NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
happyhour1122

Silver

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:14 pm

NeuroticJD wrote:Hi everyone. I'm so glad to have found this. These last few days are going to be unbearable for me and no one around me seems to understand. I broke up with my bf for no reason just to keep him away while I'm going through this. It's so shitty because he's very supportive but he kept saying stuff like "you're gonna pass I can't wait for you to pass" and "I'm already making plans to celebrate" and it's just too much pressure. I hope he takes me back after this is over. It's a disgusting day in NY. I'm on L.i. teetering on the brink of insanity....making all kinds of prayers and promises to God that I'll be a better person if i can pass this.

Louis CK has been my source of comfort all week.
I hope you update us with your story after the results..

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:14 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
NeuroticJD wrote:Hi everyone. I'm so glad to have found this. These last few days are going to be unbearable for me and no one around me seems to understand. I broke up with my bf for no reason just to keep him away while I'm going through this. It's so shitty because he's very supportive but he kept saying stuff like "you're gonna pass I can't wait for you to pass" and "I'm already making plans to celebrate" and it's just too much pressure. I hope he takes me back after this is over. It's a disgusting day in NY. I'm on L.i. teetering on the brink of insanity....making all kinds of prayers and promises to God that I'll be a better person if i can pass this.

Yeah in a week can we all promise to come back and do a "where are there now?" segment?

vness.jd17

New

Post by vness.jd17 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:15 pm

GoBills4life wrote:Lol, I wrote this to the tune of the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" when I was studying for the bar.

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. If you'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became a lawyer by the end of the year. In Albany New York, books and beers, in the exam room is where I shed most of my tears. Filling out bubbles and writing out rules, just memorizing laws, outside of the school. When the registrar, saw my credits near done, after this semester you won't need any, son. I had one exam left on December sixteen, and then I knew I was done with the law school scene.
Study everyday for the New York State bar, my mind is going crazy and I got snow on my car. If anything, I could say that this exam's hard, and it cost three hundred bucks on my credit card. There's no going back, I got two months to go. Take the exam and get admitted you know. Lookin right through at the end of my journey. To start my career as a successful attorney.

THIS MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:15 pm

puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Yeah in a week can we all promise to come back and do a "where are there now?" segment?

yah...unless some people need more time to accept their failure.

Nyjdgirl

Bronze

Post by Nyjdgirl » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:16 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:

I feel you girl. I feel like my boyfriend is going to break up with me if I don't pass this time! Just too much stress and o feel like he won't want to stay with me idk

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:16 pm

vness.jd17 wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:Lol, I wrote this to the tune of the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" when I was studying for the bar.

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. If you'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became a lawyer by the end of the year. In Albany New York, books and beers, in the exam room is where I shed most of my tears. Filling out bubbles and writing out rules, just memorizing laws, outside of the school. When the registrar, saw my credits near done, after this semester you won't need any, son. I had one exam left on December sixteen, and then I knew I was done with the law school scene.
Study everyday for the New York State bar, my mind is going crazy and I got snow on my car. If anything, I could say that this exam's hard, and it cost three hundred bucks on my credit card. There's no going back, I got two months to go. Take the exam and get admitted you know. Lookin right through at the end of my journey. To start my career as a successful attorney.

THIS MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!
thats my fiance

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

I feel you girl. I feel like my boyfriend is going to break up with me if I don't pass this time! Just too much stress and o feel like he won't want to stay with me idk
hold up... if your bf is going to break up with you just cos you didn't pass, please let his ass go? If you are "only" feeling that way, he needs to do a better job to secure you. :p (my opinion)

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

I'm pretty sure my fiance would cry if I didn't pass and told him I was going to try again. I wonder what the statistic of couples sticking together that made it through the bar exam. It's a true relationship tester.

vness.jd17

New

Post by vness.jd17 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:18 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
dionysius1 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Guys,
what should I have for lunch? I think about lunch when I have my breakfast...I think about dinner when I eat lunch.
I'm always so hungry.
My day revolves around when and what I'm gonna be eating. Lol, I feel ya.
My life revolves around what I'm eating. It's a family thing. We found old postcards that my dad's dad sent to him as a kid on business trips and they just detailed what he ate. I'm trying to plan my honeymoon and I'm basically just researching where I should go based on their culinary specialties and my favorite foods.

I'm craving steak and cheese pie. I ate this in Australia. oh my gosh. I must be pregnant to crave so much nowadays.
Australia for honeymoon.
Pregnant? GoBillsForLife, you work fast!

LOL!
I should go and watch beauty and the beast on Sunday to get my mind off. Anyone seen it?
anyone down for some apple cobbler?

Saw it a few weeks ago....definitely good, but as a 80s baby the original is still the best... I did cry and I'm not sure if it was bc of the movie or just the stress of awaiting bar results...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:19 pm

puremorning wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

I'm pretty sure my fiance would cry if I didn't pass and told him I was going to try again. I wonder what the statistic of couples sticking together that made it through the bar exam. It's a true relationship tester.
Someone should start a study.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:20 pm

vness.jd17 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
dionysius1 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
what should I have for lunch? I think about lunch when I have my breakfast...I think about dinner when I eat lunch.
I'm always so hungry.
My life revolves around what I'm eating. It's a family thing. We found old postcards that my dad's dad sent to him as a kid on business trips and they just detailed what he ate. I'm trying to plan my honeymoon and I'm basically just researching where I should go based on their culinary specialties and my favorite foods.

I'm craving steak and cheese pie. I ate this in Australia. oh my gosh. I must be pregnant to crave so much nowadays.
Australia for honeymoon.

LOL!
I should go and watch beauty and the beast on Sunday to get my mind off. Anyone seen it?

Saw it a few weeks ago....definitely good, but as a 80s baby the original is still the best... I did cry and I'm not sure if it was bc of the movie or just the stress of awaiting bar results...
I guess I"ll just wait. its going to make me cry too.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:20 pm

vness.jd17 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
dionysius1 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:
GoBills4life wrote:
I'm always so hungry.

Australia for honeymoon.

LOL!

Omgosh I wanna see B&B so bad! I'm that girl who goes to movies alone with a tissue box and brings snacks in my bag. I also go to bars by myself too occasionally...okay frequently.

GoBills4life

Bronze

Post by GoBills4life » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:21 pm

This is why I've stayed single....until I get my career going. If I pass the bar then I'll start looking....I mean, we can plan our wedding Happy Hour.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

vness.jd17

New

Post by vness.jd17 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:23 pm

OMG i'm so sorry... I understand your pain...my fiance has been nothing but the best, but I know i have been making life a living hell for him. Its really hard to have someone having so much confidence in you when you barely have any in yourself and that's how i feel every day. He tells me every day that there is no way I didn't pass and it's too much to think of what happens if I don't actually pass. It's easier said than done to be strong during this extremely stressful time. I'm in Albany and the last 2 days have been awful not just for waiting but for the weather too. I wish you the best!!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:23 pm

GoBills4life wrote:This is why I've stayed single....until I get my career going. If I pass the bar then I'll start looking....I mean, we can plan our wedding Happy Hour.

"
GoBills4life wrote:This is why I've stayed single....until I get my career going. If I pass the bar then I'll start looking..."
my heart stopped. I didn't finish reading the sentence. I can't read the whole sentence.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm

i'm exactly that person too!!!!!!!!!
ahhh I wish we could go!!!!

vness.jd17

New

Post by vness.jd17 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:26 pm

LOL!
anyone down for some apple cobbler?[/quote]

Saw it a few weeks ago....definitely good, but as a 80s baby the original is still the best... I did cry and I'm not sure if it was bc of the movie or just the stress of awaiting bar results...[/quote]

I guess I"ll just wait. its going to make me cry too.[/quote]

I have cried over the most ridiculous things the past few weeks...one would think I was pregnant or permanently PMSing lol. It did help get my mind off the bar for a few hours.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:29 pm

puremorning wrote:
batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
I love my dog but I am so tired. He is a lot of work. He keeps waking up earlier and earlier, I don't know how to stop it
That's why pugs are the best. They're so lazy. Except that I wake up earlier than my fiance so even though he walks them in the morning they just follow me around and get fur on my work clothes and beg.
I heard that pugs have a lot of health problems and sometimes their eyes pop out??

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:30 pm

vness.jd17 wrote:LOL!

Saw it a few weeks ago....definitely good, but as a 80s baby the original is still the best... I did cry and I'm not sure if it was bc of the movie or just the stress of awaiting bar results...[/quote]

I guess I"ll just wait. its going to make me cry too.[/quote]

I have cried over the most ridiculous things the past few weeks...one would think I was pregnant or permanently PMSing lol. It did help get my mind off the bar for a few hours.[/quote]

My 3L year that happened a lot. My friends and I had a chat called "3L Or preganant" because it would happen so often.
Last edited by batmanandbaybreezes on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dionysius1

New

Post by dionysius1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:30 pm

puremorning wrote:
I love my dog but I am so tired. He is a lot of work. He keeps waking up earlier and earlier, I don't know how to stop it
That's why pugs are the best. They're so lazy. Except that I wake up earlier than my fiance so even though he walks them in the morning they just follow me around and get fur on my work clothes and beg.
I heard that pugs have a lot of health problems and sometimes their eyes pop out??

maybe I am tired, but that "eye" comment made me laugh out loud. sorry...my bad

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:33 pm

dionysius1 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

I've heard that too...and I hope that never happens to my pugs. Our rescue has so many health problems, she needs daily eye drops and should have her knees replaced, but we're poor so we just carry her everywhere instead. The other one is fine so far, just a brat.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:35 pm

guys...the moody feeling... you guys have right now...are very similar to women during their period. Feel it and understand it.

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:38 pm

puremorning wrote:
dionysius1 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

I've heard that too...and I hope that never happens to my pugs. Our rescue has so many health problems, she needs daily eye drops and should have her knees replaced, but we're poor so we just carry her everywhere instead. The other one is fine so far, just a brat.
Little dogs in general have a lot of knee problems. I have to give mine joint supplements at the age of four

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:guys...the moody feeling... you guys have right now...are very similar to women during their period. Feel it and understand it.
Can neither feel it nor understand it (thank God :lol: ). No psychological fluctuations here - no ups and downs. The fear is constant!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm

PersistentAttorney wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:guys...the moody feeling... you guys have right now...are very similar to women during their period. Feel it and understand it.
Can neither feel it nor understand it (thank God :lol: ). No psychological fluctuations here - no ups and downs. The fear is constant!
i'm craving strawberry cake now.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”