2017 July California Bar

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
yost

Bronze
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby yost » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:01 am

CaliforniaHopeful wrote:
PorscheFanatic wrote:Thinking about trying to go into work late tomorrow so that I have the fewest hours possible sitting in front of a computer screen watching the time pass...

User avatar
2807

Silver
Posts: 597
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby 2807 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:03 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=otZKdoHs06g

One Day More.
Tomorrow we’ll discover what our god in heaven has in store...
One more dawn.
One more day.

One Day More.

Good luck everybody.

AcidaliaPlanitia

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby AcidaliaPlanitia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:20 am

Good luck everyone, seriously

User avatar
BigLawSmallConfdence

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:34 am

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby BigLawSmallConfdence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:35 am

You guys I'm freaking out.

CaliforniaHopeful

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby CaliforniaHopeful » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:37 am

BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:You guys I'm freaking out.


At least if you fail you can leave your BigLaw job? So there’s always a bright side!

Tlsftw44

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby Tlsftw44 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:39 am

what time does it come out

User avatar
BigLawSmallConfdence

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:34 am

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby BigLawSmallConfdence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:02 am

CaliforniaHopeful wrote:
BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:You guys I'm freaking out.


At least if you fail you can leave your BigLaw job? So there’s always a bright side!


Lol, but I don't want to get fired I like my job :cry:

User avatar
BigLawSmallConfdence

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:34 am

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby BigLawSmallConfdence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:03 am

Tlsftw44 wrote:what time does it come out

Are you serious fam?

nervous_wreck

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby nervous_wreck » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:05 am

BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:You guys I'm freaking out.


I bet you did better than you think right now.

Your mind is focusing on what can go wrong and the things you feel like you answered wrong. Try to focus on how you felt when you left the test--you were probably more confident then than you are right now.

User avatar
BigLawSmallConfdence

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:34 am

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby BigLawSmallConfdence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:27 am

nervous_wreck wrote:
BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:You guys I'm freaking out.


I bet you did better than you think right now.

Your mind is focusing on what can go wrong and the things you feel like you answered wrong. Try to focus on how you felt when you left the test--you were probably more confident then than you are right now.


Thank you. You are so sweet. I love your username lol... I felt really bad after the exam too. I actually went back to my car and cried after the first morning session sigh lol

nervous_wreck

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby nervous_wreck » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:36 am

BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:
nervous_wreck wrote:
BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:You guys I'm freaking out.


I bet you did better than you think right now.

Your mind is focusing on what can go wrong and the things you feel like you answered wrong. Try to focus on how you felt when you left the test--you were probably more confident then than you are right now.


Thank you. You are so sweet. I love your username lol... I felt really bad after the exam too. I actually went back to my car and cried after the first morning session sigh lol


I still think at this point there is a high high probability we are all creating a lot of this out of sheer worry. I'm freaking out all the time too and I dont know if i can even muster the courage to check. This really really sucks.

User avatar
BigLawSmallConfdence

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:34 am

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby BigLawSmallConfdence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:55 am

nervous_wreck wrote:
BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:
nervous_wreck wrote:
BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:You guys I'm freaking out.


I bet you did better than you think right now.

Your mind is focusing on what can go wrong and the things you feel like you answered wrong. Try to focus on how you felt when you left the test--you were probably more confident then than you are right now.


Thank you. You are so sweet. I love your username lol... I felt really bad after the exam too. I actually went back to my car and cried after the first morning session sigh lol


I still think at this point there is a high high probability we are all creating a lot of this out of sheer worry. I'm freaking out all the time too and I dont know if i can even muster the courage to check. This really really sucks.


Yeah dude. Whenever I think about clicking and seeing my results pop up on the screen... having all these months of wait vanish in a second is so scary. I even looked to see what the difference is between passing or failing so you can tell immediately apparently if you pass you will see your name show up if you failed you won't see it so I feel like within a second I will be able to tell... I really
Hope you pass!! Then you can sigh a breath of relief and celebrate.

User avatar
Alt123

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby Alt123 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:58 am

On the admissions status page, under the "CALIFORNIA BAR EXAMINATION" section, has anyone's updated this morning to say the requirement is satisfied? I doubt it will change before the list goes out, but I am just curious.

Ritz13

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby Ritz13 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:31 am

2807 wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=otZKdoHs06g

One Day More.
Tomorrow we’ll discover what our god in heaven has in store...
One more dawn.
One more day.

One Day More.

Good luck everybody.


Thanks a lot. I too wish myself and everybody good luck. May god bless us to handle our destiny in this Legal profession in d best possible way by giving the positive result today.

Ritz13

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby Ritz13 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:39 am

BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:
nervous_wreck wrote:
BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:
nervous_wreck wrote:
BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:
Yeah dude. Whenever I think about clicking and seeing my results pop up on the screen... having all these months of wait vanish in a second is so scary. I even looked to see what the difference is between passing or failing so you can tell immediately apparently if you pass you will see your name show up if you failed you won't see it so I feel like within a second I will be able to tell... I really
Hope you pass!! Then you can sigh a breath of relief and celebrate.



So true. I checked two times earlier and my name didn't appear. I kept on checking in different browsers but still my name didn't appear. I was literally crying in front of my kid and wife. :( It is difficult to give CBX exam while living in VA and do full time job to make the living where breaks r not allowed apart from weekend. God help us all.

User avatar
qapla

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby qapla » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:05 pm

I am an absolute wreck today!

"Results will be available in 10 hours" :shock:

User avatar
a male human

Gold
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby a male human » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:29 pm

I'll be coming back home early today before 6 to celebrate/commiserate with you. Best of luck!

User avatar
Alt123

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby Alt123 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:34 pm

For the results we need our:

(1) Applicant number
(2) File number

However, my badge and ticket list my applicant number as being 4 digits, but the exam soft upload confirmation adds a leading 0. I assume trust the badge/ticket?

bacillusanthracis

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:30 am

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby bacillusanthracis » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:48 pm

PorscheFanatic wrote:Just my $0.02....

I find InterAlia's posts anxiety inducing (because most of us don't want to think about what we wrote on any specific answer--it only creates stress, and even if you bombed one specific answer, you could've crushed everything else and still passed, so no need to dwell on individual responses).

SFAssociate: I'm on the same page. Especially, let's focus on "good luck to everyone on this thread, good vibes to everyone, let's just hope we can all pass together."


When I think about what I wrote, well, I can't really remember. So I don't give AF.

My thing is this: I truly worked my ass off to pass. While I suppose I could've done a few more MBE questions and written a couple more essays, the fact is that I prepared hard and was indeed well prepared for that test. If I failed, I have nothing to be ashamed of and I'll be some pretty damn good company. Yes, it'll suck to have to do it all over again, but right there is what's important: I can take it again. My family isn't going to stop loving me, I'm not going to be thrown out onto the street; I'm not going to be made to walk naked through downtown while townies chant, "Shame. Shame. Shame."

If I didn't pass it'll be because of some flaw in my technique and I already have some pretty good ideas what those flaws may have been. So whatever. At this point I'm looking forward to seeing the result, regardless of what it is.

krispymenudo

Bronze
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby krispymenudo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:09 pm

bacillusanthracis wrote:
PorscheFanatic wrote:Just my $0.02....

I find InterAlia's posts anxiety inducing (because most of us don't want to think about what we wrote on any specific answer--it only creates stress, and even if you bombed one specific answer, you could've crushed everything else and still passed, so no need to dwell on individual responses).

SFAssociate: I'm on the same page. Especially, let's focus on "good luck to everyone on this thread, good vibes to everyone, let's just hope we can all pass together."


This. Right there with ya on this. Good luck everyone, praying for you all! And praying that I myself just don’t explode from the anxiety.

When I think about what I wrote, well, I can't really remember. So I don't give AF.

My thing is this: I truly worked my ass off to pass. While I suppose I could've done a few more MBE questions and written a couple more essays, the fact is that I prepared hard and was indeed well prepared for that test. If I failed, I have nothing to be ashamed of and I'll be some pretty damn good company. Yes, it'll suck to have to do it all over again, but right there is what's important: I can take it again. My family isn't going to stop loving me, I'm not going to be thrown out onto the street; I'm not going to be made to walk naked through downtown while townies chant, "Shame. Shame. Shame."

If I didn't pass it'll be because of some flaw in my technique and I already have some pretty good ideas what those flaws may have been. So whatever. At this point I'm looking forward to seeing the result, regardless of what it is.

InterAlia1961

Bronze
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby InterAlia1961 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:30 pm

If you didn't pass, it's because you didn't perform competently. I'll bet that triggers a couple of you. If I didn't pass, it's because I didn't perform competently. Period. If my posting about the issues I spotted makes you anxious, I'm guessing it's because you made the same mistakes I did. If so, you should be anxious. If you don't give "AF," then why are you here? Of course you give AF.

SFassociate

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:50 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby SFassociate » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:41 pm

InterAlia1961 wrote:If you didn't pass, it's because you didn't perform competently. I'll bet that triggers a couple of you. If I didn't pass, it's because I didn't perform competently. Period. If my posting about the issues I spotted makes you anxious, I'm guessing it's because you made the same mistakes I did. If so, you should be anxious. If you don't give "AF," then why are you here? Of course you give AF.



In the words of the great Michael Scott: "Why are you the way that you are?"

*sigh*

Keep on keeping on friends!

User avatar
2807

Silver
Posts: 597
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby 2807 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:58 pm

InterAlia1961 wrote:If you didn't pass, it's because you didn't perform competently. I'll bet that triggers a couple of you. If I didn't pass, it's because I didn't perform competently. Period. If my posting about the issues I spotted makes you anxious, I'm guessing it's because you made the same mistakes I did. If so, you should be anxious. If you don't give "AF," then why are you here? Of course you give AF.


Well, you could perform competently on some parts, and not on other parts.
You either... Pass, or you ... Learn.

To those who "learn" tonight: Carry on, and come back to show them what you learned.

Yes. You. Can.

CaliforniaHopeful

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby CaliforniaHopeful » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:03 pm

InterAlia1961 wrote:If you didn't pass, it's because you didn't perform competently. I'll bet that triggers a couple of you. If I didn't pass, it's because I didn't perform competently. Period. If my posting about the issues I spotted makes you anxious, I'm guessing it's because you made the same mistakes I did. If so, you should be anxious. If you don't give "AF," then why are you here? Of course you give AF.


U mad brah?

User avatar
yeslekkkk

Bronze
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Postby yeslekkkk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:07 pm

2807 wrote:
InterAlia1961 wrote:If you didn't pass, it's because you didn't perform competently. I'll bet that triggers a couple of you. If I didn't pass, it's because I didn't perform competently. Period. If my posting about the issues I spotted makes you anxious, I'm guessing it's because you made the same mistakes I did. If so, you should be anxious. If you don't give "AF," then why are you here? Of course you give AF.


Well, you could perform competently on some parts, and not on other parts.
You either... Pass, or you ... Learn.

To those who "learn" tonight: Carry on, and come back to show them what you learned.

Yes. You. Can.


Si se puede



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: estefanchanning and 31 guests