2017 Results Thread - February Exam

gboston87
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby gboston87 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.


I got a 127 on the Sim MBE, which was about 66th percentile. I am a July 2016 retaker, I got a 140 scaled on the MBE.

Averaged about 60% on the Barbri StudySmart questions.

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm

Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.


I had a scaled 156 MBE in July 2014. For Barbri's simulated MBE, I believe I hit 130 and was averaging in the 60-65% on multiple choices. I felt like February's MBE was on par with the simulated Barbri MBE and July 2014 (and I'm hoping it brings me home from what felt like a rough essay day).

happyhour1122
Posts: 1060
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:56 pm

I had 105 ish in my simulated back in June 2016 and 133 (July 2016) in my real MBE. I failed. The second time I retook the simulated (I seriously did not remember any of the questions), I was able to score 137. We shall see if I pass this time or not.

squiggle
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:07 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby squiggle » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.


You might want to check out this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=268924

And this google doc, which has 2015 and 2016 tabs on the bottom: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vr09D0xHNrjofg8ZnGH3vWKOd2DO_OhakDUg4hhbi3k/edit#gid=0

LMMadison
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:14 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby LMMadison » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 am

Just checking in. Super nervous July retaker (came ever so close to passing). Really don't want to lose my job (which is in the balance).

Good luck everyone.

coffee11
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby coffee11 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:48 am

gboston87 wrote:
Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.


I got a 127 on the Sim MBE, which was about 66th percentile. I am a July 2016 retaker, I got a 140 scaled on the MBE.

Averaged about 60% on the Barbri StudySmart questions.


Hey everyone. Checking in as well because I'm thinking about results every waking minute and appreciate the solidarity.

@gboston87 - that seems like a good MBE mark from July. Did you get slammed on the essays?

gboston87
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby gboston87 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 am

coffee11 wrote:
gboston87 wrote:
Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.


I got a 127 on the Sim MBE, which was about 66th percentile. I am a July 2016 retaker, I got a 140 scaled on the MBE.

Averaged about 60% on the Barbri StudySmart questions.


Hey everyone. Checking in as well because I'm thinking about results every waking minute and appreciate the solidarity.

@gboston87 - that seems like a good MBE mark from July. Did you get slammed on the essays?


Unfortunately, yes. I got a 126 on my essays (14th percentile). I didn't do any studying or prepping for the essays because I was never comfortable with the MBE and the essays ended up killing me. I did a lot of studying for the essays this time around and tried to keep up with practice MBE questions. I think I did about 1200 for the July exam and about 700 for the February exam. I didn't feel good about the MBE in July and I didn't feel good about the MBE in February, but I guess that is what you're suppose to feel like. Good luck to everyone.

TheJuryMustDie
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:19 pm

gboston87 wrote:
coffee11 wrote:
gboston87 wrote:
Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.


I got a 127 on the Sim MBE, which was about 66th percentile. I am a July 2016 retaker, I got a 140 scaled on the MBE.

Averaged about 60% on the Barbri StudySmart questions.


Hey everyone. Checking in as well because I'm thinking about results every waking minute and appreciate the solidarity.

@gboston87 - that seems like a good MBE mark from July. Did you get slammed on the essays?


Unfortunately, yes. I got a 126 on my essays (14th percentile). I didn't do any studying or prepping for the essays because I was never comfortable with the MBE and the essays ended up killing me. I did a lot of studying for the essays this time around and tried to keep up with practice MBE questions. I think I did about 1200 for the July exam and about 700 for the February exam. I didn't feel good about the MBE in July and I didn't feel good about the MBE in February, but I guess that is what you're suppose to feel like. Good luck to everyone.


Gboston87, What state bar did you take? With that score, you would have passed in New York. Good luck on this.

gboston87
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby gboston87 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:40 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
gboston87 wrote:
coffee11 wrote:
gboston87 wrote:
Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.


I got a 127 on the Sim MBE, which was about 66th percentile. I am a July 2016 retaker, I got a 140 scaled on the MBE.

Averaged about 60% on the Barbri StudySmart questions.


Hey everyone. Checking in as well because I'm thinking about results every waking minute and appreciate the solidarity.

@gboston87 - that seems like a good MBE mark from July. Did you get slammed on the essays?


Unfortunately, yes. I got a 126 on my essays (14th percentile). I didn't do any studying or prepping for the essays because I was never comfortable with the MBE and the essays ended up killing me. I did a lot of studying for the essays this time around and tried to keep up with practice MBE questions. I think I did about 1200 for the July exam and about 700 for the February exam. I didn't feel good about the MBE in July and I didn't feel good about the MBE in February, but I guess that is what you're suppose to feel like. Good luck to everyone.


Gboston87, What state bar did you take? With that score, you would have passed in New York. Good luck on this.


MA, I wish I took NY too.

User avatar
Chevron Deference
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:51 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby Chevron Deference » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Barbri Simulated MBE - 130
Averaged about 60-75% on the study smart questions
Averaged about 64% on Adaptibar, the civ pro Adaptibar questions really brought my percentage down.

On the MBE I marked the questions I was not sure about, so based off my marks I felt pretty good about the morning and I had more questions I was unsure of in the afternoon.

I did ok on the essays in July so I did not focus on them as much this time around, however, I dedicated the last two weeks to going over as many essay questions as possible. So hopefully I did enough to do better for the essays this time around.

The MBE is what got me in July I scored pretty low, so hopefully a solid MBE score this time and an essay score right around where I was in July or higher should give me enough room to pass the Feb Bar.

User avatar
Chevron Deference
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:51 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby Chevron Deference » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:31 pm

squiggle wrote:
Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.


You might want to check out this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=268924

And this google doc, which has 2015 and 2016 tabs on the bottom: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vr09D0xHNrjofg8ZnGH3vWKOd2DO_OhakDUg4hhbi3k/edit#gid=0


Thank you squiggle this was really helpful.

gboston87
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby gboston87 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:23 am

Chevron Deference wrote:The MBE is what got me in July I scored pretty low, so hopefully a solid MBE score this time and an essay score right around where I was in July or higher should give me enough room to pass the Feb Bar.


If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up getting on the July MBE?

HiOCEAN
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby HiOCEAN » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:09 pm

I got an 85 on the barbri midterm (HORRENDOUS) in july and ended up scoring 139 scaled, which is not a bad score depending on jurisdiction.

User avatar
lolabear727
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby lolabear727 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:54 pm

I got a scaled 140 in FL 2015. Passed. This is my second bar. Did not study as much as before with working full time. Took February NY...

Anyone want to predict score release dates for no reason other than entertainment..?? I'm thinking NY 4/17. Since the application closes for July on 4/30. I'm assuming they'll give people a little break before they make the decision to take the next exam.

Acdc54
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:35 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby Acdc54 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm thinking 4/7 for PA?

User avatar
Chevron Deference
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:51 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby Chevron Deference » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:12 pm

gboston87 wrote:
Chevron Deference wrote:The MBE is what got me in July I scored pretty low, so hopefully a solid MBE score this time and an essay score right around where I was in July or higher should give me enough room to pass the Feb Bar.


If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up getting on the July MBE?


I believe it was a 125 scaled. I got a 92 on the Barbri simulated in July.
Last edited by Chevron Deference on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chevron Deference
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:51 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby Chevron Deference » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:14 pm

HiOCEAN wrote:I got an 85 on the barbri midterm (HORRENDOUS) in july and ended up scoring 139 scaled, which is not a bad score depending on jurisdiction.


That's a big jump! What was your study habits the last couple of weeks of bar prep to increase your score.

LMMadison
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:14 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby LMMadison » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:55 pm

HiOCEAN wrote:I got an 85 on the barbri midterm (HORRENDOUS) in july and ended up scoring 139 scaled, which is not a bad score depending on jurisdiction.


Similar: 87 barbri midterm (atrocious); 138 scaled. Came up short overall (after rounding) by a literal point. Sigh.

happyhour1122
Posts: 1060
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:15 pm

lolabear727 wrote:I got a scaled 140 in FL 2015. Passed. This is my second bar. Did not study as much as before with working full time. Took February NY...

Anyone want to predict score release dates for no reason other than entertainment..?? I'm thinking NY 4/17. Since the application closes for July on 4/30. I'm assuming they'll give people a little break before they make the decision to take the next exam.



agree. They should give some room before the close of next registration. I think they will release 21st

umichman
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:56 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby umichman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:58 pm

When is Illinois usually released?

User avatar
lolabear727
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby lolabear727 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:25 am

LMMadison wrote:
HiOCEAN wrote:I got an 85 on the barbri midterm (HORRENDOUS) in july and ended up scoring 139 scaled, which is not a bad score depending on jurisdiction.


Similar: 87 barbri midterm (atrocious); 138 scaled. Came up short overall (after rounding) by a literal point. Sigh.


I failed FL the first time by .5, or 1 pt overall. Had to retake the whole thing. I feel your pain. Not going to happen this time!!

User avatar
lolabear727
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby lolabear727 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:27 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:I got a scaled 140 in FL 2015. Passed. This is my second bar. Did not study as much as before with working full time. Took February NY...

Anyone want to predict score release dates for no reason other than entertainment..?? I'm thinking NY 4/17. Since the application closes for July on 4/30. I'm assuming they'll give people a little break before they make the decision to take the next exam.



agree. They should give some room before the close of next registration. I think they will release 21st



Sounds about right to me as well!

User avatar
lolabear727
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby lolabear727 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:39 am

Does anyone know the typical day that NY prefers to release bar results? I know it's usually at midnight.. FL it was usually always third Monday of September at like 8:30-9:00am.

HoneyPot
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby HoneyPot » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 am

Acdc54 wrote:I'm thinking 4/7 for PA?



Me too. Seems like PA likes releasing on Fridays.

gamma ray charles
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:43 am

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Postby gamma ray charles » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:23 am

I took the February 2017 Florida bar. I feel like I completely bombed the first essay, did okay on the second, and felt pretty comfortable on the third one. The FL MC I felt good on, but can't really be sure since I was just happy it wasn't any more essay (which again I felt like I did atrociously on account of the firs essay). I guess I'd like to know if anyone could give me a little reassurance that I still have a chance at passing.. how hard is it really to get around a 40 on an essay? I think I could have at least gotten 60-65% correct on the multiple choice.

For the MBE, my Themis midterm ended up being 125. Any idea how this fares for me with the actual thing? I completed about 88% of the entire Themis course. I am a nervous wreck anticipating results and these last two weeks with some change are dragging by so slowly. It feels like my life is on hold. Everyday I manage to convince myself I failed and then that I somehow miraculously passed, several times a day.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Knickerblocker, verejacob and 8 guests