby puremorning » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:57 am

dionysius1 wrote:
justwanttobealawyer wrote:Sorry to totally change the positive energy on this thread (Congrats to Happy hour and GOBills on your upcoming wedding!)

Managing Partner came by to my office and asked me when results are coming. I said sometime next week. He goes, "okay, well if you don't pass, we will need to re-evaluate your place at the firm."

I know that's the way things go, but can't help but feel overwhelmed and crappy. Any suggestions? How many bottles of wine should I buy this weekend?


That is a crappy thing to say to you. He sounds like a real s***. Honestly, even if that is the truth, saying that to you before you get the results? How is that in any way helpful? Doesn't sound like the type of guy that would instill loyalty.


Ugh, what a way to start your weekend! Definitely purchase at least 3 bottles of wine. If it would give you some peace of mind maybe poke around at new jobs just so that if you get bad news you aren't totally shocked and lost. I'm sorry the managing partner at your firm is such a dick.

User avatar
puremorning
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby puremorning » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:59 am

Meanwhile I just realized that two hours after arriving to work, I'm still wearing my rain boots. Always a good look.

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:00 am

justwanttobealawyer wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
justwanttobealawyer wrote:Sorry to totally change the positive energy on this thread (Congrats to Happy hour and GOBills on your upcoming wedding!)

Managing Partner came by to my office and asked me when results are coming. I said sometime next week. He goes, "okay, well if you don't pass, we will need to re-evaluate your place at the firm."

I know that's the way things go, but can't help but feel overwhelmed and crappy. Any suggestions? How many bottles of wine should I buy this weekend?



ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW???? I cannot believe someone would say that????
But play it cool justwanttobealawyer. Don't let that "no common sense stupid big head" pull you down. Stay focused because you are going to pass this exam and you can rub the certificate on his face. For now, let it be.
suggestion: Act like you are not bothered, act confident, do your work and don't talk to anyone for now.
Buy some nice dessert wine on your way home tonight.


Ugh, thanks guys. I think I have a hate/love relationship with the legal profession.



I'm sure its similar in other profession. I'm sure everyone knows your managing partner is an asshole.

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Postby happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:00 am

puremorning wrote:Meanwhile I just realized that two hours after arriving to work, I'm still wearing my rain boots. Always a good look.



its raining where you live?




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bass, GGMcSwift and 11 guests