2017 July California Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
valentina

New

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Post by valentina » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:41 pm

Does anyone have the passing score formula that was used for this exam?

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:45 pm

valentina wrote:Does anyone have the passing score formula that was used for this exam?
MBE = 50%
Essays (5) = 33%
PT = 17%

valentina

New

Post by valentina » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:33 pm

Thanks - I'm asking about the scaling formula: Written Scale Score = [{(A – B) /C} x D] + E

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:20 pm

Hey y'all.

I need to pay my bar fees. I was going through the process and it mentioned the 25% salary reduction. It says it's based off of your 2017 income, and it applies to people who have less than $40,000 in income. As new admittees, do you think we qualify for that? I did not make more $40,000 in 2017. Anyone else look into it or do it?

SDChargers

New

Post by SDChargers » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:33 am

Help Writing the Analysis part of the IRAC
I am having difficulty writing the analysis part, even though i know the rule, the elements, i know which facts apply and I outline before I write. I keep pausing and cannot formulate a sentence to combine the facts and the rule; I don't know if it's my panic, stress, or just overcomplicating it. How do I overcome this, how do I allow myself to let the analysis flow smoothly like it does when I explain things to others verbally.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:47 am

SDChargers wrote:Help Writing the Analysis part of the IRAC
I am having difficulty writing the analysis part, even though i know the rule, the elements, i know which facts apply and I outline before I write. I keep pausing and cannot formulate a sentence to combine the facts and the rule; I don't know if it's my panic, stress, or just overcomplicating it. How do I overcome this, how do I allow myself to let the analysis flow smoothly like it does when I explain things to others verbally.
It seems that the question you asked before has an answer that may help: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... #p10289286

Are you looking for something else this time?

BrainToast

New

Post by BrainToast » Sun May 27, 2018 11:14 am

Read a bunch of cases and copy how the Judges do it. It has to become second nature. You can’t worry about sentence structure and how to write your analysis during the actual exam.

Link the rule to the facts giving and move on.

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Sun May 27, 2018 4:38 pm

This might be an oversimplification, but I use the word "because" in the first sentence of my analysis part. For example: "A valid contract exists 'because' elements X, Y, and Z are satisfied. Element X is satisfied because (facts)..." etc.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Mon May 28, 2018 6:01 am

I didn't take cali, but I passed UBE and FL. The signal I used that a law professor said "hit her like a two by four and very professional" during our required exam post mortem is "in the instant matter" that also is a built in distinction between a case you may remember in an essay or even during a PT where it may mean a point that may pass you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rap Genius

New

Post by Rap Genius » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:01 pm

bettercallsaul91 wrote:I'm in Riverside and still have not received my pass letter or packet ... everything on the ca bar website looks good and it says I'm on motion and address is fine.
Can someone tell us more about when the packet arrives after either passing the bar or receiving positive moral character determination? What comes in the packet? Can I pick the packet up in Los Angeles? Thanks!

NotoriousRBG90

New

Post by NotoriousRBG90 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:39 am

Rap Genius wrote:
bettercallsaul91 wrote:I'm in Riverside and still have not received my pass letter or packet ... everything on the ca bar website looks good and it says I'm on motion and address is fine.
Can someone tell us more about when the packet arrives after either passing the bar or receiving positive moral character determination? What comes in the packet? Can I pick the packet up in Los Angeles? Thanks!
Hey- Congrats on passing! The packet includes CLE information and your oath card, which you need to be sworn in. I didn't receive mine in time for swearing in, so I picked it up at the CA Bar office downtown, on Figueroa I believe. You just need to tell them your name, and give them your ID. I finally received my packet in the mail, 6 months after results were released for the July 2017 exam, so who knows what's going on over there, haha!

Rap Genius

New

Post by Rap Genius » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:14 pm

NotoriousRBG90 wrote:
Rap Genius wrote:
Hey- Congrats on passing! The packet includes CLE information and your oath card, which you need to be sworn in. I didn't receive mine in time for swearing in, so I picked it up at the CA Bar office downtown, on Figueroa I believe. You just need to tell them your name, and give them your ID. I finally received my packet in the mail, 6 months after results were released for the July 2017 exam, so who knows what's going on over there, haha!
Thanks! I received the packet. I would have picked up the oath card from the office had the mail been any more delayed. I just mailed it in and I am now waiting for a number!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”