Bronze

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby StarLightSpectre » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:48 pm

maxmartin wrote:
StarLightSpectre wrote:Ayyyyy

Nebraska scores just came out.

I passed.

UBE? Do you know the passing rate?

Yep, UBE. I don't know anything. They sent this janky looking email that just said your Name, Seat Number, and Pass/No Pass.

Its a 270 pass so unless they fucked up grading its gonna be chill to transfer to other markets.

Also, for those wanting to get more stressed out bout results:

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/grace-h ... aaba9.html

maxmartin

Silver

Postby maxmartin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:53 pm

StarLightSpectre wrote:
maxmartin wrote:

I passed.

Yep, UBE. I don't know anything. They sent this janky looking email that just said your Name, Seat Number, and Pass/No Pass.

Its a 270 pass so unless they fucked up grading its gonna be chill to transfer to other markets.

Also, for those wanting to get more stressed out bout results:

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/grace-h ... aaba9.html

Congrats, 270 can get into most UBE states!

eatthebarforlunch

New

Postby eatthebarforlunch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm

maxmartin wrote:

I passed.

Can you tell us what you put for the family law essay and any other essays you can remember?

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:03 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
virgoyum wrote:
JDNE wrote:
virgoyum wrote:
PrayingToTheBarGods wrote:virgoyum.... Don't give up!!! Ur gonna kill it next time!!! I've been outta law school for 5 years, and finally on the 3rd try I passed the exam. I've had teachers tell me I wasn't cut out for law school or the career... It took a few tries, but I'm stubborn as hell, and I did it! Find that fire in ur belly and don't give up!!!!!

Wow I'm so glad for you! I hope you celebrated. That's powerful that you didn't let any teachers/naysayera hold you back.

I agree, virgoyum, don't give up! You're a good person, and though I don't even know you, I can tell from the things you've posted here. Don't ever give up. EVER. Keep swinging that bat and keep taking the test, and never give up. I don't know my results for a few more weeks and if I get bad news I'll just climb back up on that little pony. Hell, I already booked hotels up north in case I have to fly up and do it again. So hang in, dust yourself off, and please don't ever give up. The legal profession needs kind souls like yours.

You're so kind. Thank you so much for the words. I'm actually overwhelmed by the amount of support. I know I can do this I just have to approach mastering this sort of the way I did in law school, not the way a program is designed.

Per waiting on results, you know we're here to cheer you on good or bad I'm just inclined to believe GOOD! I'll be here with the congratulations :)!

I'm going to support you until you post here I PASSED MY BAR

Thank you so much!!! You're the best. I'm going to keep pushing!

I pretty much put all my barbri books in storage save for the CMR and essay book. I have the 2015-16 Kaplan book I purchased on Amazon but couldn't get to and have also added the Emmanuel books. I will hold off on Adaptibar until closer to bar prep if needed because there are quite a bit of MBE questions in there and it appears I have increased my MBE score by 15 pts to 139 which would have been great if didn't nosedive on the essays. As such, I am printing all previous IL essay questions to practice more on my time management with live content. I have a huge problem staying on task under limited time constraints especially when anxious which is one of the reasons I do not think Barbri was a good fit for me. Not once did a grader provide feedback on writing leaner essays or tips to be mindful on time. It was all great content and I never got lower than a 4 out of 6. Actually I have got more helpful information in the last 3 days for free than the amount I paid for that course. To help with outlining, I am considering purchasing lean sheets since it's only $30 bucks with the coupon. Once I finish designing my schedule, I plan on studying each subject cold, then moving on to the next once I have mastered it instead of the bar prep cram fest. If I can get my schedule finalized tonight, I plan on starting as early as tomorrow.

Hopefully I can catch you guys on here periodically, but I can totally understand if you summarily bail on the rest of us loooool.

Appreciate the support and still rooting for that good news letter for you :)

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:10 pm

YalteseFalcon wrote:Hear, hear.

Virgoyum, what's your avatar? Is that Robert Downey Jr.?

And I'm with you 100%. Who knows whether my name will be on that list for PA in a few days (weeks?) time? Regardless, we're all in this together--we just want to work in the field for which we spilled so much blood, sweat, and tears in preparation.

It's actually inspiring to see so much peer support in this particular subforum of TLS. I've been on many law school forums over the years, full of nastiness and demeaning remarks that reflect horribly on the legal profession. It's refreshing to see the bar review threads (like the ones I've seen here), with positive peer pressure, encouragement, and kind words.

One way or another, we will all be working together in some capacity. In the past I've become cynical about the legal profession because of the negativity around certain online enclaves. Spending time here has been quite a change of pace, and has made be feel much more inspired about working in this field.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who has yet to receive results. If you pass, bravo to you. Treat yourself and your family/spouse/whomever to a nice dinner (YOUR TREAT). If you don't pass, start saving up for that dinner--because sooner or later, it will happen.

Lol you've never heard of Salt Bae? He's some chef in Turkey and he's like the most extra of individuals. Check this out: https://twitter.com/Complex/status/8185 ... 77/video/1. Watch till the end so you can see where I got the pic from :lol:

DITTO!!!! The peer support has been awesome here and I am super glad that we can all be there for each other. You have come this far and I can't wait to see the "I passed!" once your PA results are released!

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:12 pm

I passed.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! Shots on you! :lol:

Congratulations and make sure to celebrate like it's Friday on a Monday!

StarLightSpectre

Bronze

Postby StarLightSpectre » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:18 pm

virgoyum wrote:

I passed.

Pretty sure they did this on purpose. Had i gotten this news friday, things would gotten weird af.

TeamPoppy

New

Postby TeamPoppy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:42 pm

StarLightSpectre wrote:
virgoyum wrote:

I passed.

Pretty sure they did this on purpose. Had i gotten this news friday, things would gotten weird af.

Congrats on the pass Star. I also got the weird janky email with the passing note. And, like you, I remember the 2014 screw up where they had 2-3 people who they said passed (but failed) and 2-3 who they said failed (but passed). While part of me hopes that a lesson would be learned and results would be more scrutinized before they were released, 10% of me will not be fully comfortable until after we're actually sworn in.

The Bar made me miss law school and law school tests more than I ever thought possible. To all those who didn't pass...don't give up. There are no words that make that gut punch feel better. Just remember that you made it this far for a reason, and that reason is that you're really damn smart. Nothing in like will make you question that thought like the Bar, but it's true. Trust yourself; you can do it.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:47 am

ANYONE RECEIVED THE BAR EXAM SURVEY TODAY? ny

Roclandsfinest23

Bronze

Postby Roclandsfinest23 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:54 am

happyhour1122 wrote:ANYONE RECEIVED THE BAR EXAM SURVEY TODAY? ny

Yes, just got it...

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:47 am

Roclandsfinest23 wrote:

Yes, just got it...

holy, why the f would they do that!!

Roclandsfinest23

Bronze

Postby Roclandsfinest23 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:49 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:

Yes, just got it...

LOL I know, my heart dropped

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:52 am

Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:

Yes, just got it...

I only freaked out because there is a rumor in other states that if you are randomly selected for the survey, you failed.

AP5623

New

Postby AP5623 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:57 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:

Yes, just got it...

I only freaked out because there is a rumor in other states that if you are randomly selected for the survey, you failed.

nah, I have a lot of friends that took NY bar in July got the survey and passed.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:59 am

AP5623 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:

Yes, just got it...

nah, I have a lot of friends that took NY bar in July got the survey and passed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope you are right.
Sorry I'm over-reacting :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

AP5623

New

Postby AP5623 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:01 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
AP5623 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:

Yes, just got it...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope you are right.
Sorry I'm over-reacting :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

totally get it, hope I eased a little bit of that for you :D

lolabear727

Bronze

Postby lolabear727 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:18 pm

totally get it, hope I eased a little bit of that for you :D[/quote]

It eased them for me. My god.. lol Happyhour, stop freaking me out!

YalteseFalcon

New

Postby YalteseFalcon » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:51 pm

Anyone have the latest stats for the most recently released states? Looks like everything's been all over the place.

squiggle

Bronze

Postby squiggle » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:05 pm

YalteseFalcon wrote:Anyone have the latest stats for the most recently released states? Looks like everything's been all over the place.

You can find some of the stats here: https://deceptivelyblonde.com/bar-exam-results/

shaq23

New

Postby shaq23 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:47 pm

For those who have passed congratulations!!

Does anyone have their actual MBE score and is willing to share their practice MBE score vs. actual? Curious to know what the new scale conversion is like.

deceptivelyblonde

New

Postby deceptivelyblonde » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:02 am

YalteseFalcon wrote:Anyone have the latest stats for the most recently released states? Looks like everything's been all over the place.

If the states published their stats to the public, I update them to this website here as soon as they are released.

http://deceptivelyblonde.weebly.com/bar ... stics.html

So far I have:
Kansas ~ 66%
Iowa ~ 69%
North Dakota ~ 39%
West Virginia ~ 52.4%

It also goes back a few years if you want to compare :)

HiOCEAN

New

Postby HiOCEAN » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:29 am

virgoyum wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
virgoyum wrote:
JDNE wrote:
virgoyum wrote:
PrayingToTheBarGods wrote:virgoyum.... Don't give up!!! Ur gonna kill it next time!!! I've been outta law school for 5 years, and finally on the 3rd try I passed the exam. I've had teachers tell me I wasn't cut out for law school or the career... It took a few tries, but I'm stubborn as hell, and I did it! Find that fire in ur belly and don't give up!!!!!

Wow I'm so glad for you! I hope you celebrated. That's powerful that you didn't let any teachers/naysayera hold you back.

I agree, virgoyum, don't give up! You're a good person, and though I don't even know you, I can tell from the things you've posted here. Don't ever give up. EVER. Keep swinging that bat and keep taking the test, and never give up. I don't know my results for a few more weeks and if I get bad news I'll just climb back up on that little pony. Hell, I already booked hotels up north in case I have to fly up and do it again. So hang in, dust yourself off, and please don't ever give up. The legal profession needs kind souls like yours.

You're so kind. Thank you so much for the words. I'm actually overwhelmed by the amount of support. I know I can do this I just have to approach mastering this sort of the way I did in law school, not the way a program is designed.

Per waiting on results, you know we're here to cheer you on good or bad I'm just inclined to believe GOOD! I'll be here with the congratulations :)!

I'm going to support you until you post here I PASSED MY BAR

Thank you so much!!! You're the best. I'm going to keep pushing!

I pretty much put all my barbri books in storage save for the CMR and essay book. I have the 2015-16 Kaplan book I purchased on Amazon but couldn't get to and have also added the Emmanuel books. I will hold off on Adaptibar until closer to bar prep if needed because there are quite a bit of MBE questions in there and it appears I have increased my MBE score by 15 pts to 139 which would have been great if didn't nosedive on the essays. As such, I am printing all previous IL essay questions to practice more on my time management with live content. I have a huge problem staying on task under limited time constraints especially when anxious which is one of the reasons I do not think Barbri was a good fit for me. Not once did a grader provide feedback on writing leaner essays or tips to be mindful on time. It was all great content and I never got lower than a 4 out of 6. Actually I have got more helpful information in the last 3 days for free than the amount I paid for that course. To help with outlining, I am considering purchasing lean sheets since it's only $30 bucks with the coupon. Once I finish designing my schedule, I plan on studying each subject cold, then moving on to the next once I have mastered it instead of the bar prep cram fest. If I can get my schedule finalized tonight, I plan on starting as early as tomorrow.

Hopefully I can catch you guys on here periodically, but I can totally understand if you summarily bail on the rest of us loooool.

Appreciate the support and still rooting for that good news letter for you :)

If you got a 139 on MBE, you are in good shape. You can totally do this. One thing I found lacking in all the bar prep companies was a lack of rule statements given outright for us to memorize. Luckily I found http://www.smartbarprep.com/ a month before the exam. It basically gives you rule statements to memorize arranged on likelihood of appearing on the test. It's awesome. Don't even "study" the subjects right now. if you got a 139 on the MBE, that means you know the material. So, just start memorizing the rules statements like NOW and in about a month, just start going through practice essays and apply the rule statements. At that point I think you can do a more comprehensive study. Good luck!

ehleez

New

Postby ehleez » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:18 am

Chevron Deference wrote:I fluctuate every few days from believing I passed to thinking I failed again.

#samesies

There's no in between.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:48 am

ehleez wrote:
Chevron Deference wrote:I fluctuate every few days from believing I passed to thinking I failed again.

#samesies

There's no in between.

Me too...
One minute I am all positive. The other, I'm all depressed. My co workers noticed it. So bad..

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?