NC Feb 2017

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
HerptonBurpton

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby HerptonBurpton » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:41 pm

virgoyum wrote:I saw on another forum that they were mailed out yesterday. I am not sure what time. Someone called their processor this morning.

Good luck to you all.


I just called. They were mailed yesterday

futurePD24

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:09 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby futurePD24 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:43 pm

Do you only receive a letter if you passed, or does everyone receive a letter, even if they failed?

User avatar
virgoyum

Bronze
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Somebody just got their letter in Raleigh and passed.

If you're in Raleigh you may have a letter waiting when you get home.

GOOD LUCK!
Last edited by virgoyum on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

happyhour1122

Silver
Posts: 1064
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:35 pm

virgoyum wrote:Somebody just got their letter in Raleigh and passed.



holly shit. That person must have waited in front of the mail box

User avatar
virgoyum

Bronze
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:36 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
virgoyum wrote:Somebody just got their letter in Raleigh and passed.



holly shit. That person must have waited in front of the mail box


LMAO! It's not unheard of. One of my mentors chased down the mail truck because there was no email notification back then lololol

happyhour1122

Silver
Posts: 1064
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:50 pm

virgoyum wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
virgoyum wrote:Somebody just got their letter in Raleigh and passed.



holly shit. That person must have waited in front of the mail box


LMAO! It's not unheard of. One of my mentors chased down the mail truck because there was no email notification back then lololol



at the apartment building I live in, the postman has a policy where no one can take their mail until he is done with putting all the mails in the correct apartment numbers.
Imagine standing there while he inputs the mails into the box. I would totally do so.

User avatar
virgoyum

Bronze
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:02 pm

HerptonBurpton wrote:
virgoyum wrote:I saw on another forum that they were mailed out yesterday. I am not sure what time. Someone called their processor this morning.

Good luck to you all.


I just called. They were mailed yesterday


I now just saw an update in all4jds that said they weren't mailed and there are trolls. What is the truuuuuuuuuuuth?

I hope I didn't get NC'ers unnecessarily excited. Apologies in advance.

HerptonBurpton

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby HerptonBurpton » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:07 pm

virgoyum wrote:
HerptonBurpton wrote:
virgoyum wrote:I saw on another forum that they were mailed out yesterday. I am not sure what time. Someone called their processor this morning.

Good luck to you all.


I just called. They were mailed yesterday


I now just saw an update in all4jds that said they weren't mailed and there are trolls. What is the truuuuuuuuuuuth?

I hope I didn't get NC'ers unnecessarily excited. Apologies in advance.


People have been trolling All4JDs, saying that it wouldn't be mailed for weeks, that there were outages, that they were lost.

They were mailed. I called and asked.

User avatar
virgoyum

Bronze
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:09 pm

HerptonBurpton wrote:
virgoyum wrote:
HerptonBurpton wrote:
virgoyum wrote:I saw on another forum that they were mailed out yesterday. I am not sure what time. Someone called their processor this morning.

Good luck to you all.


I just called. They were mailed yesterday


I now just saw an update in all4jds that said they weren't mailed and there are trolls. What is the truuuuuuuuuuuth?

I hope I didn't get NC'ers unnecessarily excited. Apologies in advance.


People have been trolling All4JDs, saying that it wouldn't be mailed for weeks, that there were outages, that they were lost.

They were mailed. I called and asked.


Ok cool beans. I would have felt so bad. God knows my anxiety is high waiting and hoping ours is released Friday and not Monday.

Good luck to you. *solidarity*

User avatar
virgoyum

Bronze
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:04 pm

Morrisville NC received theirs.

User avatar
virgoyum

Bronze
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby virgoyum » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Above the Law Article re: North Carolina Feb 2017 pass rates: http://abovethelaw.com/2017/03/law-scho ... ates-ever/

happyhour1122

Silver
Posts: 1064
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:07 pm

virgoyum wrote:I saw on another forum that they were mailed out yesterday. I am not sure what time. Someone called their processor this morning.

Good luck to you all.



why is Feb passage rate so low...

HiOCEAN

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby HiOCEAN » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:41 pm

That passage rate is just sick. :x

User avatar
virgoyum

Bronze
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby virgoyum » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:48 pm

Here's the NCBE report for comparison...

http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ment%2F205

TenaciousJ

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby TenaciousJ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:10 pm

virgoyum wrote:Above the Law Article re: North Carolina Feb 2017 pass rates: http://abovethelaw.com/2017/03/law-scho ... ates-ever/


I feel like something is amiss with this session's scoring. A 36.73% overall pass rate is insane, even taking into account the fact that 27% of takers are from Charlotte Law which had horrible pass rates (131 out of 166 failed).

Like Desi Arnez said... somebody got some splainin' to do!

TenaciousJ

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby TenaciousJ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:13 pm

I'd love to see the MBE scores for comparison year over year after the new scoring was put in place.. I bet we're going to find that the scores dropped a lot.

MultiStateLawyer

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:44 am

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby MultiStateLawyer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:21 am

TenaciousJ wrote:
virgoyum wrote:Above the Law Article re: North Carolina Feb 2017 pass rates: http://abovethelaw.com/2017/03/law-scho ... ates-ever/


I feel like something is amiss with this session's scoring. A 36.73% overall pass rate is insane, even taking into account the fact that 27% of takers are from Charlotte Law which had horrible pass rates (131 out of 166 failed).

Like Desi Arnez said... somebody got some splainin' to do!



Take it with a grain of Salt. If you look at the results from Campbell, UNC, WFU, and Duke.. those numbers appear more on the line of many other jurisdictions. http://abovethelaw.com/2017/03/law-scho ... es-ever/3/

From reading other threads, it appears that NC has some issues with some of its law schools and those numbers are often skewed. Similar to how CA doesn't require an Bar Examinee to be from an ABA-approved law school and why often that rate is so low.

catcher77

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby catcher77 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:16 pm

Has anyone heard anything about dates for swearing in ceremonies?

happyhour1122

Silver
Posts: 1064
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby happyhour1122 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:23 pm

NC bar must have been really difficult.. I have a friend who took the exam and failed. She was in top 10 in school and passed CA first try but failed NC in Feb...

maxmartin

Silver
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: NC Feb 2017

Postby maxmartin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:11 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:NC bar must have been really difficult.. I have a friend who took the exam and failed. She was in top 10 in school and passed CA first try but failed NC in Feb...


CA bar is a different beast, MBE only counts 35%. It favors good essay writers. And CA doesn't disclose the score if you pass, your friend may pass the CA bar by the skin of teeth.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cnk1220, ME2JD and 17 guests