2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
happyhour1122

Silver

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:46 pm

I was looking at the past release date for Feb NY Bar,
it is definitely before April 30th. ....I'm so scared of the bar passage rate. Why is it so low? Even for the first time takers...its ridiculously low compared to the Aug exam.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:14 pm

Anoni-mous wrote:Here's to hoping IL releases early in the day on March 31... Last year results released around 10 am on April 1. However, July typically releases on October 1 and July 2016 results released late on Sept. 30.

On Sept. 30 I got my email around 4:45pm.
Last edited by virgoyum on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Estecontre wrote:
virgoyum wrote:
Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.

I didn't even take it this time around. I took off work the first time and I am not sure I got anything out of it except to freak me out. What I really needed was strategy and tried a tip I learned to answer questions. It was a major gamble so here's hoping.

What was that tip if you don't mind me asking?

Before I started each section, I quickly went through the entire exam looking at the call of the question and/or answers grouping and marking subject matter with one letter. I did all the questions in groups as opposed to flipping back and forth. I answered questions in order of my best tested subjects so I would answer all Torts then Con law then Contracts etc. Real Property was always last because there is no cell in this body that remotely liked anything about it and since half the time those questions took me longer, I made up for the loss time from grouping. Also, this way if there were questions I was iffy about or I did spend too much time on, they were dispersed throughout the exam instead of close to the end. Further the nervousness is diminished a little because I answering questions in order of confidence. To group, it took roughly 5-7 minutes before each section.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:29 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
virgoyum wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Retakers.............. we got this.

I pray so. I took for the first time last July and was so bummed. I didn't beat myself up too much because it was 5 years after law school and I work already. Then you add family, relationships, and general life ... I just hope I did what I needed to this time.

AMEN to that. 2 years out. Full time worker.. Full time relationship-er

It is rough. Especially if no one arounds you get it. I nearly broke down a couple of times. You kind of figure out how self-centered people are when you're not available to be there.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:31 pm

shc63 wrote:Based on the 4:46PM timestamped email I received Friday, Sept. 30 from the IL Bar peeps last year, I suspect this Friday will be another long and unproductive day at work... :|

I guess I would also release scores close to closing time if I were them - perhaps to avoid all the phone calls from distressed students?

To those who have been contacted by their processor post-bar regarding missing references, etc., I wouldn't sweat it and take it as a good sign. My theory is that our scores have already been finalized days or maybe weeks ago, and that our processors wouldn't go to the bother of verifying our files if we failed. This is based on what I experienced last July. Both my friend and I were waiting for bar results. We both had questionable areas in our C&F/app files. He was contacted a week or so before the official score release on Sept. 30 about some details in his file. I wasn't. He passed. I didn't. Just a theory..

I am image-training myself - imagining opening up a message at around 4:40 PM this Friday that starts off with "We regret to advise ..." Expecting/hoping for a pass and seeing a fail was way too difficult to bear last time around. I suspect expecting a fail will make me feel better either way come Friday.

Good luck to all...and hope I don't see any of you after Friday :wink:

Yeah my boss is General Counsel and we have sh*t to do lol. I think that's my only outstanding reference. Hopefully on Friday I can say I have dome really good news and tell him to stop playing games with my reference lol.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:34 pm

I really wish everyone the best news this week if we find out on Friday. My boss, who I very much look up to, said he didn't know what he would do if he had to take the bar today. I think that is saying A LOT. Good or bad, whatever happens, know we have worked hard!

LMMadison

New

Postby LMMadison » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:38 pm

Working is a help to keep my mind off of results, but am really starting to get distracted. Both impatient for results, and worried about receiving them.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:47 pm

what time will NY release the results? any ideas?

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:59 pm

LMMadison wrote:Working is a help to keep my mind off of results, but am really starting to get distracted. Both impatient for results, and worried about receiving them.

It's not helping to keep my mind off at all. If anything I have been more of a Zombie so I pushed out a couple of deadlines.

thewait17

New

Postby thewait17 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:13 pm

virgoyum wrote:
LMMadison wrote:Working is a help to keep my mind off of results, but am really starting to get distracted. Both impatient for results, and worried about receiving them.

It's not helping to keep my mind off at all. If anything I have been more of a Zombie so I pushed out a couple of deadlines.

Same. Complete zombie.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:11 pm

Dave Chappelle's special is out on Netlfix. Very funny! Good way to lighten your mood. I liked the first episode the best.

Today has been rough. I've searched bar exam hashtags on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. One poster on Twitter got their results and I was this close to asking what state just in case NC got their letter but I think they were from the Phillipines.

FML :cry:

Anoni-mous

New

Postby Anoni-mous » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:14 pm

virgoyum wrote:Dave Chappelle's special is out on Netlfix. Very funny! Good way to lighten your mood. I liked the first episode the best.

Today has been rough. I've searched bar exam hashtags on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. One poster on Twitter got their results and I was this close to asking what state just in case NC got their letter but I think they were from the Phillipines.

Seeing that would literally stop my heart...

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:18 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:what time will NY release the results? any ideas?

Last year I heard NY released it on midnight which is not unheard of other states. My friend who took it 6 years ago in IL got her results midnight on a Saturday (Oct 1) but was out partying to take her mind off of it.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Anoni-mous wrote:
virgoyum wrote:Dave Chappelle's special is out on Netlfix. Very funny! Good way to lighten your mood. I liked the first episode the best.

Seeing that would literally stop my heart...

You have no idea. But I can't stop. I tend to ratchet up the crazy until day of. I really hope this 2nd time around I can feel good at the end of it.

shc63

New

Postby shc63 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Add one more zombie to the list...today was such a wash

At this point, I'm actually hoping my bar admission processor inquires me about parts of my application..as some sign that I have a passing score.

I actually wrote my processor earlier today to ask if all my components were in order. No response yet. Now I realize I might've put him in a tight spot if I did not pass :mrgreen: :|

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:30 pm

shc63 wrote:Add one more zombie to the list...today was such a wash

At this point, I'm actually hoping my bar admission processor inquires me about parts of my application..as some sign that I have a passing score.

I actually wrote my processor earlier today to ask if all my components were in order. No response yet. Now I realize I might've put him in a tight spot if I did not pass :mrgreen: :|

I can't even bother with that cause I can see when I log in that my boss's reference is outstanding. If she calls or sends a message this week I'm hoping it's a good sign. I received a notification 2.5 weeks ago but I don't think that means anything.

Bimmerfan

New

Postby Bimmerfan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:27 am

Just curious, but do you guys prefer that results be posted online for the public (pass list), or do you prefer single emails indicating whether you passed or didn't?

My state (PA) does the former, but I think I would prefer an email...

Anoni-mous

New

Postby Anoni-mous » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:42 am

Bimmerfan wrote:Just curious, but do you guys prefer that results be posted online for the public (pass list), or do you prefer single emails indicating whether you passed or didn't?

Does not matter to me either way... I just want these results. If people take the time to scan lists for hours to weed out those who failed... they are going to find out one way or another.

lolabear727

Bronze

Postby lolabear727 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 am

I hear that it is usually around or after midnight.. Likely a Thursday for February results (historically). My guess will be 4/20, 12:13am EST.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:27 am

lolabear727 wrote:

I hear that it is usually around or after midnight.. Likely a Thursday for February results (historically). My guess will be 4/20, 12:13am EST.

Omg....omg omg omg

LMMadison

New

Postby LMMadison » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:30 am

Fml - really can't take bad news. Too close, too real ya'll.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:34 am

Bimmerfan wrote:Just curious, but do you guys prefer that results be posted online for the public (pass list), or do you prefer single emails indicating whether you passed or didn't?

I like that IL is not public.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:04 pm

I feel that once NC takers start announcing their results it will be the end of the beginning. Gosh I need this to be over over over.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:13 pm

i'm very curious to know how this new 25 experimental questions are going to change the score.

thewait17

New

Postby thewait17 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:20 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:i'm very curious to know how this new 25 experimental questions are going to change the score.

Wondering the same thing..scared it was just less opportunity for points in my case, but who knows.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?