2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
happyhour1122

Silver

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Worst thing about being a retaker....wherever you go everyone asks you about the bar and whether you still have a job and whether I have a plan for my life. I wish they all die. Shit.

pdwannabe

New

Postby pdwannabe » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:24 am

happyhour1122 wrote:Worst thing about being a retaker....wherever you go everyone asks you about the bar and whether you still have a job and whether I have a plan for my life. I wish they all die. Shit.

completely agree. worst thing I'm scared of for failing again is having to tell everyone again. I just can't do that

shc63

New

Postby shc63 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:44 am

pdwannabe wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Worst thing about being a retaker....wherever you go everyone asks you about the bar and whether you still have a job and whether I have a plan for my life. I wish they all die. Shit.

completely agree. worst thing I'm scared of for failing again is having to tell everyone again. I just can't do that

Yup..even worse when you work in a firm and everyone is quick to tell you how easy the IL bar is :x :x

EDIT: btw..how is it seriously only Wednesday?!!?

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:08 am

shc63 wrote:
pdwannabe wrote:

Yup..even worse when you work in a firm and everyone is quick to tell you how easy the IL bar is :x :x

This is what happened.
"Many lawyers fails the bar, you will be fine"
15 minutes later.
"OMG, did you guys hear? Anthony failed the bar, what happened to him?"

I'm not Anthony....still...I'm thinking.."shut the f up."

shc63

New

Postby shc63 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:19 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
shc63 wrote:
pdwannabe wrote:

This is what happened.
"Many lawyers fails the bar, you will be fine"
15 minutes later.
"OMG, did you guys hear? Anthony failed the bar, what happened to him?"

I'm not Anthony....still...I'm thinking.."shut the f up."

Exactly. Among transactional attorneys, failed bar results easily become the news of the year. And news spreads amazingly fast, even to your clients across the country...

Is it still Wednesday..

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:50 am

Oh gosh............
waiting is killing me

ndbigdave

Bronze

Postby ndbigdave » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:54 am

I was fortunate to pass my first test (Michigan) and I am waiting for Illinois results now, and though I cant relate as a re-taker, I can certainly imagine the feelings. As a first time taker everyone in your social circle (friends, colleagues, family) know the test is important and was (at least supposed to be) the central focus of your free time for MONTHS. Everyone asks how studying is going before hand (annoying but understandable), then follows up with the inevitable questions about "how you think you did" and finally after the results are out having to explain if you passed/failed. The last portion was the one that kept me up at night and pushed me to study a bit more - just not having to repeat the same explanation and hear the half-assed "youll get it next time" responses from people who knew nothing about it.

Ill also agree, outside of the nerves just before the test and a few "2am wake-ups in a panic telling myself I didnt study enough" the worst part was waiting. The test itself didnt even feel like a big deal and I was relieved to be done.

In Michigan there was really no historical trend to go off of, just a "best guess," so though I was impatient results were just eventually going to "appear." In fact, Michigan just posts the results to the webpage and you either keep checking the site or wait for word of mouth to spread. I only knew they were up after a friend texted me. This time around I have March 31 circled and highlighted - I think knowing (or being fairly certain) of the release date only makes this waiting worse. To know (or be fairly certain) of the date makes every vibrate of my phone for a new email borderline heart-stopping. Friday is going to be a shit-show.

thewait17

New

Postby thewait17 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:01 pm

ndbigdave wrote:

I was fortunate to pass my first test (Michigan) and I am waiting for Illinois results now, and though I cant relate as a re-taker, I can certainly imagine the feelings. As a first time taker everyone in your social circle (friends, colleagues, family) know the test is important and was (at least supposed to be) the central focus of your free time for MONTHS. Everyone asks how studying is going before hand (annoying but understandable), then follows up with the inevitable questions about "how you think you did" and finally after the results are out having to explain if you passed/failed. The last portion was the one that kept me up at night and pushed me to study a bit more - just not having to repeat the same explanation and hear the half-assed "youll get it next time" responses from people who knew nothing about it.

Ill also agree, outside of the nerves just before the test and a few "2am wake-ups in a panic telling myself I didnt study enough" the worst part was waiting. The test itself didnt even feel like a big deal and I was relieved to be done.

In Michigan there was really no historical trend to go off of, just a "best guess," so though I was impatient results were just eventually going to "appear." In fact, Michigan just posts the results to the webpage and you either keep checking the site or wait for word of mouth to spread. I only knew they were up after a friend texted me. This time around I have March 31 circled and highlighted - I think knowing (or being fairly certain) of the release date only makes this waiting worse. To know (or be fairly certain) of the date makes every vibrate of my phone for a new email borderline heart-stopping. Friday is going to be a shit-show.

Agreed... I am totally useless at work this week. Doesn't help that I have people asking me how I'm feeling every 20 minutes. :roll:

HiOCEAN

New

Postby HiOCEAN » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:05 pm

I know waiting for the results is horrible, but keep things in perspective. It's not like you're waiting for the doctor to call you with test results for cancer or something. If anyone has gone through that, or have a loved one go through that, you know what that wait feels like :cry: .

catcher77

New

Postby catcher77 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Just got my results (live in VA) from NC and I passed! I am a retaker who took both tests while working full time.

HiOCEAN

New

Postby HiOCEAN » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:07 pm

catcher77 wrote:Just got my results (live in VA) from NC and I passed! I am a retaker who took both tests while working full time.

Congrats! Good job!

gboston87

New

Postby gboston87 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:09 pm

catcher77 wrote:Just got my results (live in VA) from NC and I passed! I am a retaker who took both tests while working full time.

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what bar prep course did you take? what did you get on the simulated exams and on the actual MBE?

ndbigdave

Bronze

Postby ndbigdave » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:10 pm

Related, but pivoting the discussion a bit...

What is your plan for handling the results?

My anticipation is that results will be released on Friday, what time? Beats me. I am set to work 8am to roughly 4pm. In Illinois I know I will receive an email to check my account for an update. In my specific case my girlfriend has also taken the exam so we are going to wait until we both have the results and open them together at home with alcohol to follow one way or the other.

Any specific plans you all have? Or will you open them immediately at your desk at work/home or on phone or will you wait to be with significant other or family?

My first time around I was at work when I got a text stating results were posted. In Michigan it is just one long list of seat numbers that passed. As results came about a week (or two) earlier than I was expecting I was totally off guard and wasnt even thinking. I was BS-ing with an attorney buddy and a fellow law clerk when I got the text, I said something to the effect "OMG the results are out, give me a sec" i went to the webpage, scrolled through the numbers, saw mine, double-checked it said "PASSED" and just whipped around to say "I passed." I then bear hugged my attorney buddy which was admittedly weird (we weren't THAT close). Afterwards my girlfriend was pissed I didnt wait to see the results with her (this happened in the early afternoon, she was in class at the time and I was at work) she and I did live together so I did feel a bit like an ass for not thinking of her first...this time around I actually have a plan.

So what is your plan?
Last edited by ndbigdave on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thewait17

New

Postby thewait17 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:18 pm

ndbigdave wrote:Related, but pivoting the discussion a bit...

My anticipation is that results will be released on Friday, what time? Beats me. I am set to work 8am to roughly 4pm. In Illinois I know I will receive and email to check my account for an update. In my specific case my girlfriend has also taken the exam so we are going to wait until we both have the results and open them together at home with alcohol to follow one way or the other.

Any specific plans you all have? Or will you open them immediately at your desk at work/home or on phone or will you wait to be with significant other or family?

My first time around I was at work when I got a test stating results were posted. In Michigan it is just one long list of seat numbers that passed. As results came about a week (or two) earlier than I was expecting I was totally off guard and wasnt even thinking. I was BS-ing with an attorney buddy and a fellow law clerk when I got the text, I said something to the effect "OMG the results are out, give me a sec" i went to the webpage, scrolled through the numbers, saw mine, double-checked it said "PASSED" and just whipped around to say "I passed." I then bear hugged my attorney buddy which was admittedly weird (we weren't THAT close). Afterwards my girlfriend was pissed I didnt wait to see the results with her (this happened in the early afternoon, she was in class at the time and I was at work) she and I did live together so I did feel a bit like an ass for not thinking of her first...this time around I actually have a plan.

So what is your plan?

Waiting in IL as well, I'm expecting them to come out around 5pm based on July 2016's results. If it nears that time and still no results, I'll probably hang around the office a bit and have some beers. A few attorneys plan on taking me out afterwards. Of course, I will regret this plan if I get bad news..

LMMadison

New

Postby LMMadison » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:27 pm

ndbigdave wrote:So what is your plan?

Assuming results late Friday afternoon, I plan to open them that evening with my SO. If good, there's no one else with whom I'd rather celebrate. And if bad, want to be in the privacy of my own apartment to plan/navigate next steps.

catcher77

New

Postby catcher77 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:29 pm

gboston87 wrote:

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what bar prep course did you take? what did you get on the simulated exams and on the actual MBE?

The first time I used Barbri and the second time I took Kaplan. NC does not tell you any information in regards to scores, just whether you passed or failed. I can't remember the simulated scores but I was performing average.

blaze1306

Bronze

Postby blaze1306 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:33 pm

This waiting is killing me!!!! And now I check the state website to check again ( for the 1000th time) and the website is down! What...are they updating with the list? Just an issue with the web? I'm going crazy!

shc63

New

Postby shc63 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Contemplating if I should wait to open my results on Monday to perhaps enjoy my weekend somewhat by not knowing I failed. Alternatively, contemplating whether I should forward the results to close friends to have them break the news for me...

The first time around, I was alone at work in my office, following a forum just like this, when my classmate sent me a text saying "congrats." I replied with a "???" He said he just found out he had passed, so he thought I surely did too. I opened my results as soon as I received mine to find out I failed. I refreshed and read the letter over and over again for about 40 minutes straight hoping it would miraculously change somehow. It was truly a very very bad, gloomy, and lonely weekend. Hoping to avoid that this time by not getting my hopes up...

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:43 pm

congrats!11
I still have a month to go,. I don't know what I"m doing here,,,,
THOSE WHO PASSED....PLEASE REMEMBER THIS FEELING AND SHARE YOUR METHODS TO PASSING!!!!!!!1

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:07 pm

shc63 wrote:Contemplating if I should wait to open my results on Monday to perhaps enjoy my weekend somewhat by not knowing I failed. Alternatively, contemplating whether I should forward the results to close friends to have them break the news for me...

The first time around, I was alone at work in my office, following a forum just like this, when my classmate sent me a text saying "congrats." I replied with a "???" He said he just found out he had passed, so he thought I surely did too. I opened my results as soon as I received mine to find out I failed. I refreshed and read the letter over and over again for about 40 minutes straight hoping it would miraculously change somehow. It was truly a very very bad, gloomy, and lonely weekend. Hoping to avoid that this time by not getting my hopes up...

I still remember that day....when all of my friends who had studied with me had passed...except me.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:10 pm

I just re-read released NY answer model (I really have nothing better to do).
I can't believe they wrote that in 3 hours. Especially the MPT from july 2016. Its really good.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Same here. Here's hoping. It's crazy because if I pass this time, I will be sworn in 6 years after graduation. Although it was rough to wait so long after law school my heart wasn't in it back then. I hope 2nd time is the charm for me.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:26 pm

shc63 wrote:
pdwannabe wrote:

yeah I think that's what would freak me about being in a firm. I've been in corporate since graduation and at my current co. for 3 years so it was really my own business until I said something.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:30 pm

ndbigdave wrote:Related, but pivoting the discussion a bit...

My anticipation is that results will be released on Friday, what time? Beats me. I am set to work 8am to roughly 4pm. In Illinois I know I will receive an email to check my account for an update. In my specific case my girlfriend has also taken the exam so we are going to wait until we both have the results and open them together at home with alcohol to follow one way or the other.

My first time around I was at work when I got a text stating results were posted. In Michigan it is just one long list of seat numbers that passed. As results came about a week (or two) earlier than I was expecting I was totally off guard and wasnt even thinking. I was BS-ing with an attorney buddy and a fellow law clerk when I got the text, I said something to the effect "OMG the results are out, give me a sec" i went to the webpage, scrolled through the numbers, saw mine, double-checked it said "PASSED" and just whipped around to say "I passed." I then bear hugged my attorney buddy which was admittedly weird (we weren't THAT close). Afterwards my girlfriend was pissed I didnt wait to see the results with her (this happened in the early afternoon, she was in class at the time and I was at work) she and I did live together so I did feel a bit like an ass for not thinking of her first...this time around I actually have a plan.

So what is your plan?

I'll do what I did last year. Open email before I leave work. If I pass I'm out the door and hitting up happy hour. If I don't, instead of going home immediately after work and wallowing as my girlfriends bring me food, I'm going to hide out in a movie theater and have them come over the next day.

coffee11

New

Postby coffee11 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:25 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:I just re-read released NY answer model (I really have nothing better to do).
I can't believe they wrote that in 3 hours. Especially the MPT from july 2016. Its really good.

Do you mind posting the link? I'm in the same boat...it's definitely unhealthy but I'm looking for ways to dwell on results

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?