Anyone taking nyle this month? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
beckygirl

New

Re: Anyone taking nyle this month?

Post by beckygirl » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Harvard_Naw wrote:
de minimis wrote:That sucked ass. Anyone else have an error on one question where multiple answer choices were stuffed into a single choice?
I had this on a question near the end of the exam. Didn't know if it was an error or if I just didn't understand the answer choice.
Just called and they said they knew about it and were figuring it out- I'm guessing they'll drop it...but will that also drop the pass from 30/50 to 29/49? It shouldddd.

Lapis123

New

Post by Lapis123 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:39 pm

de minimis wrote:That sucked ass. Anyone else have an error on one question where multiple answer choices were stuffed into a single choice?
Yes!!! There were only three answer choices and the first one contained what looked like two answers in one.

MoreCowBellPlease

New

Post by MoreCowBellPlease » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Oh man, I think I missed a question on general jurisdiction. I feel retarded. Wth.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:41 pm

There were maybe 2-3 I totally had to guess despite the answer in the pdf. The rewording looked all alike.... oh well..Yes only 30 needed.

bulaw2017student

New

Post by bulaw2017student » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:25 pm

I honestly thought the NYLE was extremely difficult considering there were hypos on this exam. Barely finished in time. Anyone feel the same? Also, think we're gonna get back the results this week?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Blackhawks_Fan

New

Post by Blackhawks_Fan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:53 pm

I don't think the results are this week, supposed to be next week. Plus they have the issue of how to deal with the messed up question (although that was an examsoft issue I'm sure.)
If it's any consulation you're not alone - exam definitely much, much harder than the mock questions and what other folk have said re earlier exams. You had to know the material well not to get caught out on time. I didn't come away thinking I've got this ... quite the opposite.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:37 pm

I took the first administration in May 2016. Although I passed, it wasn't as easy as the first few posters made out. I know people who failed it because they underestimated it. There is no way you will pass it with haphazard knowledge of the law unless you are lucky.

The good thing is it doesn't cost much and you have four tries in a year. Nothing much to worry about. :wink:

elendinel

Silver

Post by elendinel » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:39 am

Yep, I stared at it for a good five minutes wondering awkwardly how important it was.

Anyone know how long it usually takes for results to be sent back?

Blackhawks_Fan

New

Post by Blackhawks_Fan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Two weeks, so they say.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Excelsoir

New

Post by Excelsoir » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:29 am

Results are out! Check your BOLE accounts.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:06 am

OMG...
I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT I WAS SO NERVOUS.
I PASSED!.... WISH THIS WAS THE BAR RESULTS.

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Post by Winter is Coming » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:59 am

happyhour1122 wrote:OMG...
I think everyone was nervous, but looking back I know I didn't fail. Kind of funny you don't get a score, never know if you passed by one point. Maybe they auto-passed everyone because of how much they screwed up this administration haha.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:23 am

Winter is Coming wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:OMG...
I think everyone was nervous, but looking back I know I didn't fail. Kind of funny you don't get a score, never know if you passed by one point. Maybe they auto-passed everyone because of how much they screwed up this administration haha.

I wanted a score...:(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Aavni

New

Post by Aavni » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:28 am

Aavni wrote:First few questions were a little challenging, but CTRL+F still feels safe enough. Also used Kaplan's NYLC outline (~300 pages!) as a backup, but most answers were readily available and better defined in the BOLE's PDF.
Passed. Studying for this is unnecessary.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Yeah, this exam was super chill. I'm glad we're done with it!

j_syrinate

New

Post by j_syrinate » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Now that everyone has passed, I'll be taking the NYLE in September while working full-time. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for the amount of time you'll need to prepare for this exam? Thanks!

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Post by Winter is Coming » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:43 pm

j_syrinate wrote:Now that everyone has passed, I'll be taking the NYLE in September while working full-time. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for the amount of time you'll need to prepare for this exam? Thanks!
I'm doubling down on my "no time" besides the videos response (which are 15 hours though).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

j_syrinate

New

Post by j_syrinate » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:46 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
j_syrinate wrote:Now that everyone has passed, I'll be taking the NYLE in September while working full-time. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for the amount of time you'll need to prepare for this exam? Thanks!
I'm doubling down on my "no time" besides the videos response (which are 15 hours though).
It was really that easy? I know open book helps but I figured I should do a thorough review and get my hands on some practice multiple choice questions.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:15 pm

j_syrinate wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:
It was really that easy? I know open book helps but I figured I should do a thorough review and get my hands on some practice multiple choice questions.

We don't know our score so it can't be certain, but in my personal opinion, if I had not read the outlines 3-4times, I don't think I would've finished it on time. Even if you do control+f, you should have a general idea about the topic.

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Post by Winter is Coming » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:22 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
j_syrinate wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

We don't know our score so it can't be certain, but in my personal opinion, if I had not read the outlines 3-4times, I don't think I would've finished it on time. Even if you do control+f, you should have a general idea about the topic.
That's fair, I just think that the "general idea of the topic" is a lot of what you learn in general law school classes. Like for example one of the questions is about joint and several liability (OK I remember a little of that from 1L, let me look up if NY has a weird rule about it--cntrl f--OK this is NY's rule). Another one is about comparative negligence (contrl+f comparative neg, see NY is pure comparative neg. state). The only stuff I was really in the dark about was the family law stuff, which was like 75% word for word in the outline. Obviously, prepare as much as you need but I don't think people should stress about it.

Regarding timing, this is a weird test because of the inability to go back once you've answered a question. I think it's important to guess and move on if you are having a really hard time with one in the beginning because the score needed to pass is so low and you don't want to be in a situation where you don't finish. At the same time, it would suck to finish having guessed on a question or two and have 10 mins left, so its an annoying balance.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”