NY Second Dep't CLE

NyuIwantu

NY Second Dep't CLE

Postby NyuIwantu » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:43 am

So for newly admitted attorneys, most CLEs need to be done live. However, the second department makes us take an Orientation to the Profession which is worth 3 CLE. It used to be given live but now it's a video and is required as part of the application process.

Can those 3 CLEs count for ethics since they aren't live?

Triangular

Re: NY Second Dep't CLE

Postby Triangular » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:18 pm

They send you a CLE certificate once you've completed it, based on that I imagine the answer is yes, otherwise what's the point of that?
It's confusing as after your first year of admission your surplus ethics CLE's can't be rolled over.

NyuIwantu

Postby NyuIwantu » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Triangular wrote:They send you a CLE certificate once you've completed it, based on that I imagine the answer is yes, otherwise what's the point of that?
It's confusing as after your first year of admission your surplus ethics CLE's can't be rolled over.

That's what I was hoping. But maybe it's for people who were already practicing elsewhere?

It is annoying but this isn't surplus ethics. It's only 3 credits itself. That's the required amount, right?

kidfromny

Postby kidfromny » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Is there anywhere that tracks our CLE completions and what we need to complete? Where can I find what CLE's I need?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”