March 2017 MPRE

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 5254
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby pancakes3 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:39 pm

interesting that more March kids announced their scores than the November kids. Gut reaction is that the scores ITT are higher than usual too.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Is there an easy way to translate percentile to percent correct?

Ketki
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby Ketki » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:40 pm

I failed by one mark. Got 84 , TX need 85. Painful ..,

Thrive
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:01 am

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby Thrive » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Pneumonia wrote:Is there an easy way to translate percentile to percent correct?


There isn't. Maybe this is helpful? viewtopic.php?f=41&t=275121#p9859327

Gilgamesh223
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby Gilgamesh223 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:02 pm

lunchmeat wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:i heard mpre score could determine the bar score...
not being high enough (regardless of pass/fail) now I'm extra worried about my bar results.


How does this work? I got a 99 and will be taking the bar in Texas (I'm a 2L). Should I be worried?


FWIW, I studied and got a 97. I got a 169 on the MBE, which is much further toward the top end of the distribution. So, for me, at any rate, there was no relationship.

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Gilgamesh223 wrote:
lunchmeat wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:i heard mpre score could determine the bar score...
not being high enough (regardless of pass/fail) now I'm extra worried about my bar results.


How does this work? I got a 99 and will be taking the bar in Texas (I'm a 2L). Should I be worried?


FWIW, I studied and got a 97. I got a 169 on the MBE, which is much further toward the top end of the distribution. So, for me, at any rate, there was no relationship.


I love you

keepgoing2016
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby keepgoing2016 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:16 pm

[quote="Ketki"]I failed by one mark. Got 84 , TX need 85. Painful ..,[/quote

Sorry to hear that. I am a retaker having failed by one mark in November. You will smash it next time!

User avatar
screwtapeletters
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:01 am

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby screwtapeletters » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:19 pm

84...
Cant retake in August due to family plans, but does anybody know what happens if I pass the ny bar in july, retake mpre in november and pass? Will i be sworn in the following year? If so, when will that be?

User avatar
trebekismyhero
Posts: 755
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby trebekismyhero » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:23 pm

screwtapeletters wrote:84...
Cant retake in August due to family plans, but does anybody know what happens if I pass the ny bar in july, retake mpre in november and pass? Will i be sworn in the following year? If so, when will that be?


I will let someone with NY experience answer the question about having to wait a year. But I would highly advise you to take it in August. If you have a job lined up the firm might not be happy that you are delayed in getting admitted and if you don't then you're putting off the chance of your getting a job

RaceJudicata
Posts: 1428
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby RaceJudicata » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:27 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:
screwtapeletters wrote:84...
Cant retake in August due to family plans, but does anybody know what happens if I pass the ny bar in july, retake mpre in november and pass? Will i be sworn in the following year? If so, when will that be?


I will let someone with NY experience answer the question about having to wait a year. But I would highly advise you to take it in August. If you have a job lined up the firm might not be happy that you are delayed in getting admitted and if you don't then you're putting off the chance of your getting a job


Ya dude, you gotta take this thing in August. I get family plans, but I don't think November is an option at this point.

User avatar
screwtapeletters
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:01 am

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby screwtapeletters » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:32 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:
trebekismyhero wrote:
screwtapeletters wrote:84...
Cant retake in August due to family plans, but does anybody know what happens if I pass the ny bar in july, retake mpre in november and pass? Will i be sworn in the following year? If so, when will that be?


I will let someone with NY experience answer the question about having to wait a year. But I would highly advise you to take it in August. If you have a job lined up the firm might not be happy that you are delayed in getting admitted and if you don't then you're putting off the chance of your getting a job


Ya dude, you gotta take this thing in August. I get family plans, but I don't think November is an option at this point.


I'm going to be working at a non-bar passage required job, so "when" i pass the bar is not a concern (i know for a fact that there are some who didnt even take the bar). But im just curious as to when ill be admitted and sworn in and become a "lawyer"

yankeeman86
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby yankeeman86 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:36 pm

keepgoing2016 wrote:
Ketki wrote:I failed by one mark. Got 84 , TX need 85. Painful ..,[/quote

Sorry to hear that. I am a retaker having failed by one mark in November. You will smash it next time!



verify it was graded properly by the scantron machine? Heard a classmate of mine did not sure if the resulting score changed. It might just be a money grab - $50.

"have the machine scoring of your MPRE answer sheet manually rechecked (MPRE Score Verification) (must be requested within two months of your test date)."

yankeeman86
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby yankeeman86 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:40 pm

by any chance does someone know if your employer of future employer can check if you failed or passed a previous MPRE admin?

my mpre score is stale, no idea it expires every three years? I need to take this stupid thing.

Spartan_Alum_12
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby Spartan_Alum_12 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:45 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:i heard mpre score could determine the bar score...
not being high enough (regardless of pass/fail) now I'm extra worried about my bar results.


I know you're crazy stressed (trust me, I went through bar results just 5 months ago) but I don't think there's much of a correlation.

I studied a couple hours for the MPRE the first time around (ppl said that would be enough) and failed miserably (think 60s, needed an 86 for CA). Studied pretty hard for my MPRE retake and still only passed with a 97.

Studied my ass off for the CA bar and passed the first time. The weight of importance and amount of studying of the MPRE vs. the bar exam are so different I just don't see them as a good comparison.

Spartan_Alum_12
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby Spartan_Alum_12 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:46 pm

yankeeman86 wrote:by any chance does someone know if your employer of future employer can check if you failed or passed a previous MPRE admin?

my mpre score is stale, no idea it expires every three years? I need to take this stupid thing.


I don't think they can find out (unless it delays your state bar admission). They won't care enough to look.
Last edited by Spartan_Alum_12 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hazel2014
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:04 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby hazel2014 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:53 pm

Yayyyy 140!!

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Spartan_Alum_12 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:i heard mpre score could determine the bar score...
not being high enough (regardless of pass/fail) now I'm extra worried about my bar results.


I know you're crazy stressed (trust me, I went through bar results just 5 months ago) but I don't think there's much of a correlation.

I studied a couple hours for the MPRE the first time around (ppl said that would be enough) and failed miserably (think 60s, needed an 86 for CA). Studied pretty hard for my MPRE retake and still only passed with a 97.

Studied my ass off for the CA bar and passed the first time. The weight of importance and amount of studying of the MPRE vs. the bar exam are so different I just don't see them as a good comparison.



Thank you aND I love msu

Blackhawks_Fan
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby Blackhawks_Fan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:07 pm

hazel2014 wrote:Yayyyy 140!!


Wow - what did you do, write the actual exam paper?

Spartan_Alum_12
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby Spartan_Alum_12 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:10 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
Spartan_Alum_12 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:i heard mpre score could determine the bar score...
not being high enough (regardless of pass/fail) now I'm extra worried about my bar results.


I know you're crazy stressed (trust me, I went through bar results just 5 months ago) but I don't think there's much of a correlation.

I studied a couple hours for the MPRE the first time around (ppl said that would be enough) and failed miserably (think 60s, needed an 86 for CA). Studied pretty hard for my MPRE retake and still only passed with a 97.

Studied my ass off for the CA bar and passed the first time. The weight of importance and amount of studying of the MPRE vs. the bar exam are so different I just don't see them as a good comparison.



Thank you aND I love msu


Now I really want you to pass!!

RaceJudicata
Posts: 1428
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby RaceJudicata » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:05 pm

Blackhawks_Fan wrote:
hazel2014 wrote:Yayyyy 140!!


Wow - what did you do, write the actual exam paper?


Damn dude. Nice work.

User avatar
lolabear727
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby lolabear727 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:19 pm

Passed! Now come on NY!!

happyhour1122
Posts: 1043
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Spartan_Alum_12 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Spartan_Alum_12 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:i heard mpre score could determine the bar score...
not being high enough (regardless of pass/fail) now I'm extra worried about my bar results.


I know you're crazy stressed (trust me, I went through bar results just 5 months ago) but I don't think there's much of a correlation.

I studied a couple hours for the MPRE the first time around (ppl said that would be enough) and failed miserably (think 60s, needed an 86 for CA). Studied pretty hard for my MPRE retake and still only passed with a 97.

Studied my ass off for the CA bar and passed the first time. The weight of importance and amount of studying of the MPRE vs. the bar exam are so different I just don't see them as a good comparison.



Thank you aND I love msu


Now I really want you to pass!!


you should try bubble island on grand river. I used to work there ;)

sr1986
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:51 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby sr1986 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:32 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
Spartan_Alum_12 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Spartan_Alum_12 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:i heard mpre score could determine the bar score...
not being high enough (regardless of pass/fail) now I'm extra worried about my bar results.


I know you're crazy stressed (trust me, I went through bar results just 5 months ago) but I don't think there's much of a correlation.

I studied a couple hours for the MPRE the first time around (ppl said that would be enough) and failed miserably (think 60s, needed an 86 for CA). Studied pretty hard for my MPRE retake and still only passed with a 97.

Studied my ass off for the CA bar and passed the first time. The weight of importance and amount of studying of the MPRE vs. the bar exam are so different I just don't see them as a good comparison.



Thank you aND I love msu


Now I really want you to pass!!


you should try bubble island on grand river. I used to work there ;)


Happyhour1122...

There is absolutely no co-relation. I passed the NY Bar in July 2016 on my first try with 137.6 on the MBE. I then failed the November 2016 MPRE with 82- my first attempt. Passed this time with 110. All the best for your results!

keepgoing2016
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby keepgoing2016 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:52 am

pvnyc wrote:I failed for a 4th time and scored below an 82 from the last time....a 60.... I am just torn... I did not know it would be this bad. This just upsets me so much that now I know for a fact that I will fail the bar in july... my hope is gone



Sorry to hear that you have failed a 4th time :-( but don't throw in the towel quite yet! In my opinion, the MPRE doesn't necessarily reflect on your ability to take the bar exam. I know many people who passed the bar exam first time but took several attempts to pass the MPRE! I failed the MPRE on my first attempt (84) but I can only blame myself as I underestimated the exam and didn't study enough. Passed this time quite comfortably (110).

If you need any study tips just shout.

User avatar
PersistentAttorney
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:22 am

Re: March 2017 MPRE

Postby PersistentAttorney » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:57 am

lolabear727 wrote:Passed! Now come on NY!!


oh yeah! bring it on!




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bass, GGMcSwift and 10 guests