2017 Results Thread - February Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
virgoyum

Bronze

2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:01 pm

I have never created a thread in this forum but I thought some of you might need some TLC and support like myself, especially if the people around you don't really get what you've gone through and what you're going through. I just wanted to create a thread where we can vent, veg out, loiter, or talk about the things we like or plan to do to keep us busy other than talking about exam questions (please avoid doing that here since we already have a thread like that) while we await our results.

Since the exam, it's been hard to buckle down and focus on my work and I have yet to work out. I did make a slow return back to the things I love doing like TV and exploring the internet. I've been reading up on Myers-Briggs after learning I was an ENFP-T personality. I learned my personality prior to the bar to see if there were any techniques I could employ to help with studying. If you'd like to learn what is your type without paying for the test, 16personalities has a great version that's free. You can take the test here: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test. It can give you some ideas about your weaknesses and strengths, how you are in the workplace, parenting, etc. I have caught up on some shows too. I am obsessed with Designated Survivor and This is Us. Also Suits had a strong season. What are you watching? What are you doing? What's good?

:)

P.S: Not to scare anyone, but if last year is any indication, Illinois bar takers, like myself, may get their results March 30th. That's like in 2 & 1/2 weeks. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

happyhour1122

Silver

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:22 pm

:oops:
I'm going to puke. so nervous..
good luck with your results.............

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Greetings, from an ISTJ. As is my personality type's wont, I went to work on Friday after the bar and haven't really looked up since, except to house hunt on the weekends and explore life in a new jurisdiction (I took and passed in July 2014).

Designated Survivor, This is Us, Transparent, and Schitts Creek have been welcome distractions (seriously, Schitts Creek is brilliant for bingeing). But reading that Illinois released scores on 3/30 last year has raised my blood pressure significantly. I will need to find a new distraction pronto.

davidtothej05

New

Post by davidtothej05 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:43 pm

MA and ME; we have at least a month, or until the snow melts. Whichever is later. :roll:

Working like 60 hours a week. Not because we are that busy, but because I need to focus my energy elsewhere.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:38 pm

happyhour1122 wrote::oops:
I'm going to puke. so nervous..
good luck with your results.............
Sometimes I feel okay but it all started over again when they IBAB sent a request for reference since they were missing one from my boss. Now I feel uber self-conscious since I report directly to the General Counsel.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:48 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:Greetings, from an ISTJ. As is my personality type's wont, I went to work on Friday after the bar and haven't really looked up since, except to house hunt on the weekends and explore life in a new jurisdiction (I took and passed in July 2014).

Designated Survivor, This is Us, Transparent, and Schitts Creek have been welcome distractions (seriously, Schitts Creek is brilliant for bingeing). But reading that Illinois released scores on 3/30 last year has raised my blood pressure significantly. I will need to find a new distraction pronto.
I went to work Thursday when I should have given myself a day or worked remotely. Congrats on already having one under your belt. I graduated 6 years ago and took a shot at it for the first time last July. I didn't pass but tried not to beat myself up since I work full time and I graduated a while ago. I gave it another shot this February and hopefully the second time sticks.

Per release: I was referring to July. They said results would be released around the 1st two weeks in October, but historically it is released on the 1st. Since the 1st, fell on a Saturday they released the scores Sept. 30 instead of October 3rd. What I'm hoping is they decided on that route to give people the weekend to either grieve or celebrate.

I've never heard of Schitts Creek. Might check it out if it's good for bingeing. I am so glad Designated Survivor is back. The first episode pulled no punches!
Last edited by virgoyum on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:43 pm

davidtothej05 wrote:MA and ME; we have at least a month, or until the snow melts. Whichever is later. :roll:

Working like 60 hours a week. Not because we are that busy, but because I need to focus my energy elsewhere.
Shoot I am on an important project and as much as I want to get things done my emotions are majorly tied to the exam.

shaq23

New

Post by shaq23 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:05 pm

virgoyum wrote:....as much as I want to get things done my emotions are majorly tied to the exam.
I COMPLETELY feel your pain...

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:59 pm

Good post and some worthwhile information shared here already...

#1 - I also just took the Feb 2017 Illinois bar, I had heard that results should be expected on April 1 (as that is the historical date results are posted) - when I saw the 1st was a Saturday this year I wasnt sure if that meant we would "luck out" and receive them on March 30 or if that meant waiting until April 3 - I sure hope you are right about getting them on the 30th.

#2 - I endorse Schitts Creek - I get a lot of laughs and definitely is binge worthy as you can just rip through episodes. I am worked my way almost all the way through Suits again, watched the John Adams mini series and caught up on other episodes of shows.

#3 - Was curious if anyone knows if delays with my C&F (a handful of former employers and personal references) have yet to complete their paperwork, other than delaying my C&F approval (which I dont anticipate any issues with as I passed C&F in another state and am already licensed) I will still receive my pass/fail results whenever they are posted for everyone else - correct?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

umichman

Bronze

Post by umichman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:19 pm

Let's get a pass fail prediction poll going

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:53 pm

ndbigdave wrote:
#3 - Was curious if anyone knows if delays with my C&F (a handful of former employers and personal references) have yet to complete their paperwork, other than delaying my C&F approval (which I dont anticipate any issues with as I passed C&F in another state and am already licensed) I will still receive my pass/fail results whenever they are posted for everyone else - correct?
The only first hand knowledge I have is other jurisdictions post pass lists with an asterisk for those who need to pass MPRE or C&F. Since Illinois sends results individually, your surest bet is to ask your C&F processor. Mine has always been prompt to respond.

JDNE

New

Post by JDNE » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:37 am

virgoyum wrote:I have never created a thread in this forum but I thought some of you might need some TLC and support like myself, especially if the people around you don't really get what you've gone through and what you're going through. I just wanted to create a thread where we can vent, veg out, loiter, or talk about the things we like or plan to do to keep us busy other than talking about exam questions (please avoid doing that here since we already have a thread like that) while we await our results.
Great first thread! Thanks for the links to the Meyers Briggs test. I took one a long time ago and forget what the results said. I'm staying busy, too, and trying not to think of it too much. I wish I had more time to sleep right now, but that will come soon enough. I am not really nervous because, no matter what, we cannot ever become any LESS of a lawyer than we are right now, right? What's the worst that could happen? We don't pass. Oops, and then we are right where we already are. So passing would improve things in life quite a lot, yes, but if we don't pass we'll all just do it again because we've already come so far. We got this. Probably.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:36 am

JDNE wrote:
virgoyum wrote:I have never created a thread in this forum but I thought some of you might need some TLC and support like myself, especially if the people around you don't really get what you've gone through and what you're going through. I just wanted to create a thread where we can vent, veg out, loiter, or talk about the things we like or plan to do to keep us busy other than talking about exam questions (please avoid doing that here since we already have a thread like that) while we await our results.
Great first thread! Thanks for the links to the Meyers Briggs test. I took one a long time ago and forget what the results said. I'm staying busy, too, and trying not to think of it too much. I wish I had more time to sleep right now, but that will come soon enough. I am not really nervous because, no matter what, we cannot ever become any LESS of a lawyer than we are right now, right? What's the worst that could happen? We don't pass. Oops, and then we are right where we already are. So passing would improve things in life quite a lot, yes, but if we don't pass we'll all just do it again because we've already come so far. We got this. Probably.

I was an introvert before law school and now I just retook the test that says I'm an extrovert. All these networking changed me :twisted: :evil:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HiOCEAN

New

Post by HiOCEAN » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Feel excited about the results thinking I passed, then "what if I didn't pass", and stomach starts hurting ...

umichman

Bronze

Post by umichman » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Does anyone know how Illinois actually gives out results? Do they contemporaneously send out an Email that scores are posted? or do I just watch TLS all day until someone else posts that scores are posted as I have done for the LSAT and MPRE

Chevron Deference

Bronze

Post by Chevron Deference » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:50 pm

ndbigdave wrote:Good post and some worthwhile information shared here already...

#1 - I also just took the Feb 2017 Illinois bar, I had heard that results should be expected on April 1 (as that is the historical date results are posted) - when I saw the 1st was a Saturday this year I wasnt sure if that meant we would "luck out" and receive them on March 30 or if that meant waiting until April 3 - I sure hope you are right about getting them on the 30th.

#2 - I endorse Schitts Creek - I get a lot of laughs and definitely is binge worthy as you can just rip through episodes. I am worked my way almost all the way through Suits again, watched the John Adams mini series and caught up on other episodes of shows.

You will be notified with an email that you passed, however, you will not be able to be sworn in until you get your C & F in order.

Chevron Deference

Bronze

Post by Chevron Deference » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:51 pm

umichman wrote:Does anyone know how Illinois actually gives out results? Do they contemporaneously send out an Email that scores are posted? or do I just watch TLS all day until someone else posts that scores are posted as I have done for the LSAT and MPRE
You will get an email to look at your account and your results will be posted on the account, Illinois will not give you your score unless you failed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Chevron Deference

Bronze

Post by Chevron Deference » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:52 pm

I fluctuate every few days from believing I passed to thinking I failed again.

InterAlia1961

Bronze

Post by InterAlia1961 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Chevron Deference wrote:I fluctuate every few days from believing I passed to thinking I failed again.
Yep. I know how that goes.

I just finished binge-watching My Name is Earl on Netflix. Hysterical. Completely took my mind off the CBX.

RavenAgain

New

Post by RavenAgain » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:46 pm

HiOCEAN wrote:Feel excited about the results thinking I passed, then "what if I didn't pass", and stomach starts hurting ...
Dito. It was my fifth time. Each time I had some diversion, such as death in the family. Each time I did not study enough but still took the test. This time was the first "real time" with only small road blockers. My first real chance. ... Stats say around 10% foreigners pass...and that is including native speakers (such as UK) which I am not.

I followed the threads here. This time I will not silently wait in Europe where no one around me knows about the US format (in the UK, it is even open book in some legal exams, so not comparable!).

My moral character runs out this summer, so this was the last time. No idea what I have to do to extend if I failed.

BTW - Bingewatched "Sense8" last WE. Great entertainment for the duration of one season! The second season is out in MAY 2017 (just like CA results)...!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:24 am

I imagine everyday. What would be the first thing I'll do once I pass the exam? I'm going to act cool. 8) I'm going to stay calm and be thankful.
Just kidding. I don't know..............I'm so excited to pass the exam!!!!

If I don't pass?
You will probably see me in the news. "A recent bar taker takes her own life after finding out she did not pass." and the reporter will probably cite this forum. This is so f***** said. :roll:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:57 pm

I sat for VA and MA....and I fluctuate between I did fine, and OMG MY LIFE IS OVER!!!

Trying to distract myself, because for the last 3 weeks I was stressing so much that I would have literal chest pains.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:55 am

Retakers.............. we got this.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:18 pm

I'd probably walk on my head if I found out I passed. :) Never been this anxious or nervous for anything like this in my life. The only time I don't think about the results is when I'm asleep.

Chevron Deference

Bronze

Post by Chevron Deference » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:11 pm

If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”