2017 Results Thread - February Exam

davidtothej05
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby davidtothej05 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:00 am

Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:thank god maine is no ube


maine is ube




:lol:


Is Maine mbe for feb 2017? Where the results really bad?


I didn't count how many people where at the test, but 60 seems about right.

It was the last offering of the Maine Bar; it was not an easy test and tested a lot of areas people were not prepared for: fed tax, commercial paper, partnership, to name a few.

It is an MBE state, but 2/3 of the grade is state essays. Maine goes to UBE in July.

User avatar
ndnlawdc
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:09 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby ndnlawdc » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:52 pm

For what it's worth, my Minnesota results were posted to the online BLE portal at about 8:15 a.m. this morning.

(And thankfully, I passed, and even did so by a healthy margin.) Good luck all!

User avatar
virgoyum
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby virgoyum » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:11 pm

JDNE wrote:
virgoyum wrote:You're so kind. Thank you so much for the words. I'm actually overwhelmed by the amount of support. I know I can do this I just have to approach mastering this sort of the way I did in law school, not the way a program is designed.

Per waiting on results, you know we're here to cheer you on good or bad I'm just inclined to believe GOOD! I'll be here with the congratulations :)!

Aw, shucks, thank you. I guess my parents raised me right, even though one of them was a lawyer, hahaha.

Are you studying from model essay answers and explanations to the multiple choice questions? That's the place I would focus if I were you. That's where I focused and I left there feeling somewhat confident because I felt like they did not throw anything at me that I had not already seen (and understood and memorized) before. Of course, I still don't know if I passed or failed, so take that advice with a grain of salt. I won't know for another ten days. I'll check back with you. If I flunked that Bar I'll just do it again. But I know if I have to do it again, the only thing I'd do is memorize more of the law that I learned in the Kaplan PMBR and Barbri explanations and model answers. We're trying to move up to Boston so I hope I passed. We're moving either way so I will just commit to re-taking it, if necessary. NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER GIVE IN. WE GOT THIS. One way or another, we got this.


I definitely will spend more time studying the model answers this time around. My main focus is going to be timed practice. That is my weakness and I am losing too many pts simply by piss poor time management/anxiety. I've decided to write everything, no more computer studying to make sure I have the rule down pat. Hopefully the next time around, typing will be a breeze.

And yeessssssssss that's the spirit! Work work work. :D

User avatar
virgoyum
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby virgoyum » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:30 pm

blaze1306 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
blaze1306 wrote:I'm sorry I hijacked the thread it should get back to Feb. results. I will post when scores come out.



looking forward to it. It would really help us all


Ok so I got my scores today and I don't think taking the bar again will do me any good. I actually did worse this time than I did in July.

July 2016:
Passing-260
My score-249
Written scaled -132.4
My MBE-117

February 2017:
Passing-260
My score- 243
My written -123.3
My MBE-119.6

I'm thinking of giving up.


I don't think you should give up. I don't know if this is going to help you but I feel it helped me improve my mbe and it is what I did on test day. I would take a practice exam under timed conditions right now. Before starting each section, quickly go through the questions marking each of the 7 subjects with 1 or 2 letters and complete the mbe in order of subject mastery. For me, I answered the questions in the following order: Torts (T), Crim Law & Pro (CR), Con Law (CO), Contracts (K), Evidence (E), Property (P). See if this improves your score because it did for me. Jumping back and forth between topics gave me anxiety and it actually mixed up the law in my head sometimes. While it is a time risk, the idea is you would be shaving off time by answering content you've mastered quickly to add to weaker areas, but maintain confidence and focus because you have more control.

Take a stab at that before you make up your mind and see how it plays out.

User avatar
virgoyum
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby virgoyum » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:32 pm

amtornberg wrote:Florida results are up - passed Florida and the MBE!



WOOOP WOOOP!!! :D

maxmartin
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby maxmartin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:52 am

Big UBE states seem to be on par with previous Feb administrations. The passing rate of WA is 57.7%, just a fraction lower than Feb. 2016.

Impishee
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby Impishee » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:38 am

maxmartin wrote:Big UBE states seem to be on par with previous Feb administrations. The passing rate of WA is 57.7%, just a fraction lower than Feb. 2016.


Unfortunately, not sure we can say that yet. How many people took WA? MO had 259 people sit for the full exam and a 65.7% pass rate (down 9%-12% from the 74%-77% of the last two Feb admins if deceptively blonde is correct).

maxmartin
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby maxmartin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Impishee wrote:
maxmartin wrote:Big UBE states seem to be on par with previous Feb administrations. The passing rate of WA is 57.7%, just a fraction lower than Feb. 2016.


Unfortunately, not sure we can say that yet. How many people took WA? MO had 259 people sit for the full exam and a 65.7% pass rate (down 9%-12% from the 74%-77% of the last two Feb admins if deceptively blonde is correct).

355

maxmartin
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby maxmartin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:19 pm

I can't speak for others, but for me 25 has a negative effect. I scored 158 in July, and only managed 149 this time. And I didn't use any additional material to prepare for these two exams.

I am also shocked to see the break down score. During the practice, I rarely make any mistake in Torts, my correct rate is around 90%. But in the real exam, I only got 36% percentile.

The breakdown of score is totally unexpected, and I have no ideal how I got these scores. Civ 51%, Con 60%, Contract 76 Criminal 97 Evidence 91 Prop 77 Torts 36.

deceptivelyblonde
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby deceptivelyblonde » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Minnesota, Mississippi (35.6%), Montana (51.2%), Washington (57.7%), Virginia (53.19%), Wyoming (22 people passed) - Results all released April 14 or 15.

Bar Results ~ https://deceptivelyblonde.com/bar-exam-results/
Statistics since 2013 if you want to compare ~ http://deceptivelyblonde.weebly.com/bar ... stics.html

Nevada announced they come out May 17
Last edited by deceptivelyblonde on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deceptivelyblonde
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby deceptivelyblonde » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:03 pm

maxmartin wrote:
Impishee wrote:
maxmartin wrote:Big UBE states seem to be on par with previous Feb administrations. The passing rate of WA is 57.7%, just a fraction lower than Feb. 2016.


Unfortunately, not sure we can say that yet. How many people took WA? MO had 259 people sit for the full exam and a 65.7% pass rate (down 9%-12% from the 74%-77% of the last two Feb admins if deceptively blonde is correct).

355


The statistics from 2016 and 2015 are from the NCBE website so they should be correct. WA had 355 take it. 205 passed. Almost all of the ones that came out April 14 were lower than last year.

JoeSeperac
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby JoeSeperac » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:15 pm

maxmartin wrote:I can't speak for others, but for me 25 has a negative effect. I scored 158 in July, and only managed 149 this time. And I didn't use any additional material to prepare for these two exams.

I am also shocked to see the break down score. During the practice, I rarely make any mistake in Torts, my correct rate is around 90%. But in the real exam, I only got 36% percentile.

The breakdown of score is totally unexpected, and I have no ideal how I got these scores. Civ 51%, Con 60%, Contract 76 Criminal 97 Evidence 91 Prop 77 Torts 36.



Do you mind posting the full values (with decimals) along with the total MBE percentile? I plan to make a calculator that will tell you your % correct for each subject once I collect enough scores. If anyone else wants to help, just post your exam state, scaled MBE score, total UBE score, and the percentiles for each MBE subject along with the total MBE percentile (please enter the entire number including the decimal value but omit the % sign - e.g. 54.6). Feel free to just copy/paste/fill in the below template:

Exam state:
MBE Scaled Score:
Total UBE score:
Civil Procedure %tile:
Constitutional Law %tile:
Contracts %tile:
Criminal Law %tile:
Evidence %tile:
Property %tile:
Torts %tile:
MBE Total %tile:

User avatar
ndnlawdc
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:09 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby ndnlawdc » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:36 pm

JoeSeperac wrote:Do you mind posting the full values (with decimals) along with the total MBE percentile? I plan to make a calculator that will tell you your % correct for each subject once I collect enough scores. If anyone else wants to help, just post your exam state, scaled MBE score, total UBE score, and the percentiles for each MBE subject along with the total MBE percentile (please enter the entire number including the decimal value but omit the % sign - e.g. 54.6). Feel free to just copy/paste/fill in the below template:

Exam state:
MBE Scaled Score: 163.8
Total UBE score: 315
Civil Procedure %tile:
Constitutional Law %tile:
Contracts %tile:
Criminal Law %tile:
Evidence %tile:
Property %tile:
Torts %tile:
MBE Total %tile:


Where does this info come from? From Minnesota I got my total UBE score, and when I purchased my NCBE report I only got the MEE/MBE breakdown (posted above, FWIW). I assumed my $25 would get me more than the breakdown!

deceptivelyblonde
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby deceptivelyblonde » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:34 pm

Does anyone know where SC is now posting their results. I can't find anyplace on the new website where they'll publish it.

JoeSeperac
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby JoeSeperac » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:53 am

Where does this info come from? From Minnesota I got my total UBE score, and when I purchased my NCBE report I only got the MEE/MBE breakdown (posted above, FWIW). I assumed my $25 would get me more than the breakdown!


Each state is different. For example, Missouri and Washington release the MBE subscore information to failing examinees.

GamecockEsq
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby GamecockEsq » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:20 am

deceptivelyblonde wrote:Does anyone know where SC is now posting their results. I can't find anyplace on the new website where they'll publish it.


I called last week, and they said they would be posting a notice of the release date in the "Court News" section on the main judicial webpage and also on the bar admissions webpage (the same link you have on your website). Based on historical trends, the announcement will come out tomorrow notifying us that the results will be posted on Friday on the bar admissions webpage.

User avatar
ndnlawdc
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:09 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby ndnlawdc » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:04 am

JoeSeperac wrote:
Where does this info come from? From Minnesota I got my total UBE score, and when I purchased my NCBE report I only got the MEE/MBE breakdown (posted above, FWIW). I assumed my $25 would get me more than the breakdown!


Each state is different. For example, Missouri and Washington release the MBE subscore information to failing examinees.


Thanks. I feel dumb paying for that NCBE report now, as I thought I would be getting subscore information for that price. :)

deceptivelyblonde
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby deceptivelyblonde » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:59 pm

Alabama (41.3%), Massachusetts (47.8%), Oregon (65%), Vermont (52.5%) all came out April 21.

So far:
The Statistics for 15 states fell (4 more than 10%). 5 rose (2 more than 10%). 7 unknown. 2 Stayed the same or less than 1% change.

If you're interested, I have a map showing which states went up, which went down, etc. http://deceptivelyblonde.weebly.com/bar ... stics.html

maxmartin
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby maxmartin » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:34 am

deceptivelyblonde wrote:Alabama (41.3%), Massachusetts (47.8%), Oregon (65%), Vermont (52.5%) all came out April 21.

So far:
The Statistics for 15 states fell (4 more than 10%). 5 rose (2 more than 10%). 7 unknown. 2 Stayed the same or less than 1% change.

If you're interested, I have a map showing which states went up, which went down, etc. http://deceptivelyblonde.weebly.com/bar ... stics.html


Oregon, last mercy before the massacre, it is ridiculous to set passing UBE score at 284. LMAO.

User avatar
Leprechaun
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby Leprechaun » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:13 am

DeceptivelyBlonde, thanks so much for your website. As a Feb 2017 Texas taker, I've enjoyed keeping an eye on your page and seeing where the rest of the country is coming in at.

It has definitely helped me somewhat temper my expectations, and if I do happen to fail, will have given me some "comfort" in knowing that there is a LOT of fellow Feb 2017 bar takers that are going through the same feelings that I will be experiencing..

For me, the day Texas releases will either be a day of incredible joy, or a giant kick to the scrotum. Thanks to your site, I at least know to wear a cup on that day just in case.

6 to 9 more days of the waiting game, ugh.

deceptivelyblonde
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby deceptivelyblonde » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Leprechaun wrote:DeceptivelyBlonde, thanks so much for your website. As a Feb 2017 Texas taker, I've enjoyed keeping an eye on your page and seeing where the rest of the country is coming in at.

It has definitely helped me somewhat temper my expectations, and if I do happen to fail, will have given me some "comfort" in knowing that there is a LOT of fellow Feb 2017 bar takers that are going through the same feelings that I will be experiencing..

For me, the day Texas releases will either be a day of incredible joy, or a giant kick to the scrotum. Thanks to your site, I at least know to wear a cup on that day just in case.

6 to 9 more days of the waiting game, ugh.


I hope it helps - that's why I started it. After I took the test, I was so wrecked and my state (Iowa) gave us nothing to go on. It was awful. Hopefully having this information helps lessen the stress. Wishing you the absolute best and crossing my fingers for you! Go Texas!




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: logical seasoning and 14 guests